2. Sahota, IS, Lang, E. Reducing low-value interventions in the emergency department: you may be part of the problem. CJEM 2017;19(2):143-146, 10.1017/cem.2016.349.
3. Rosenberg, A, Agiro, A, Gottlieb, M, et al.
JAMA early trends among seven recommendations from the Choosing Wisely campaign. Intern Med 2015;175(12):1913-1920, 10.1001/jamainternmed.2015.5441.
6. Brehaut, JC, Colquhoun, HL, Eva, KW, et al. Practice feedback interventions: 15 suggestions for optimizing effectiveness. Ann Intern Med 2016;164(6):435-441, 10.7326/M15-2248.
7. Talan, DA, Mower, WR, Krishnadasan, A, et al. Trimethoprim-sulfamethoxazole versus placebo for uncomplicated skin abscess. N Engl J Med 2016;374(9):823-832, 10.1056/NEJMoa1507476.
8. Lin, MP, Nguyen, T, Probst, MA, et al. Emergency physician knowledge, attitudes, and behavior regarding ACEP’s Choosing Wisely recommendations: a survey study. Acad Emerg Med 2017;24(6):668-675, 10.1111/acem.13167.
10. Laxminarayan, R, Duse, A, Wattal, C, et al. Antibiotic resistance – the need for global solutions. Lancet Infect Dis 2013;13(12):1057-1098.10.1016/S1473-3099(13)70318-9
11. Datta, S, Wattal, C, Goel, N, et al. A ten year analysis of multi-drug resistant blood stream infections caused by Escherichia coli & Klebsiella pneumoniae in a tertiary care hospital. Indian J Med Res 2012;135(6):907-912.
12. Llor, C, Bjerrum, L. Antimicrobial resistance: risk associated with antibiotic overuse and initiatives to reduce the problem. Ther Adv Drug Saf 2014;5(6):229-241.
16. Emery, DJ, Shojania, KG, Forster, AJ, et al. Overuse of magnetic resonance imaging. JAMA Intern Med 2013;173(9):823-825.10.1001/jamainternmed.2013.3804
17. Mathews, JD, Forsythe, AV, Brady, Z, et al. Cancer risk in 680,000 people exposed to computed tomography scans in childhood or adolescence: data linkage study of 11 million Australians. BMJ 2013;346:f2360.
18. Bhatia, RS, Levinson, W, Shortt, S, et al. Measuring the effect of Choosing Wisely: an integrated framework to assess campaign impact on low-value care. BMJ Qual Saf 2015;24(8):523-531.
19. Sedrak, MS, Patel, MS, Ziemba, JB, et al. Residents’ self-report on why they order perceived unnecessary inpatient laboratory tests: why residents order unnecessary inpatient laboratory tests. J Hosp Med 2016;11(12):869-872.
20. Hoffmann, TC, Del Mar, C. Clinicians’ expectations of the benefits and harms of treatments, screening, and tests: a systematic review. JAMA Intern Med 2017;177(3):407-419.
21. Stiell, IG, Clement, CM, Grimshaw, J, et al. Implementation of the Canadian C-spine rule: prospective 12 centre cluster randomised trial. BMJ 2009;339:b4146.
22. Stiell, IG, Wells, G, Laupacis, A, et al. A multicentre trial to introduce clinical decision rules for the use of radiography in acute ankle injuries. BMJ 1995;311(7005):594-597.
23. Stiell, IG, Wells, GA, Hoag, RA, et al. Implementation of the Ottawa knee rule for the use of radiography in acute knee injuries. JAMA 1997;278(23):2075-2079.10.1001/jama.1997.03550230051036
24. Lenzer, J. Choosing Wisely: setbacks and progress. BMJ 2015;351:h6760.10.1136/bmj.h6760
25. Morris, ZS, Wooding, S, Grant, J. The answer is 17 years, what is the question: understanding time lags in translational research. J R Soc Med 2011;104(2):510-520.
26. Needham, DM. Translating evidence into practice: a model for large scale knowledge translation. BMJ 2008;337:a1714.
28. Rosenberg, A, Agiro, A, Gottlieb, M, et al. Early trends among seven recommendations from the Choosing Wisely campaign. JAMA Intern Med 2015;175(12):1913-1920.
29. Lin, Y, Cserti‐Gazdewich, C, Lieberman, L, et al. Improving transfusion practice with guidelines and prospective auditing by medical laboratory technologists. Transfusion 2016;56(11):2903-2905.
30. Leis, JA, Corpus, C, Rahmani, A, et al. Medical directive for urinary catheter removal by nurses on general medical wards. JAMA Intern Med 2016;176(1):113-115.
31. Min, A, Chan, VWY, Aristizabal, R, et al. Clinical decision support decreases volume of imaging for low back pain in an urban emergency department. J Am Coll Radiol 2017;14(7):889-899.
32. Al-Sani, F, Ben-Yakov, M, Harvey, G, et al. Low risk ankle rule, high reward – a quality improvement initiative to reduce ankle x-rays in the pediatric emergency department [abstract]. CJEM 2017;19(S1):S83.
33. Fralick, M, Hicks, LK, Chaudhry, H, et al. REDucing unnecessary coagulation testing in the emergency department (REDUCED). BMJ Qual Improv Rep 2017;6(1):1-4.
34. Venkatesh, AK, Hajdasz, D, Rothenberg, C, et al. Reducing unnecessary blood chemistry testing in the emergency department. Am J Med Qual 2017; epub, 10.1177/1062860617691842.
35. Naugler, C, Hemmelgarn, B, Quan, H, et al. Implementation of an intervention to reduce population-based screening for vitamin D deficiency: a cross-sectional study. CMAJ Open 2017;5(1):E36-E39.
37. Lakhani, A, Lass, E, Silverstein, WK, et al. Choosing wisely for medical education: six things medical students and trainees should question. Acad Med 2016;91(10):1374-1378.
38. Friedman, CL, Liu, J, Wakeling, S. Integrating resource stewardship into the medical curriculum. Poster presented at: McMaster Medical Student Research Day; 2017.
39. Abu Taha, A, Abu-Zaydeh, AH, Ardah, RA, et al. Public knowledge and attitudes regarding the use of antibiotics and resistance: findings from a cross‐sectional study among Palestinian adults. Zoonoses Public Health 2017;63(6):449-457.
40. Awad, IA, Aboud, ES. Knowledge, attitude and practice towards antibiotic use among the public in Kuwait. PLoS One 2015;10(2):e0117910.
41. Vallin, M, Polyzoi, M, Marrone, G, et al. Knowledge and attitudes towards antibiotic use and resistance – a latent class analysis of a Swedish population-based sample. PLoS One 2016;11(4):e0152160.
42. Schlesinger, M, Grob, R, , Treating, fast and slow: Americans’ understanding of and responses to low‐value care. Milbank Q 2017;95(1):70-116.
43. Santa, JS. Communicating information about “what not to do” to consumers. BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 2013;13(Suppl 3):S2.
44. Silverstein, W, Lass, E, Born, K, et al. A survey of primary care patients’ readiness to engage in the de-adoption practices recommended by Choosing Wisely Canada. BMC Res Notes 2016;9(1):301.