3. Guha-Sapir, D, Hoyois, P, Below, R. Centre for Research on the Epidemiology of Disasters, Institute of Health and Society, Universite catholique de Louvain. Annual disaster statistical review 2015: the numbers and trends. http://www.cred.be/sites/default/files/ADSR_2015.pdf. Published October 2016. Accessed June 27, 2017.
4. Gursky, EA, Bice, G. Assessing a decade of public health preparedness: progress on the precipice? Biosecur Bioterror. 2012;10(1):55.
7. Atack, L, Parker, K, Rocchi, M, Maher, J, Dryden, T. The impact of an online interprofessional course in disaster management competency and attitude towards interprofessional learning. J Interprof Care. 2009;23(6):586-598.
8. Austin, EN, Bastepe-Gray, S, Nelson, HW, et al. Pediatric mass-casualty education: experiential learning through university-sponsored disaster simulation. J Emerg Nurs. 2014;40(5):428-433.
9. Colleran-Santos, C, Toronto, CE. Innovative teaching method in emergency response education of undergraduate nursing students. J Nurs Educ. 2014;53(8):483.
10. Hutchinson, SW, Haynes, S, Parker, P, Dennis, B, McLin, C, Welldaregay, W. Implementing a multidisciplinary disaster simulation for undergraduate nursing students. Nurs Educ Perspect. 2011;32(4):240. (report)
11. Zapko, KA, Ferranto, ML, Brady, C, et al. Interdisciplinary disaster drill simulation: laying the groundwork for further research. Nurs Educ Perspect. 2015;36(6):379. (report).
12. Jacobson, HE, Soto Mas, F, Hsu, CE, Turley, JP, Miller, J, Kim, M. Self‐assessed emergency readiness and training needs of nurses in rural Texas. Public Health Nurs. 2010;27(1):41-48.
13. Whetzel, E, Walker-Cillo, G, Chan, GK, Trivett, J. Emergency nurse perceptions of individual and facility emergency preparedness. J Emerg Nurs. 2013;39(1):46.
14. Veenema, TG, Griffin, A, Gable, AR, et al. Nurses as leaders in disaster preparedness and Response—A call to action. J Nurs Scholarsh. 2016;48(2):187-200.
15. Jose, MM, Dufrene, C. Educational competencies and technologies for disaster preparedness in undergraduate nursing education: an integrative review. Nurse Educ Today. 2014;34(4):543-551.
20. Singleton, C, DeBastiani, S, Rose, D, Kahn, EB. An analysis of root cause identification and continuous quality improvement in public health H1N1 after-action reports. J Public Health Manag Pract. 2014;20(2):197. (report)
22. Cohen, J. A power primer. Psychol Bull. 1992;112(1):155-159.
23. Chan, SSS, Chan, W, Cheng, Y, et al. Development and evaluation of an undergraduate training course for developing international council of nurses disaster nursing competencies in china. J Nurs Scholarsh. 2010;42(4):405-413.
24. Kaplan, BG, Connor, A, Ferranti, EP, Holmes, L, Spencer, L. Use of an emergency preparedness disaster simulation with undergraduate nursing students. Public Health Nurs. 2012;29(1):44-51.
25. Flanagan, NA, McCausland, L. Teaching around the cycle: strategies for teaching theory to undergraduate nursing students. Nurs Educ Perspect. 2007;28(6):310-314.
26. Bastable, SB. Nurse as Educator: Principles of Teaching and Learning for Nursing Practice. 3rd ed. Sudbury, MA: Jones and Bartlett; 2008.
27. Billings, DM, Halstead, J. Teaching in Nursing: A Guide for Faculty. 4th ed. St Louis, MO: Elsevier; 2012.
28. Baack, S, Alfred, D. Nurses’ preparedness and perceived competence in managing disasters. J Nurs Scholarsh. 2013;45(3):281-287.
29. Maran, N, Glavin, R. Low- to high-fidelity simulation – a continuum of medical education? Med Educ. 2003;37:22-28.
30. Barnett, DJ, Thompson, CB, Errett, NA, et al. Determinants of emergency response willingness in the local public health workforce by jurisdictional and scenario patterns: a cross-sectional survey. BMC Public Health. 2012;12:164. (research article)
31. Ranse, J, Jeeawody, B, Hutton, A, Wilson, R. What are the research needs for the field of disaster nursing? An International Delphi Study. Prehosp Disaster Med. 2014.
32. Turale, S. Nursing education: preparing for the inevitability of disasters and emergencies. Nurse Educ Pract. 2015;15(1):52-52.
33. Alfred, D, Chilton, J, Connor, D, et al. Preparing for disasters: education and management strategies explored. Nurse Educ Pract. 2015;15(1):82-89.
34. Culley, JM. The role of the medical reserve corps in nursing education. J Nurs Educ. 2010;49(12):708.
35. Foronda, CL, Shubeck, K, Swoboda, SM, et al. Impact of virtual simulation to teach concepts of disaster triage. Clin Simul Nurs. 2016;12(4):137-144.
36. El-Deirawi, K, Zuraikat, N. Registered nurses’ actual and perceived knowledge of diabetes mellitus. J Nurses Staff Dev. 2001;17(1):5.
37. DeBastiani, SD, Strine, TW, Vagi, SJ, Barnett, DJ, Kahn, EB. Preparedness perceptions, sociodemographic characteristics, and level of household preparedness for public health emergencies: behavioral risk factor surveillance system, 2006-2010. Health Secur. 2015;13(5):317.