1. Menzies, D, Joshi, R, Pai, M. Risk of tuberculosis infection and disease associated with work in health care settings. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2007; 11: 593–605.
2. Huebner, RE, Schein, MF, Bass, JB Jr.. The tuberculin skin test. Clinical Infectious Diseases 1993; 17: 968–975.
3. Lalvani, A. Diagnosing tuberculosis infection in the 21st century: new tools to tackle an old enemy. Chest 2007; 131: 1898–1906.
4. Rothel, JS, Andersen, P. Diagnosis of latent Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection: is the demise of the Mantoux test imminent? Expert Review of Anti-infective Therapy 2005; 3: 981–993.
5. Jensen, PA, et al. Guidelines for preventing the transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in Health-Care Settings. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 2005: 54(RR17); 1–141.
6. Committee for Prevention of Tuberculosis, Japan Tuberculosis Society. Guidelines for the use of QFT-Gold. Kekkaku 2006; 81: 393–397.
7. Harada, N, et al. Screening for tuberculosis infection using whole-blood interferon-γ and Mantoux testing among Japanese healthcare workers. Infection Control and Hospital Epidemiology 2006; 27: 442–448.
8. Kimura, M, Comstock, GW, Mori, T. Comparison of erythema and induration as results of tuberculin tests. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2005; 9: 853–857.
9. TB Infection-Control Guidelines Work Group (CDC). Guidelines for preventing the transmission of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in health-care facilities, 1994. Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 1994; 43(RR13): 1–132.
10. Aoki, M. Toward tuberculosis elimination, the strategy for tuberculosis control for the new century. Kekkaku 2001; 76: 549–557.
11. Ohmori, M, et al. Current epidemiological situation of tuberculosis in the workplace: considering the risk of tuberculosis among nurses. Kekkaku 2007; 82: 85–93.
12. Pai, M, et al. Serial testing of health care workers for tuberculosis using interferon-γ assay. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2006; 174: 349–355.
13. Ewer, K, et al. Dynamic antigen-specific T-cell responses after point-source exposure to Mycobacterium tuberculosis. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2006; 174: 831–839.
14. Hill, PC, et al. Longitudinal assessment of an ELISPOT test for Mycobacterium tuberculosis infection. PLoS Medicine 2007; 4: e192.
15. Franken, WP, et al. Follow-up study of tuberculosis-exposed supermarket customers with negative tuberculin skin test results in association with positive gamma interferon release assay results. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology 2007; 14: 1239–1241.
16. Perry, S, et al. Reproducibility of QuantiFERON-TB gold in-tube assay. Clinical and Vaccine Immunology 2008; 15: 425–432.
17. Veerapathran, A, et al. T-cell assays for tuberculosis infection: deriving cut-offs for conversions using reproducibility data. PLoS ONE 2008; 3: e1850.
18. Andersen, P, et al. The prognosis of latent tuberculosis: can disease be predicted? Trends in Molecular Medicine 2007; 13: 175–182.
19. Mori, T, et al. Waning of the specific interferon-gamma response after years of tuberculosis infection. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2007; 11: 1021–1025.
20. Diel, R, et al. A predictive value of a whole blood IFN-γ assay for the development of active tuberculosis disease after recent infection with Mycobacterium tuberculosis. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine 2008; 177: 1164–1170.
21. Higuchi, K, et al. Relationship between whole-blood interferon-gamma responses and the risk of active tuberculosis. Tuberculosis 2008; 88: 244–248.
22. Pai, M, et al. T-cell assay conversions and reversions among household contacts of tuberculosis patients in rural India. International Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease 2009; 13: 84–92.
23. Harada, N, et al. Basic characteristics of a novel diagnostic method (QuantiFERON TB-2G) for latent tuberculosis infection with the use of Mycobacterium tuberculosis-specific antigens, ESAT-6 and CFP-10. Kekkaku 2004; 79: 725–735.
24. Harada, N, et al. Comparison of the sensitivity and specificity of two whole blood interferon-gamma assays for M. tuberculosis infection. Journal of Infection 2008; 56: 348–353.