1. Arruda, E, Cintra, OAL, Hayden, FG. Respiratory tract viral infections. In: Guerrant, RL, Walker, DH, Weller, PF eds. Tropical Infectious Diseases – Principles, Pathogens, and Practice. Philadelphia: Churchill Livingstone Elsevier, 2006, vol. 1, pp. 637–659.
2. Allander, T, et al. Cloning of a human parvovirus by molecular screening of respiratory tract samples. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences USA 2005; 102: 12891–12896.
3. Rakes, GP, et al. Rhinovirus and respiratory syncytial virus in wheezing children requiring emergency care. IgE and eosinophil analyses. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 1999; 159: 785–790.
4. Pitkäranta, AE, et al. Detection of rhinovirus in sinus brushings of patients with acute community-acquired sinusits by reverse transcription-PCR. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 1997; 35: 1791–1793.
5. Echevarría, JE, et al. Simultaneous detection and identification of human parainfluenza viruses 1, 2 and 3 from clinical samples by multiplex PCR. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 1998; 36: 1388–1391.
6. Ruest, A, et al. Comparison of the Directgen Flu A+B test, the QuickVue influenza test, and clinical definition to viral culture and reverse transcription-PCR for rapid diagnosis of influenza virus infection. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2003; 41: 3487–3493.
7. Falsey, AR, et al. Human metapneumovirus infections in young and elderly adults. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2003; 187: 785–790.
8. Hierholzer, JC, et al. Detection of adenovirus in clinical specimens by polymerase chain reaction and liquid-phase hybridization quantitated by time-resolved fluorometry. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 1993; 31: 1886–1891.
9. Zheng, H, et al. Strain-specific reverse transcriptase PCR assay: means to distinguish candidate vaccine from wild-type strains of respiratory syncytial virus. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 1996; 34: 334–337.
10. Peret, TCT, et al. Circulation patterns of group A and B human respiratory syncytial virus genotypes in 5 communities in North America. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2000; 181: 1891–1896.
11. Peret, TCT, et al. Circulation patterns of genetically distinct group A and B strains of human respiratory syncytial virus in communities. Journal of General Virology 1998; 79: 2221–2229.
12. Choi, EH, et al. The association of newly identified respiratory viruses with lower respiratory tract infections in Korean children, 2000–2005. Clinical Infectious Diseases 2006; 43: 585–592.
13. Weissbrich, B, et al. Frequent detection of bocavirus DNA in German children with respiratory tract infections. BMC Infectious Diseases 2006; 6: 109.
14. Camara, AA, et al. Risk factors for wheezing in a subtropical environment: role of respiratory viruses and allergen sensitization. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology 2004; 113: 551–557.