1. Valerio, A, Verzè, M, Marchiori, F, et al. Managing a mass CO poisoning: critical issues and solutions from the field to the hyperbaric chamber. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2017;11(2):251-255. doi: 10.1017/dmp.2016.
2. Mortelmans, LJ, Populaire, J, Desruelles, D, et al. Mass carbon monoxide poisoning at an ice-hockey game: initial approach and long-term follow-up. Eur J Emerg Med. 2013;20(6):408-412. https://doi.org/10.1097/MEJ.0b013e32835d1dcc.
6. Ely, EW, Moorehead, B, Haponik, EF. Warehouse workers’ headache: emergency evaluation and management of 30 patients with carbon monoxide poisoning. Am J Med. 1995;98(2):145-155. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0002-9343(99)80398-2.
10. Buckley, NA, Juurlink, DN, Isbister, G, et al. Hyperbaric oxygen for carbon monoxide poisoning. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2011;4:CD002041.
11. Carron, PN, Reigner, P, Vallotton, L, et al. Implementation of a medical command and control team in Switzerland. Disasters. 2014;38(2):434-450. https://doi.org/10.1111/disa.12043.
12. Hampson, NB, Dunn, SL. UHMCS/CDC CO poisoning surveillance group. Symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning do not correlate with the initial carboxyhemoglobin level. Undersea Hyperb Med. 2012;39:657-665.
13. Hampson, NB, Piantadosi, CA, Thom, SR, et al. Practice recommendations in the diagnosis, management, and prevention of carbon monoxide poisoning. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2012;186(11):1095-1101. https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201207-1284CI.
14. Roth, D, Bayer, A, Schrattenbacher, G, et al. Exposure to carbon monoxide for patients and providers in an urban emergency medical service. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2013;17(3):354-360. https://doi.org/10.3109/10903127.2012.761306.
15. Risavi, BL, Wadas, RJ Jr, Thomas, C, et al. A novel method for continuous environmental surveillance for carbon monoxide exposure to protect emergency medical service providers and patients. J Emerg Med. 2013;44(3):637-640. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2012.02.034.
17. Nilson, D, Partridge, R, Suner, S, et al. Non-invasive carboxyhemoglobin monitoring: screening emergency medical services patients for carbon monoxide exposure. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2010;25(03):253-256. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1049023X00008128.
18. Henz, S, Maeder, M. Prospective study of accidental carbon monoxide poisoning in 38 Swiss soldiers. Swiss Med Wkly. 2005;135:398-408.
20. Wolf, SJ, Maloney, GE, Shih, RD, et al; American College of Emergency Physicians Clinical Policies Subcommittee (Writing Committee) on Carbon Monoxide Poisoning. Wolf, SJ, Maloney, GE, Shih, RD, Shy, BD, Brown, MD. Clinical policy: critical issues in the evaluation and management of adult patients presenting to the emergency department with acute carbon monoxide poisoning. Ann Emerg Med. 2017;69(1):98-107.e6. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2016.11.003.
22. Roth, D, Herkner, H, Schreiber, W, et al. Accuracy of noninvasive multiwave pulse oximetry compared with carboxyhemoglobin from blood gas analysis in unselected emergency department patients. Ann Emerg Med. 2011;58(1):74-79. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.annemergmed.2010.12.024.
23. Suner, S, Partridge, R, Sucov, A, et al. Non-invasive pulse CO-oximetry screening in the emergency department identifies occult carbon monoxide toxicity. J Emerg Med. 2008;34(4):441-450. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jemermed.2007.12.004.
24. Sebbane, M, Claret, PG, Mercier, G, et al. Emergency department management of suspected carbon monoxide poisoning: role of pulse CO-oximetry. Respir Care. 2013;58(10):1614-1620. https://doi.org/10.4187/respcare.02313.
26. Bledsoe, BE, Nowicki, K, Creel, JH Jr, et al. Use of pulse co-oximetry as a screening and monitoring tool in mass carbon monoxide poisoning. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2010;14(1):131-133. https://doi.org/10.3109/10903120903349853.
27. Lapostolle, F, Raynaud, PJ, Le Toumelin, P, et al. Measurement of carbon monoxide in expired breath in prehospital management of carbon monoxide intoxication [in French]. Ann Fr Anesth Reanim. 2001;20:10-15. https://doi.org/10.1016/S0750-7658(00)00340-3.
28. Clarke, SF, Stephens, C, Farhan, M, et al. Multiple patients with carbon monoxide toxicity from water-pipe smoking. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2012;27(06):612-614. https://doi.org/10.1017/S1049023X12001227.
29. Rose, JJ, Wang, L, Xu, Q, et al. Carbon monoxide poisoning: pathogenesis, management and future directions of therapy [published online October 18, 2016]. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. doi: https://doi.org/10.1164/rccm.201606-1275CI.