1. Tenover, FC. DNA hybridization techniques and their application to the diagnosis of infectious diseases. Infectious Diseases Clinic of North America 1993; 7: 171–181.
2. Vesikari, T, et al. Rhesus Rotavirus candidate vaccine. Clinical trial in children vaccinated between 2 and 5 months of age. American Journal of Diseases of Children 1990; 144: 285–289.
3. O'Neill, HJ, et al. Clinical utility of nested multiplex RT-PCR for group F adenovirus, rotavirus and norwalk-like viruses in acute viral gastroenteritis in children and adults. Journal of Clinical Virology 2002; 25: 335–343.
4. Akalu, A, et al. Rapid identification of subgenera of human adenovirus by serological and PCR assays. Journal of Virological Methods 1998; 71: 187–196.
5. Phan, TG, et al. Etiologic agents of acute gastroenteritis among Japanese infants and children: virus diversity and genetic analysis of sapovirus. Archives of Virology 2005; 150: 1415–1424.
6. Chen, SM, et al. Microbial etiology of acute gastroenteritis in hospitalized children in Taiwan. Journal of the Formosan Medical Association 2006; 105: 964–970.
7. Colomba, C, et al. Viral gastroenteritis in children hospitalised in Sicily, Italy. European Journal of Clinical Microbiology & Infectious Diseases 2006; 25: 570–575.
8. Uhnoo, I, et al. Aetiology and epidemiology of acute gastro-enteritis in Swedish children. Journal of Infection 1986; 13: 73–89.
9. Hori, H, et al. Enteric pathogens in severe forms of acute gastroenteritis in Ghanaian children. Acta Paediatrica Japonica 1996; 38: 672–676.
10. Uhnoo, I, Olding-Stenkvist, E, Kreuger, A. Clinical features of acute gastroenteritis associated with rotavirus, enteric adenoviruses, and bacteria. Archives of Diseases in Childhood 1986; 61: 732–738.
11. Chen, SY, et al. Molecular epidemiology and clinical manifestations of viral gastroenteritis in hospitalized pediatric patients in northern Taiwan. Journal of Clinical Microbiology 2007; 45: 2054–2057.
12. Hall, GV, et al. Frequency of infectious gastrointestinal illness in Australia, 2002: regional, seasonal and demographic variation. Epidemiology and Infection 2006; 134: 111–118.
13. Koopmans, M, Van Asperen, I. Epidemiology of rotavirus infections in The Netherlands. Acta Paediatrica (Suppl.) 1999; 88: 31–37.
14. Vesikari, T, et al. Safety and efficacy of a pentavalent human-bovine (WC3) reassortant rotavirus vaccine. New England Journal of Medicine 2006; 354: 23–33.
15. Ruiz-Palacios, GM, et al. Safety and efficacy of an attenuated vaccine against severe rotavirus gastroenteritis. New England Journal of Medicine 2006; 354: 11–22.