1. Howard, ER, Davenport, M. Congenital extrahepatic portocaval shunts – the Abernethy malformation. J Pediatr Surg 1997; 32: 494–497.
2. Yoshidome, H, Edwards, M. An embryological perspective on congenital portacaval shunt: a rare anomaly in a patient with hepatocellular carcinoma. Am J Gastroenterol 1999; 94: 2537–2539.
3. Soni, N, Ambesh, P, Sunil, K, Jena, M. Abernethy malformation with inferior vena cava stenosis: a cryptic cause of cyanosis. Indian Heart J 2015; 67: 543–545.
4. Gupta, NA, Abramowsky, C, Pillen, T, et al. Pediatric hepatopulmonary syndrome is seen with polysplenia/interrupted inferior vena cava and without cirrhosis. Liver Transpl 2007; 13: 680–686.
5. Bercoff, E, Colin, R, Benozio, M, Janvresse, A, Berland, J, Fillastre, JP. Infrahepatic interruption of the inferior vena cava with portal continuation. Radiology 1985; 154: 771–772.
6. Le Borgne, J, Paineau, J, Hamy, A, et al. Interruption of the inferior vena cava with azygos termination associated with congenital absence of portal vein. Surg Radiol Anat 2000; 22: 197–202.
7. Bartram, U, Fischer, G, Kramer, H. Congenitally interrupted inferior vena cava without other features of the heterotaxy syndrome: report of five cases and characterization of a rare entity. Pediatr Dev Pathol 2008; 11: 266–273.
8. Doraiswamy, V, Sivakumar, K. Impact of Abernathy malformation on pulmonary circulatory hemodynamics in a univentricular heart. Ann Pediatr Cardiol 2017; 10: 90–91.
9. Bernard, O, Franchi-Abella, S, Branchereau, S, et al. Congenital portosystemic shunts in children: recognition, evaluation and management. Semin Liver Dis 2012; 32: 273–287.
10. Kuo, MD, Miller, FJ, Lavine, JE, et al. Exploiting phenotypic plasticity for the treatment of hepatopulmonary shunting in Abernethy malformation. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2010; 21: 917–922.