1. Rowland, AS, Lesesne, CA, Abramowitz, AJ. The epidemiology of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder (ADHD): a public health view. Ment Retard Dev Disabil Res Rev. 2002;8(3):162–170.
2. Dulcan, M.Practice parameters for the assessment and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1997;36(10 suppl):85S–121S.
3. Biederman, J, Faraone, S, Milberger, S, et al. Predictors of persistence and remission of ADHD into adolescence: results from a four-year prospective follow-up study. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1996;35(3):343–351.
4. Kessler, RC.Prevalence of adult ADHD in the United States: results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication (NCS-R). Presentation at: 157th Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association; May 1-6,2004; New York, NY.
5. Faraone, SV, Biederman, J, Spencer, T, et al. Dose-response efficacy of mixed amphetamine salts XR in adults with ADHD. Poster presented at: 157th Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association; May 1-6, 2004; New York, NY.
7. Biederman, J, Faraone, SV, Monuteaux, MC, Bober, M, Cadogen, E.Gender effects on attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in adults, revisited. Biol Psychiatry. 2004;55(7):692–700.
8. Barkley, RA.Major life activity and health outcomes associated with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. J Clin Psychiatry. 2002;63(suppl 12):10–15.
9. Montano, B.Diagnosis and treatment of ADHD in adults in primary care. J Clin Psychiatry. 2004;65(suppl 3):18–21.
10. Beck, C, Silverstone, P, Glor, K, et al. Psychostimulant prescriptions by psychiatrists higher than expected: a self-report survey. Can J Psychiatry. 1999;44(7):680–684.
11. Spencer, T, Wilens, T, Biederman, J, Faraone, SV, Ablon, JS, Lapey, K.A double-blind, crossover comparison of methyiphenidate and placebo in adults with childhood-onset attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder. Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1995;52(6):434–443.
12. Wilens, TE, Biederman, J, Spencer, TJ, et al. Controlled trial of high doses of pemoline for adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder. J Clin Psychopharmacol 1999;19(3):257–264.
13. Spencer, T, Biederman, J, Wilens, T, et al. Efficacy of a mixed amphetamine salts compound in adults with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2001;58(8):775–782.
14. Weisler, RH, Biederman, J, Spencer, T, et al. Adderall XR dosed once daily in adult patients with ADHD. Presentation at: the 156th Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association; May 20, 2003; San Francisco, CA.
15. Biederman, J.Mixed amphetamine salts XR in adults with ADHD: 18-month interim analysis. Presented at: 157th Annual Meeting of the American Psychiatric Association; May 1-6, 2004; New York, NY.
16. Biederman, J, Mick, E, Faraone, SV.Age dependent decline of ADHD symptoms revisited: impact of remission definition and symptom type. Am J Psychiatry. 2000;157(5):816–818.
17. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual far Mental Disorders. 4th ed text rev. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Association; 2000.
18. DuPaul, GJ, Power, T, Anastopoulos, A, Reed, R.The ADHD Rating Scale-IV Checklist, Norms and Clinical Interpretation. New York, NY; Guilford Press; 1998.
19. Jenkinson, C, Stewart-Brown, S, Petersen, S, Paice, C.Assessment of the SF-36 version 2 in the United Kingdom. J Epidemiol Community Health. 1999;53(1):46–50.
20. Jensen, P.Longer term effects of stimulant treatments for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder.) Atten Disord. 2002;6(suppl 1):S45–S56.
21. Wilens, T, Pelham, W, Stein, M, et al. ADHD treatment with once-daily OROS methylphenidate: interim 12-month results from a long-term open-label study. J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2003;42(4):424–433.