1. Jessica Silver-Greenberg and Robert Gebeloff, “Arbitration Everywhere, Stacking the Deck of Justice,” New York Times, October 31, 2015; Jessica Silver-Greenberg and Robert Gebeloff, “In Arbitration, a ‘Privatization of the Justice System,’” New York Times, November 1, 2015.
2. Robert Hale, “Coercion and Distribution in a Supposedly Non-Coercive State,” Political Science Quarterly 38, no. 3 (1923): 470–494.
3. See William Novak, “Public-Private Governance: A Historical Introduction,” in Jody Freeman and Martha Minnow, eds., Government by Contract: Outsourcing and American Democracy (Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2009).
4. See Jürgen Habermas, The Structural Transformation of the Public Sphere (Cambridge, MA: MIT Press, 1991).
5. Bruce Carruthers, City of Capital: Politics and Markets in the English Financial Revolution (Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press, 1996).
Recommend this journal
Email your librarian or administrator to recommend adding this journal to your organisation's collection.