5. Cayten, CG, Quervalu, I, Agarwal, N. Fatality analysis reporting system demonstrates association between trauma system initiatives and decreasing death rates. J Trauma 1999;46(5):751-756.
6. Celso, B, Tepas, J, Langland-Orban, B, et al. A systematic review and meta-analysis comparing outcome of severely injured patients treated in trauma centers following the establishment of trauma systems. J Trauma 2006;60(2):371-378.
7. Cornwell, EE III, Chang, DC, Phillips, J, Campbell, KA. Enhanced trauma program commitment at a level I trauma center. Arch Surg 2003;138(8):838-843.
8. MacKenzie, EJ, Rivara, FP, Jurkovich, GJ, et al. A national evaluation of the effect of trauma-center care on mortality. N Engl J Med 2006;354(4):366-378.
9. Nathens, AB, Jurkovich, GJ, Cummings, P, Rivara, FP, Maier, RV. The effect of organized systems of trauma care on motor vehicle crash mortality. J Am Med Assoc 2000;283(15):1990-1994.
10. Nathens, AB, Jurkovich, GJ, Rivara, FP, Maier, RV. Effectiveness of state trauma systems in reducing injury-related mortality: a national evaluation. J Trauma 2000;48(1):25-31.
11. Utter, GH, Maier, R V, Rivara, FP, et al. Inclusive trauma systems: do they improve triage or outcomes of the severely injured? J Trauma 2006;60(3):529-537.
12. Mckee, JL, Roberts, DJ, van Wijngaareden-Stephens, MH, et al. The right treatment at the right time in the right place: a population-based, before-and-after study of outcomes associated with implementation of an all-inclusive trauma system in a large Canadian province. Ann Surg 2014;261(3):558-564.
22. Lavoie, A, Tsaknoas, E, Sampalis, J, Fréchette, P. Medical specialties assuming the role of trauma team leader in Canadian trauma centres. Eur J Trauma 2003;29:145-150.
23. Khetarpal, S, Steinbrunn, B, McGonigal, M, et al. Trauma faculty and trauma team activation: impact on trauma system function and patient outcome. J Trauma 1999;47(3):576-581.
24. Durham, R, Shapiro, D, Flint, L. In-house trauma attendings: is there a difference? Am J Surg 2005;190(6):984-990.
25. Green, SM. Is there evidence to support the need for routine surgeon presence on trauma patient arrival? Ann Emerg Med 2006;47(5):405-411.
26. Ahmed, JM, Tallon, JM, Petrie, DA. Trauma management outcomes associated with nonsurgeon versus surgeon trauma team leaders. Ann Emerg Med 2005;50(1):7-13.
27. Petrie, D, Lane, P, Stewart, TC. An evaluation of patient outcomes comparing trauma team activated versus trauma team not activated using TRISS analysis. J Trauma 1996;41(5):870-875.
28. Hameed, SM, Schuurman, N, Razek, T, et al. Access to trauma systems in Canada. J Trauma 2010;69(6):1350-1361.