2. Rodgers, GB, Adler, P. Risk factors for all-terrain vehicle injuries: a national case-control study. Am J Epidemiol 2001;153(11):1112-1118.
3. Krauss, EM, Dyer, DM, Laupland, KB, Buckley, R. Ten years of all-terrain vehicle injury, mortality, and healthcare costs. J Trauma 2010;69(6):1338-1343.
4. Lord, S, Tator, CH, Wells, S. Examining Ontario deaths due to all-terrain vehicles, and targets for prevention. Can J Neurol Sci 2010;37(3):343-349.
5. Pelletier, JS, McKee, J, Ozegovic, D, Widder, S. Retrospective review of all-terrain vehicle accidents in Alberta. Can J Surg 2012;55(4):249-253.
6. Sibley, AK, Tallon, JM. Major injury associated with all-terrain vehicle use in Nova Scotia: a 5-year review. CJEM 2002;4(4):263-267.
7. Su, W, Hui, T, Shaw, K. All-terrain vehicle injury patterns: are current regulations effective? J Pediatr Surg 2006;41(5):931-934.
9. Martin, R, Lo, Dak, Wai, A. Comparative national public health legislation. In: Oxford Textbook of Public Health, 5th ed. (eds. Detels R, Beaglehole R, Lansang M, Gulliford M). Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2011: 351-367.
10. Winfield, RD, Mozingo, DW, Armstrong, JH, et al. All-terrain vehicle safety in Florida: is legislation really the answer? Am Surg 2010;76(2):149-153.
11. Brandenburg, MA, Brown, SJ, Archer, P, Brandt, EN Jr. All-terrain vehicle crash factors and associated injuries in patients presenting to a regional trauma center. J Trauma 2007;63(5):994-999.
12. Fonseca, AH, Ochsner, MG, Bromberg, WJ, Gantt, D. All-terrain vehicle injuries: are they dangerous? A 6-year experience at a level I trauma center after legislative regulations expired. Am Surg 2005;71(11):937-940; discussion 940-1.
13. McBride, AS, Cline, DM, Neiberg, RH, Westmoreland, KD. Pediatric all-terrain vehicle injuries: does legislation make a dent? Pediatr Emerg Care 2011;27(2):97-101.
14. Blecker, N, Rhee, P, Judkins, DG, et al. Pediatric all-terrain vehicle trauma: the epidemic continues unabated. Pediatr Emerg Care 2012;28(5):443-447.
15. Dietz, MJ, Lavender, C, Emery, SE, Clovis, N, Shuler, FD, Zuberi, J. All-terrain vehicle-related orthopaedic trauma in North Central West Virginia: an 8-year review of a Level I trauma center. J Orthop Trauma 2012;26(7):e83-e87.
16. Lynch, JM, Gardner, MJ, Worsey, J. The continuing problem of all-terrain vehicle injuries in children. J Pediatr Surg 1998;33(2):329-332.
17. Ross, RT, Stuart, LK, Davis, FE. All-terrain vehicle injuries in children: industry-regulated failure. Am Surg 1999 Sep;65(9):870-873.
18. Williams, RS, Graham, J, Helmkamp, JC, et al. A trial of an All‐Terrain vehicle safety education video in a Community‐Based hunter education program. J Rural Health 2011;27(3):255-262.
19. Wood, A, Duijff, JW, Christey, GR. Quad bike injuries in Waikato, New Zealand: an institutional review from 2007-2011. ANZ J Surg 2013;83(4):206-210.
20. Carr, AM, Bailes, JE, Helmkamp, JC, Rosen, CL, Miele, VJ. Neurological injury and death in all-terrain vehicle crashes in West Virginia: a 10-year retrospective review. Neurosurgery 2004;54(4):861-866; discussion 866-7.
21. Helmkamp, JC, Aitken, ME, Graham, J, Campbell, CR. State-specific ATV-related fatality rates: an update in the new millennium. Public Health Rep 2012;127(4):364-374.
22. Merrigan, TL, Wall, PL, Smith, HL, Janus, TJ, Sidwell, RA. The burden of unhelmeted and uninsured ATV drivers and passengers. Traffic Inj Prev 2011;12(3):251-255.
23. Anfuso, A, Weinberger, PM, McKinnon, BJ. Pediatric all-terrain vehicle related temporal bone fractures. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol 2012;76(2):202-205.
24. Bansal, V, Fortlage, D, Lee, J, et al. A 21-year history of all-terrain vehicle injuries: has anything changed? Am J Surg 2008;195(6):789-792.
25. Kosar, S, Seelen, HA, Hemmen, B, Evers, SM, Brink, PR. Cost-effectiveness of an integrated ‘fast track’ rehabilitation service for multi-trauma patients involving dedicated early rehabilitation intervention programs: design of a prospective, multi-centre, non-randomised clinical trial. J Trauma Manag Outcomes 2009;3(1):1.
26. Unni, P, Morrow, SE, L Shultz, B. Analysis of pediatric all-terrain vehicle trauma data in Middle Tennessee: implications for injury prevention. J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2012;73(4 Suppl 3):S277-S280.
27. Denning, G, Jennissen, C, Harland, K, Ellis, D, Buresh, C. All-terrain vehicles (ATVs) on the road: a serious traffic safety and public health concern. Traffic Inj Prev 2013;14(1):78-85.
28. Keenan, HT, Bratton, SL. All-terrain vehicle legislation for children: a comparison of a state with and a state without a helmet law. Pediatrics 2004;113(4):e330-e334.
29. Shulruf, B, Balemi, A. Risk and preventive factors for fatalities in all-terrain vehicle accidents in New Zealand. Accid Anal Prev 2010;42(2):612-618.
30. Parkin, PC, Khambalia, A, Kmet, L, Macarthur, C. Influence of socioeconomic status on the effectiveness of bicycle helmet legislation for children: a prospective observational study. Pediatrics 2003;112(3 Pt 1):e192-e196.