- ISSN: 0003-1615 (Print), 1533-6247 (Online)
- Editor: John F. Schwaller University at Albany (SUNY), USA
- Editorial board
Founded in 1944, The Americas has become one of the principal journals of Latin American history. The journal publishes peer-reviewed articles and reviews about all geographical regions of Latin America including the Caribbean, reflecting a wide variety of methodological orientations. The journal welcomes works dealing with comparative and transnational themes within the region, and ones that address critical issues with new perspectives and methods. While submissions from all types of specialists are welcome, works by new voices are especially encouraged.
Scott Cave, Winner of the 2018 Tibesar Prize
The 2018 Tibesar Prize from the Conference on Latin American History and The Americas has been awarded to Scott Cave for his ground-breaking article (Madalena: The Entangled History of One Indigenous Floridian Woman in the Atlantic World). Read the 'best article' in The Americas from the previous year for free here!
- 27 May 2020,
- Let’s face it – stepping (sitting) in front of a camera has become a staple component of working from home during the global pandemic.…
- 31 March 2020,
- Many of us are discovering that working at home for a long stretch can be difficult. Staying productive and motivated is a challenge, and it is not always easy...
- 26 March 2020,
- The editors of Contemporary European History are delighted to announce the results of the 2019 CEH Prize, which was set up to encourage, recognize and promote...
- 02 June 2020,
- …all these pandemics share a common factor, namely the role of international travel in spreading the contagion. The Justinian Plague (541-546 CE, with...
- 01 June 2020,
- It’s not the end of the world. But with the coronavirus running rampant, you could be forgiven for thinking so. The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse symbolically...
- 01 June 2020,
- During recent weeks we have witnessed often abusive gatherings in the United States and Spain demanding that covid-19 restrictions be lifted. Flags are flown,...