1. Braun, JJ, et al. Community-acquired pneumonia: pathogens and course in patients admitted to a general hospital [in Dutch]. Nederlands Tijdschrift voor Geneeskunde 2004; 148: 836–840.
2. Sopena, N, et al. Prospective study of community-acquired pneumonia of bacterial etiology in adults. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases 1999; 18: 852–858.
3. Bhopal, RS. Geographical variation of Legionnaires' disease: a critique and guide to future research. International Journal of Epidemiology 1993; 22: 1127–1136.
4. Marston, BJ, Lipman, HB, Breiman, RF. Surveillance for Legionnaires' disease. Risk factors for morbidity and mortality. Archives of Internal Medicine 1994; 154: 2417–2422.
5. Rudbeck, M, Molbak, K, Uldum, S. High prevalence of antibodies to Legionella spp. in Danish blood donors. A study in areas with high and average incidence of Legionnaires' disease. Epidemiology and Infection 2008; 136: 257–262.
6. Wilkinson, HW, Fikes, BJ, Cruce, DD. Indirect immunofluorescence test for serodiagnosis of Legionnaires disease: evidence for serogroup diversity of Legionnaires disease bacterial antigens and for multiple specificity of human antibodies. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 1979; 9: 379–383.
7. Bangsborg, JM, et al. The E. coli immunosorbent as used in serodiagnosis of Legionella infections studied by crossed immunoelectrophoresis. APMIS 1988; 96: 177–184.
8. Boshuizen, HC, et al. Subclinical Legionella infection in workers near the source of a large outbreak of Legionnaires disease. Journal of Infectious Diseases 2001; 184: 515–518.
9. Saravolatz, L, et al. Prevalence of antibody to the Legionnaires' disease bacterium in hospital employees. Annals of Internal Medicine 1979; 90: 601–603.
10. O'Brien, SJ, Bhopal, RS. Legionnaires' disease: the infective dose paradox. Lancet 1993; 342: 5–6.
11. Greig, JE, et al. An outbreak of Legionnaires' disease at the Melbourne Aquarium, April 2000: investigation and case-control studies. Medical Journal of Australia 2004; 180: 566–572.
12. Brown, CM, et al. A community outbreak of Legionnaires' disease linked to hospital cooling towers: an epidemiological method to calculate dose of exposure. International Journal of Epidemiology 1999; 28: 353–359.
13. Den Boer, JW, et al. A large outbreak of Legionnaires' disease at a flower show, the Netherlands, 1999. Emerging Infectious Diseases 2002; 8: 37–43.
14. Jeppesen, VF, et al. Occurrence of Legionella – risk analysis. Miljøprojekt no. 897, 1–49 [in Danish]. Department of the Environment. The Danish Ministry of the Environment, 2004.
15. Brydov, P, et al. Content of Legionella in hot water systems. Identification and risk analysis [in Danish]. Department of the Environment. The Danish Ministry of the Environment, 2001.
16. Straus, WL, et al. Risk factors for domestic acquisition of legionnaires disease. Ohio Legionnaires Disease Group. Archives of Internal Medicine 1996; 156: 1685–1692.
17. Uldum, S, Krause, T. Legionella pneumonia. No. 36, 1–2, Epi-News, Statens Serum Institut, 2006.
18. Den Boer, JW, Nijhof, J, Friesema, I. Risk factors for sporadic community-acquired Legionnaires' disease. A 3-year national case-control study. Public Health 2006; 120: 566–571.