1. World Health Organization. World report on disability. World Health Organization; 2011.
2. Stough, LM, Kang, D. The Sendai framework for disaster risk reduction and persons with disabilities. Int J Disaster Risk Sci. 2015;6:140-149.
3. Hemingway, L, Priestley, M. Natural hazards, human vulnerability and disabling societies: a disaster for disabled people? Rev Disabil Stud. 2014;2:57-68.
4. Dixon, DR, Bergstrom, R, Smith, MN, et al. A review of research on procedures for teaching safety skills to persons with developmental disabilities. Res Dev Disabil. 2010;31:985-994.
5. Jaeger, G, Röjvik, A, Berglund, B. Participation in society for people with a rare diagnosis. Disabil Health J. 2015;8:44-50.
6. Wolf-Fordham, SB, Twyman, JS, Hamad, CD. Educating first responders to provide emergency services to individuals with disabilities. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2014;8:533-540.
7. Boroschek, R, Retamales, R. Guidelines for vulnerability reduction in the design of new health facilities. Washington, DC: PAHO/World Bank; 2004.
8. Twigg, J, Kett, M, Bottomley, H, et al. Disability and public shelter in emergencies. Environ Hazards. 2011;10:248-261.
9. Uscher-Pines, L, Hausman, AJ, Powell, S, et al. Disaster preparedness of households with special needs in southeastern Pennsylvania. Am J Prev Med. 2009;37:227-230.
10. Rathore, FA, Farooq, F, Muzammil, S, et al. Spinal cord injury management and rehabilitation: highlights and shortcomings from the 2005 earthquake in Pakistan. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2008;89:579-585.
11. Putkovich, K. Emergency warning for people with disabilities. J Emerg Manag. 2013;11:189-200.
12. Wolbring, G. Disability, displacement and public health: a vision for Haiti. Can J Public Health. 2011;102:157-159.
14. United Nations General Assembly. Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities: resolution/adopted by the General Assembly. A/RES/61/106. 2007. http://www.un-documents.net/a61r106.htm. Accessed September 12, 2017.
15. Ha, KM. Inclusion of people with disabilities, their needs and participation, into disaster management: a comparative perspective. Environ Hazards. 2016;15:1-15.
16. Tsang, HH, Wenzel, F. Setting structural safety requirement for controlling earthquake mortality risk. Saf Sci. 2016;86:174-183.
17. Phibbs, S, Good, G, Severinsen, C, et al. Emergency preparedness and perceptions of vulnerability among disabled people following the Christchurch earthquakes: applying lessons learnt to the Hyogo Framework for Action. AJDTS, IRDR Conf. 2015;19:37-46.
18. Stough, LM, Sharp, AN, Resch, JA, et al. Barriers to the long-term recovery of individuals with disabilities following a disaster. Disasters. 2016;40:387-410.
19. Statistical Centre of Iran. General results of Iran census 2011: population and housing. Iran; 2011.
20. Djalali, A, Khankeh, H, Öhlén, G, et al. Facilitators and obstacles in pre-hospital medical response to earthquakes: a qualitative study. Scand J Trauma Resusc Emerg Med. 2011;19:30.
21. Pakjouei, S, Vameghi, R, Dejman, M, et al. Satisfaction and related factors among the service users of private rehabilitation centers. Iran Rehabil J. 2014;12:35-42.
22. Pope, C, Ziebland, S, Mays, N. Analysing qualitative data, 3rd ed. Oxford: Blackwell; 2006.
23. Zaletel-Kragelj, L, Bozikov, J. Methods and tools in public health. A handbook for teachers, researchers and health professionals. Lage: Hans Jacobs Publishing Company; 2010.
25. Creswell, JW. Qualitative inquiry& research design choosing among five approaches, 2nd ed. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications; 2007.
26. Speziale, HS, Streubert, HJ, Carpenter, DR. Qualitative research in nursing: advancing the humanistic imperative. London: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2011.
27. Abbasi Dolatabadi, Z, Seyedin, H, Aryankhesal, A. Policies on protecting vulnerable people during disasters in Iran: a document analysis. Trauma Mon. 2016;21:e31341, 1-6. doi: 10.5812/traumamon.31341.
28. Jain, SK. Earthquake safety in India: achievements, challenges and opportunities. Bull Earthquake Eng. 2016;14:1337-1436.
29. McClure, LA, Boninger, ML, Oyster, ML, et al. Emergency evacuation readiness of full-time wheelchair users with spinal cord injury. Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2011;92:491-498.
30. Rooney, C, White, GW. Consumer perspective narrative analysis of a disaster preparedness and emergency response survey from persons with mobility impairments. J Disabil Policy Stud. 2007;17:206-215.
31. Mitchell, D, Karr, V. Crises, conflict and disability: ensuring equality. New York: Routledge; 2014.
32. World Health Organization. Guidance note on disability and emergency risk management for health. Geneva: World Health Organization.