1. Maurer, AM, Sturchler, D. A waterborne outbreak of small round structured virus, Campylobacter and Shigella co-infections in La Neuveville, Switzerland, 1998. Epidemiology and Infection 2000; 125: 325–332.
2. Jackson, SG, et al. Bacillus cereus and Bacillus thuringiensis isolated in a gastroenteritis outbreak investigation. Letters in Applied Bacteriology 1995; 21: 103–105.
3. Bettelheim, KA, et al. Combined infection of Norwalk-like virus and verotoxin-producing bacteria associated with a gastroenteritis outbreak. Journal of Diarrhoeal Disease Research 1999; 17: 43–46.
4. Bettelheim, KA, et al. Simultaneous isolation of verotoxin-producing strains of Escherichia coli O128:H2 and viruses in gastroenteritis outbreaks. Comparative Immunology, Microbiology & Infectious Diseases 2001; 24: 135–142.
5. Warner, RD, et al. A large non-typical outbreak of Norwalk virus. Archives of Internal Medicine 1991; 151: 2419–2424.
6. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Norwalk-like viruses, public health consequences and outbreak management. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports 2001; 50: 1–17.
7. Doyle, A, et al. NoV foodborne outbreaks associated with the consumption of oysters from the Etang de Thau, France, December 2002. Eurosurveillance 2004; 9: 1–7.
8. Shield, C, et al. Detection of Norwalk-like virus in shellfish implicated illness. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2000; 181: S360–366.
9. Ng, T.L, et al. Oyster-associated outbreaks of NoV gastroenteritis in Singapore. Journal of Infection 2005; 51: 413–418.
10. Millard, J, Appleton, H, Parry, JV. Studies on heat inactivation of hepatitis A virus with special reference to shellfish. Part 1. Procedures for infection and recovery of virus from laboratory-maintained cockles. Epidemiology and Infection 1987; 98: 397–414.
11. Franca, S, et al. Vph in Brazilian coastal waters. Journal of the American Medical Association 1980; 244: 587–588.
12. Twedt, RM. Vibrio parahaemolyticus. In: Foodborne Bacterial Pathogens. Marcel Dekker, New York, 1989, pp. 543–568.
13. Daniels, N, MacKinnon, L, Bishop, R. Vph infections in the United States, 1973–1998. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2000; 181: 1661–1666.
14. Dolin, R. NoV-challenges to control. New England Journal of Medicine 2007; 357: 1072–1073.
15. LeGudayer, FS, et al. Norwalk virus-specific binding to oyster digestive tissues. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2006; 12: 931–936.
16. Widdowson, Ma, Monroe, SS, Glass, RI. Are noroviruses emerging? Emerging Infectious Diseases 2005; 11: 735–736.
17. Haffejee, IE, Moosa, A. Rotavirus studies in Indian (Asian) South African infants with acute gastroenteritis: I. Microbiological and epidemiological aspects. Annals of Tropical Paediatrics 1990; 10: 165–172.