- ISSN: 0003-1615 (Print), 1533-6247 (Online)
- Editor: John F. Schwaller SUNY Albany, USA
- Editorial board
The Americas has been one of the principal English-language journals of Latin American history since 1944. Articles and reviews in history and ethnohistory about all geographical regions of the Americas and their Iberian background are included. Topics dealing with the economic, political, cultural, social, religious, diplomatic or intellectual history of Latin America, the Atlantic World, and the U.S.-Mexican Borderlands, and research that places these themes in a comparative framework, are welcome.
Scott Cave, Winner of the 2018 Tibesar Prize
The 2018 Tibesar Prize from the Conference on Latin American History and The Americas has been awarded to Scott Cave for his ground-breaking article (Madalena: The Entangled History of One Indigenous Floridian Woman in the Atlantic World). Read the 'best article' in The Americas from the previous year for free here!
Error: Bad status code
- 15 June 2019,
- Author Mike Berners-Lee gives us an insight into what it’s like to record an audiobook version of his book “There is No Planet B” “ When I...
- 14 June 2019,
- It is almost inevitable that conversations regarding the Holocaust will generate questions of comparison to other historical instances of mass death. And, conversely,...
- 13 June 2019,
- In both academia and the media, a well-known perception is that Christianity essentially embraces religion-state separation whereas Islam essentially rejects...