1. Quarantelli, EL (ed.). Where we have been and where we might go. In: What is a Disaster? A Dozen Perspectives on the Question (1st ed.). London: Routledge; 1998.
2. Wisner, B, Blaikie, P, Cannon, T, et al. At Risk – Natural Hazards, People’s Vulnerability and Disasters (2nd ed.). Wiltshire, United Kingdom: Routledge; 2003.
4. Shan, XZ. Analysis of the causes of death in Hua county earthquake in 1556 [in Chinese]. Disasters. 1988;12:94-96.
5. Sheng, ZY. Medical support in the Tangshan earthquake: a review of the management of mass casualties and certain major injuries. J Trauma. 1987;27(10):1130-1135.
6. Zhang, L, Liu, X, Li, Y, et al. Emergency medical rescue efforts after a major earthquake: lessons from the 2008 Wenchuan earthquake. Lancet. 2012;379(9818):853-861.
7. Liu, X, Liu, Y, Zhang, L, et al. Mass aeromedical evacuation of patients in an emergency: experience following the 2010 Yushu earthquake. J Emerg Med. 2013;45(6):865-871.
8. Ciottone, G. Disaster Medicine. Philadelphia: Elsevier; 2006.
9. United Press. Hard role for doctor seen in atomic war. Reno Evening Gazette. November 10, 1955:30.
10. Jia, N, Feng, D, Fang, LQ, et al. Case fatality of SARS in mainland China and associated risk factors. Trop Med Int Health. 2009;14(suppl 1):21-27.
11. State Council of the People’s Republic of China. Total emergency planning responding to national emergency incidents. Published in 2005.
13. Hong, Yi (ed.). China Emergency Management Report (2012). Beijing: Chinese Academy of Governance Press; 2012:5-11.
14. Huang, B, Li, J, Li, Y, et al. Need for continual education about disaster medicine for health professionals in China—a pilot study. BMC Public Health. 2011;11:89.
15. Hou, SK. Current situation and thinking of the construction of disaster medical rescue teams in China [in Chinese]. Shanhai Medicine. 2012;7:565-568.
16. Hou, SK, Yang, Y, Yang, J, et al. Discuss of disaster emergency rescue by experience of Chinese International Search and Rescue Team [in Chinese]. Hosp Admin J Chin PLA. 2008;15:1019-1021.
17. Fan, HJ, Hou, SK, Zhang, HY, et al. Experience of Chinese International Search and Rescue Team in various overseas earthquake relief works [in Chinese]. Chin Personal Pretec Equip. 2008;3:10-12.
18. Fan, HJ, Fan, B, Hou, SK, et al. Modular Allocation Study of Armed Police Force National Medical Rescue Team [in Chinese]. Chinese Medical Equipment Journal. 2012;33(3):74-78.
19. Lei, Z, Haitao, G, Xin, W, et al. Retrospective on the construction and practice of a state-level emergency medical rescue team. Disaster Med Public Health Prep. 2014;8(5):422-425.
20. North, CS, Pfefferbaum, B. Mental health response to community disasters: a systematic review. JAMA. 2013;310(5):507-518.
21. Li, R, Pei, B, Shen, L, et al. The principle of the construction for emergency medical rescue [in Chinese] People’s Military Surgeon. 2010;53(12):959-960.