1. Clauss, SB, Anderson, JB, Lannon, C, et al. Quality improvement through collaboration: the National Pediatric Quality improvement Collaborative initiative. Curr Opin Pediatr 2015; 27: 555–562.
2. Gaies, M, Cooper, DS, Tabbutt, S, et al. Collaborative quality improvement in the cardiac intensive care unit: development of the Paediatric Cardiac Critical Care Consortium (PC4). Cardiol Young 2015; 25: 951–957, doi: 10.1017/S1047951114001450.
3. Cevallos, PC, Rose, MJ, Armsby, LB, et al. Implementation of methodology for quality improvement in pediatric cardiac catheterization: a multi-center initiative by the congenital cardiac catheterization project on outcomes—quality improvement (C3PO-QI). Pediatr Cardiol 2016; 37: 1436–1445.
4. Martin, GR, Beekman, RH, Ing, FF, et al. The IMPACT registry™: improving pediatric and adult congenital treatments. In: Seminars in Thoracic & Cardiovascular Surgery: Pediatric Cardiac Surgery Annual. Elsevier, 2010; Vol. 13, No. 1, pp. 20–25.
5. Jenkins, KJ, Castañeda, AR, Cherian, KM, et al. Reducing mortality and infections after congenital heart surgery in the developing world. Pediatrics 2014; 134: e1422–e1430.
6. Martin, GR, Mitchell, S, Beekman, RH, et al. The adult congenital and pediatric cardiology section: increasing the opportunities for the congenital heart disease community within the American College of Cardiology. J Am Coll Cardiol 2012; 59: 84–87.
7. Chowdhury, D, Gurvitz, M, Marelli, A, et al. Development of quality metrics in ambulatory pediatric cardiology. J Am Coll Cardiol 2017; 69: 541–555.
8. Reinertsen, JL, Gosfield, AG, Rupp, W, Whittington, JW. Engaging physicians in a shared quality agenda. IHI Innovation Series white paper. Cambridge, MA: Institute for Healthcare Improvement, 2007.
10. Kuczmarski, RJ, Ogden, CL, Guo, SS, et al. 2000 CDC growth charts for the United States: methods and development. Vital Health Stat 2002; 246: 1–190.
11. McCrindle, BW, Rowley, AH, Newburger, JW, et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: a scientific statement for health professionals from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2017; 135: e927–e999.
12. Newburger, JW, Takahashi, M, Gerber, MA, et al. Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: a statement for health professionals from the committee on rheumatic fever, endocarditis, and Kawasaki disease, Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young, American Heart Association. Pediatrics 2004; 114: 1708–1733.
13. Friedman, KG, Kane, DA, Rathod, RH, et al. Management of pediatric chest pain using a standardized assessment and management plan. Pediatrics 2011; 128: 239–245.
14. Kane, DA, Friedman, KG, Fulton, DR, Geggel, RL, Saleeb, SF. Needles in hay II: detecting cardiac pathology by the pediatric chest pain standardized clinical assessment and management plan. Congenit Heart Dis 2016; 11: 396–402.
15. Saleeb, SF, McLaughlin, SR, Graham, DA, Friedman, KG, Fulton, DR. Resource reduction in pediatric chest pain: standardized clinical assessment and management plan. Congenit Heart Dis 2018; 13: 46–51.
16. Kane, DA, Fulton, DR, Saleeb, S, Zhou, J, Lock, JE, Geggel, RL. Needles in hay: chest pain as the presenting symptom in children with serious underlying cardiac pathology. Congenit Heart Dis 2010; 5: 366–373.
17. Ogden, CL, Carroll, MD, Kit, BK, Flegal, KM. Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011–2012. JAMA. 2014; 311: 806–814.
18. Mandl, KD, Kohane, IS. Time for a patient-driven health information economy? N Engl J Med 2016; 374: 205–208.
19. Barry, MJ, Edgman-Levitan, S. Shared decision making—the pinnacle of patient-centered care. N Engl J Med 2012; 366: 780–781.
20. Kilo, CM. Improving care through collaboration. Pediatrics 1999; 103 1(suppl E): 384–393.
21. Wells, S, Tamir, O, Gray, J, Naidoo, D, Bekhit, M, Goldmann, D. Are quality improvement collaboratives effective? A systematic review. BMJ Qual Saf 2017; 0: 1–15.
22. Schouten, LM, Hulscher, ME, van Everdingen, JJ, Huijsman, R, Grol, RP. Evidence for the impact of quality improvement collaboratives: systematic review. BMJ. 2008; 336: 1491–1494.
23. Hulscher, ME, Schouten, LM, Grol, RP, Buchan, H. Determinants of success of quality improvement collaboratives: what does the literature show? BMJ Qual Saf 2013; 22: 19–31.