1. Biteker, M. Current understanding of Kounis syndrome. Expert Rev Clin Immunol 2010; 6: 777–788.
2. Ruiz-Canela, M, Toledo, E, Clish, CB, et al. Plasma branched-chain amino acids and incident cardiovascular disease in the PREDIMED Trial. Clin Chem. 2016; 62: 582–592.
3. Shah, SH, Bain, JR, Muehlbauer, MJ, et al. Association of a peripheral blood metabolic profile with coronary artery disease and risk of subsequent cardiovascular events. Circ Cardiovasc Genet 2010; 3: 207–214.
4. Bhattacharya, S, Granger, CB, Craig, D, et al. Validation of the association between a branched chain amino acid metabolite profile and extremes of coronary artery disease in patients referred for cardiac catheterization. Atherosclerosis 2014; 232: 191–196.
5. Magnusson, M, Lewis, GD, Ericson, U, et al. A diabetes-predictive amino acid score and future cardiovascular disease. Eur Heart J 2013; 34: 1982–1989.
6. Biteker, M, Biteker, FS, Özlek, B, et al. Classification of Kounis syndrome. Int J Cardiol 2017; 247: 13.
7. Schwartz, LB, Metcalfe, DD, Miller, JS, Earl, H, Sullivan, T. Tryptase levels as an indicator of mast-cell activation in systemic anaphylaxis and mastocytosis. N Engl J Med 1987; 316: 1622–1626.
8. Grasser, EK, Miles-Chan, JL, Charrière, N, Loonam, CR, Dulloo, AG, Montani, JP. Energy drinks and their impact on the cardiovascular system: potential mechanisms. Adv Nutr 2016; 7: 950–960.
9. Mangi, MA, Rehman, H, Rafique, M, Illovsky, M. Energy drinks and the risk of cardiovascular disease: a review of current literature. Cureus 2017; 9: e1322.