1. Thomas, HA, Binder, LS, Chapman, DM, et al. The 2003 model of the clinical practice of emergency medicine: the 2005 update. Ann Emerg Med 2006;48:e1-e17.
3. Emergency Department Targeted Ultrasound Interest Group, Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians. Emergency department targeted ultrasound: 2006 update. CJEM 2006;8:170-171.
4. Henneberry, RJ, Hanson, A, Healey, A, et al. Use of point of care sonography by emergency physicians. CJEM 2012;14:106-112.
5. Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Objectives of training in the specialty of emergency medicine. Ottawa, ON: Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada; 2014.
6. Mackey, DS, Steiner, IP. (eds.) National guidelines: family medicine-emergency medicine residency programs. Mississauga, ON: The College of Family Physicians Canada; 2010.
7. Kim, DJ, Theoret, J, Liao, MM, et al. The current state of ultrasound training in Canadian emergency medicine programs: perspectives from program directors. Acad Emerg Med 2012;19:1073-1078.
8. Woo, MY, Nussbaum, C, Lee, AC. Emergency medicine ultrasonography: national survey of family medicine-emergency medicine program directors. Can Fam Physician 2009;55: 1010-1 e1-e4.
9. Kim, DJ, Theoret, J, Liao, MM, et al. Experience with emergency ultrasound training by Canadian emergency medicine residents. West J Emerg Med 2014;15:306.
10. Fischer, LM, Woo, MY, Lee, AC, et al. Emergency medicine point-of-care ultrasonography: a national needs assessment of competencies for general and expert practice. CJEM 2015;17:74-88.
11. Grant, J. Principles of curriculum design. In Swanwick T (ed.) Understanding medical education: evidence, theory and practice. West Sussex, UK: Wiley-Blackwell; 2010: 1-15.
12. Atkinson, P, Bowra, J, Lambert, M, et al. International Federation for Emergency Medicine point of care ultrasound curriculum. CJEM 2015;17:161-170.
13. Keeney, S, Hasson, F, McKenna, H. Consulting the oracle: ten lessons from using the Delphi technique in nursing research. J Adv Nurs 2006;53:205-212.
14. Stansfield, E, Woo, MY, Tam, R, et al. Designing a multi-disciplinary undergraduate medical school ultrasonography curriculum. U Ottawa J Med 2014;4:49-54.
15. Lynn, MR. Determination and quantification of content validity. Nurs Res 1986;35:382-385.
16. Akhtar, S, Theodoro, D, Gaspari, R, et al. Resident training in emergency ultrasound: consensus recommendations from the 2008 Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors Conference. Acad Emerg Med 2009;16:S32-S36.10.1111/j.1553-2712.2009.00589.x
17. Ross, M, Brown, M, McLaughlin, K, et al. Emergency physician-performed ultrasound to diagnose cholelithiasis: a systematic review. Acad Emerg Med 2011;18:227-235.
18. Summers, SM, Scruggs, W, Menchine, MD, et al. A prospective evaluation of emergency department bedside ultrasonography for the detection of acute cholecystitis. Ann Emerg Med 2010;56:114-122.
19. Smith-Bindman, R, Aubin, C, Bailitz, J, et al. Ultrasonography versus computed tomography for suspected nephrolithiasis. N Engl J Med 2014;371:1100-1110.
20. Subramaniam, S, Bober, J, Chao, J, et al. Point-of-care ultrasound for diagnosis of abscess in skin and soft tissue infections. Acad Emerg Med 2016;23:1298-1306.
21. Mateer, JR, Valley, VT, Aiman, EJ, et al. Outcome analysis of a protocol including bedside endovaginal sonography in patients at risk for ectopic pregnancy. Ann Emerg Med 1996;27:283-289.
22. Collaborative Working Group on the Future of Emergency Medicine in Canada. Emergency medicine training and practice in Canada: celebrating the past and evolving for the future. Ottawa, ON: The Canadian Association of Emergency Physicians, the College of Family Physicians Canada, and the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada; 2016.
23. Blehar, DJ, Barton, B, Gaspari, RJ. Learning curves in emergency ultrasound education. Acad Emerg Med 2015;22:574-582.
24. Costantino, T, Burton, J, Tayal, V. Ultrasound competency and practice: what’s in a number? Acad Emerg Med 2015;22:597-599.
25. Steinmetz, P, Dobrescu, O, Oleskevich, S, et al. Bedside ultrasound education in Canadian medical schools: a national survey. Can Med Educ J 2016;7:e78-e86.