1. Mele, A, et al. Incidence and risk factors for Hepatitis A in Italy: public health indications from a 10-year surveillance. SEIEVA Collaborating Group. Journal of Hepatology 1997; 26: 743–747.
3. Lopalco, P, et al. Hepatitis A and B in children and adolescent – can we learn from Puglia (Italy) and Catalonia (Spain)? Vaccine 2001; 19: 470–474.
4. Parry, JV, et al. Diagnosis of hepatitis A and B by testing saliva. Journal of Medical Virology 1989; 28: 255–260.
5. De Paula, VS, et al. Characterization of hepatitis A virus isolates from subgenotypes IA and IB in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. Journal of Medical Virology 2002; 66: 22–27.
6. De Medici, D, et al. Closed-circuit system for the depuration of mussels experimentally contaminated with hepatitis A virus. Journal of Food Protection 2001; 64: 877–880.
7. Richards, GP. Limitations of molecular biological techniques for assessing the virological safety of foods. Journal of Food Protection 1999; 62: 691–697.
8. Lees, D. Virus and bivalve shellfish. International Journal of Food Microbiology 2000; 59: 81–116.
9. Malfait, P, et al. An outbreak of hepatitis A in Puglia, Italy, 1996. Eurosurveillance 1996; 1: 33–35.
10. Lopalco, PL, et al. A persisting outbreak of hepatitis A in Puglia, Italy, 1996. Eurosurveillance 1997; 2: 31–32.
11. Chironna, M, et al. Outbreak of infection with hepatitis A virus (HAV) associated with a foodhandler and confirmed by sequence analysis reveals a new HAV genotype 1B variant. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2004; 42: 2825–2828.
12. Costa-Mattioli, M, et al. Genetic analysis of hepatitis A outbreak in France confirms the co-circulation of subgentypes Ia, Ib and reveals a new genetic lineage. Journal of Medical Virology 2001; 65: 233–240.
13. Mele, A, et al. Epidemiology of acute viral hepatitis: twenty years of surveillance through SEIEVA in Italy and a review of the literature. Rapporti ISTISAN: 06/12 2006; v: 30.
14. ACIP. Prevention of Hepatitis A through active or passive immunization: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practice (ACIP). Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report 2006; 55: 1–23.
15. Sagliocca, L, et al. Efficacy of hepatitis A vaccine in prevention of secondary hepatitis A infection: a randomised trial. Lancet 1999; 53: 1136–1139.