1. Kawasaki, T, Kosaki, F, Okawa, S, Shigematsu, I, Yanagawa, H. A new infantile acute febrile mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome (MLNS) prevailing in Japan. Pediatrics 1974; 54: 271–276.
2. McCrindle, BW, Rowley, AH, Newburger, JW, et al. American Heart Association Rheumatic Fever, Endocarditis, and Kawasaki Disease Committee of the Council on Cardiovascular Disease in the Young; Council on Cardiovascular and Stroke Nursing; Council on Cardiovascular Surgery and Anesthesia; and Council on Epidemiology and Prevention. Diagnosis, treatment, and long-term management of Kawasaki disease: A scientific statement for health professionals from the American Heart Association. Circulation 2017; 135: e927–e999.
3. Suddleson, EA, Reid, B, Woolley, MM, Takahashi, M. Hydrops of the gallbladder associated with Kawasaki syndrome. J Pediatr Surg 1987; 22: 956–959.
4. McGahan, JP, Phillips, HE, Cox, KL. Sonography of the normal pediatric gallbladder and biliary tract. Radiology 1982; 144: 873–875.10.1148/radiology.144.4.7111740
5. Chen, CJ, Huang, FC, Tiao, MM, et al. Sonographic gallbladder abnormality is associated with intravenous immunoglobulin resistance in Kawasaki disease. Scientific World Journal 2012; 2012: 485758.
6. Maurer, K, Unsinn, KM, Waltner-Romen, M, Geiger, R, Gassner, I. Segmental bowel-wall thickening on abdominal ultrasonography: an additional diagnostic sign in Kawasaki disease. Pediatr Radiol 2008; 38: 1013–1016.
7. Ohshio, G, Furukawa, F, Fujiwara, H, Hamashima, Y. Hepatomegaly and splenomegaly in Kawasaki disease. Pediatr Pathol 1985; 4: 257–264.10.3109/15513818509026899
8. Cunha, BA, Pherez, FM, Alexiadis, V, Gagos, M, Strollo, S. Adult Kawasaki’s disease with myocarditis, splenomegaly, and highly elevated serum ferritin levels. Heart Lung 2010; 39: 164–172.
9. DeSanctis, JT, Connoly, SA, Bramson, RT. Effect of patient position on sonographically measured renal length in neonates, infants and children. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1998; 170: 1381–1383.
10. Rosenberg, HK, Markowitz, RI, Kolberg, H, Park, C, Hubbard, A, Bellah, RD. Normal splenic size in infants and children: sonographic measurements. AJR Am J Roentgenol 1991; 157: 119–121.
11. Kim, GB, Han, JW, Park, YW, et al. Epidemiologic features of Kawasaki disease in South Korea: data from nationwide survey, 2009–2011. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2014; 33: 24–27.
12. Kato, H, Sugimura, T, Akagi, T, et al. Long-term consequences of Kawasaki disease: a 10- to 21-year follow-up study of 594 patients. Circulation 1996; 94: 1379–1385.10.1161/01.CIR.94.6.1379
13. Parsa, SA, Khaheshi, I, Paydary, K, Haybar, H. Acute myocardial infarction in a 35-year-old man with coronary artery aneurysm most probably caused by Kawasaki disease. Asian Pac J Trop Biomed 2014; 4 (Suppl 1): S50–52.
14. Yun, SH, Yang, NR, Park, SA. Associated symptoms of Kawasaki disease. Korean Circ J 2011; 41: 394–398.
15. Chung, CJ, Rayder, S, Meyers, W, Long, J. Kawasaki disease presenting as focal colitis. Pediatr Radiol 1996; 26: 455–457.
16. Magilavy, DB, Speert, DP, Silver, TM, Sullivan, DB. Mucocutaneous lymph node syndrome: report of two cases complicated by gallbladder hydrops and diagnosed by ultrasound. Pediatrics 1978; 61: 699–702.
17. Suddleson, EA, Reid, B, Woolley, MM, Takahashi, M. Hydrops of the gallbladder associated with Kawasaki syndrome. J Pediatr Surg 1987; 22: 956–959.
18. Kim, HK, Kim, HG, Cho, SJ, Hong, YM, Sohn, S, Yoo, ES, Chung, WS, Ryu, KH. Clinical characteristics of hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis related to Kawasaki disease. Pediatr Hematol Oncol 2011; 28: 230–236.
19. Doğan, V, Karaaslan, E, Özer, S, Gümüşer, R, Yılmaz, R. Hemophagocytosis in the acute phase of fatal Kawasaki disease in a 4 month-old girl. Balkan Med J 2016; 33: 470–472.
20. Palazzi, DL, McClain, KL, Kaplan, SL. Hemophagocytic syndrome after Kawasaki disease. Pediatr Infect Dis J 2003; 22: 663–666.
21. Titze, U, Janka, G, Schneider, EM, Prall, F, Haffner, D, Classen, CF. Hemophagocytic lymphohistiocytosis and Kawasaki disease: combined manifestation and differential diagnosis. Pediatr Blood Cancer 2009; 53: 493–495.10.1002/pbc.22098
22. Matsubara, T, Ichiyama, T, Furukawa, S. Immunological profile of peripheral blood lymphocytes and monocytes/macrophages in Kawasaki disease. Clin Exp Immunol 2005; 141: 381–387.
23. Brogan, PA, Shah, V, Clarke, LA, Dillon, MJ, Klein, N. T cell activation profiles in Kawasaki syndrome. Clin Exp Immunol 2008; 151: 267–274.