Worcester House in the Strand, the most famous of all the houses so named, was situated in what the Ordnance Surveyors of 1871 called ‘St. Clement Danes Parish, Detached Area No. 2’, where now stands the Savoy Theatre (pl. XVII c). The other mansions of that name associated with the Earldom of Worcester were in the City or neighbourhood of London—in Bishopsgate Street, Anchor Street (at the foot of Garlick Hill) in Vintry Ward, Clerkenwell, Tower Street, Stepney, and Southwark, Acton, Ewell Park, and Enfield.