1. Robertson, D. The epidemic of orthostatic tachycardia and orthostatic intolerance. Am J Med Sci 1999; 317: 75–77.
2. Mar, PL, Raj, SR. Neuronal and hormonal perturbations in postural tachycardia syndrome. Front Physiol 2014; 5: 220.
4. Schondorf, R, Low, P. Idiopathic postural tachycardia syndromes. In: Low P, (ed.), Clinical Autonomic Disorders. Little, Brown and Company: Boston MA, 1993: 641–652.
5. Rowe, PC, Barron, DF, Calkins, H, Maumenee, IH, Tong, PY, Geraghty, MT. Orthostatic intolerance and chronic fatigue syndrome associated with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. J Pediatr 1999; 135: 494–499.
6. Dida, BC, Dapper, DV, Boboye, SB. Joint hypermobility syndrome among graduate students. East Afr Med J 2002; 79: 80–81.
7. Da Costa, JM. On irritable heart, a clinical study of a form of functional cardiac disorder and its consequences. Am J Med Sci 1871; 61: 18–52.
8. Kanjwal, K, Saeed, B, Karabin, B, Kanjwal, Y, Grubb, BP. Clinical presentation and management of patients with hyperadrenergic postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome: a single center experience. Cardiol J 2011; 18: 527–531.
9. Friedman, AW, Tewi, MN, Ahn, C, et al. Systemic lupus erythematosus in three ethnic groups: XV. prevalence and correlates of fibromyalgia. Lupus 2003; 12: 274–279.
10. Venkatesan, T, Sengupta, J, Lodhi, A, et al. An internet survey of marijuana and hot shower use in adults with cyclic vomiting syndrome (CVS). Exp Brain Res 2014; 232: 2563–2570.
11. Kovacic, K, Miranda, A, Chelimsky, G, Williams, S, Simpson, P, Li, BU. Chronic idiopathic nausea of childhood. J Pediatr 2014; 164: 1104–1109.
12. O’Sullivan, BP, Freedman, SD. Cystic fibrosis. Lancet 2009; 373: 1891–1904.
13. Wallace, DC. Mitochondrial DNA variation in human radiation and disease. Cell 2015; 163: 33–38.
14. Raj, SR. The Postural Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS): pathophysiology, diagnosis, and management. Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J 2006; 6: 84–99.
15. Burkhardt, BEU, Fischer, PR, Brands, CK, et al. Exercise performance in adolescents with autonomic dysfunction. J Pediatr 2011: 158–15-9.
16. Li, J, Zhang, Q, Hao, H, Jin, H, Du, J. Clinical features and management of postural tachycardia syndrome in children: a single-center experience. Chin Med J (Engl) 2014; 127: 3684–3689.
17. Gazit, Y, Nahir, AM, Grahame, R, Jacob, G. Dysautonomia in the joint hypermobility syndrome. Am J Med 2003; 115: 33–40.
18. Kanjwal, K, Karabin, B, Kanjwal, Y, Grubb, BP. Comparative clinical profile of postural orthostatic tachycardia patients with and without joint hypermobility syndrome. Indian Pacing Electrophysiol J 2010; 10: 173–178.
19. Castori, M, Tinkle, B, Levy, H, Grahame, R, Malfait, F, Hakim, A. A framework for the classification of joint hypermobility and related conditions. Am J Med Genet C Semin Med Genet 2017; 175: 148–157.
20. Henderson, FC Sr, Austin, C, Benzel, E, et al. Neurological and spinal manifestations of the Ehlers-Danlos syndromes. Am J Med Genet Part C Semin Med Genet 2017; 175: 195–211.
21. Vernino, S, Low, PA, Fealey, RD, Stewart, JD, Farrugia, G, Lennon, VA. Autoantibodies to Ganglionic Acetylcholine Receptors in Autoimmune Autonomic Neuropathies. New Engl J Med 2000; 343: 847–855.
22. Fedorowski, A, Li, H, Yu, X, et al. Antiadrenergic autoimmunity in postural tachycardia syndrome. Europace 2017; 19: 1211–1219.
23. Goryunova, AV, Bazamaya, NA, Sorokina, EG, et al. Glutamate receptor antibody concentrators in children with chronic post-traumatic headache. Neurosci Behav Physiol 2007; 37: 761–764.
24. Pianosi, PT, Goodloe, AH, Soma, D, Parker, KO, Brands, CK, Fischer, PR. High flow variant postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome amplifies the cardiac output response to exercise in adolescents. Physiol Rep 2014; 2: e12122.
25. Sheldon, RS, Grubb, BP 2nd, Olshansky, B, et al. Heart rhythm society expert consensus statement on the diagnosis and treatment of postural tachycardia syndrome, inappropriate sinus tachycardia, and vasovagal syncope. Heart Rhythm 2015; 12: e41–e63.
26. Raj, SR, Black, BK, Biaggioni, I, Harris, PA, Robertson, D. Acetylcholinesterase inhibition improves tachycardia in postural tachycardia syndrome. Circulation 2005; 111: 2734–2740.
27. Hoeldtke, RD, Bryner, KD, Hoeldtke, ME, Hobbs, G. Treatment of postural tachycardia syndrome: a comparison of octreotide and midodrine. Clin Auton Res 2006; 16: 390–395.
28. George, SA, Bivens, TB, Howden, EJ, et al. The international POTS registry: evaluating the efficacy of an exercise training intervention in a community setting. Heart Rhythm 2016; 13: 943–950.
29. Plash, WB, Diedrich, A, Biaggioni, I, et al. Diagnosing postural tachycardia syndrome: comparison of tilt testing compared with standing haemodynamics. Clin Sci (Lond) 2013; 124: 109–114.