1. Xiong, R. and Wu, H. Study on cutting mechanism of Ti6Al4V in ultra-precision machining, Int J Advanced Manufacturing Technology, 2016, 86, (5–8), pp 1–7.
2. Zhang, G., Liu, J., Liu, Y. and Yue, Z. Effect of roughness on surface stress concentration factor and fatigue life, J Mech Strength, 2010, 32, (1), pp 023.
3. Javidi, A., Rieger, U. and Eichlseder, W. The effect of machining on the surface integrity and fatigue life, Int J of fatigue, 2008, 30, (10–11), pp 2050–2055.
4. Sharman, A.R.C., Aspinwall, D.K., Dewes, R.C., Clifton, D. and Bowen, P. The effects of machined workpiece surface integrity on the fatigue life of γ-titanium aluminide, Int J Machine Tools and Manufacture, 2001, 41, (11), pp 1681–1685.
5. Liu, G.L., Huang, C.Z., Zou, B. and Liu, Z.Q. Surface integrity and fatigue performance of 17-4PH stainless steel after cutting operations, Surface and Coatings Technology, 2016, 307, pp 182–189.
6. Li, Y.J., Xuan, F.Z., Wang, Z.D. and Tu, S.T. Effects of residual stresses on the high cycle fatigue behavior of Ti–6Al–4V, ASME 2010 Pressure Vessels and Piping Division/K-PVP Conference, American Society of Mechanical Engineers, 2010, pp 397–401.
7. Smith, S., Melkote, S.N., Lara-Curzio, E., Watkins, T.R., Allard, L. and Riester, L. Effect of surface integrity of hard turned AISI 52100 steel on fatigue performance, Materials Science and Engineering: A, 2007, 459, (1–2), pp 337–346.
8. Farrahi, G.H., Lebrijn, J.L. and Couratin, D. Effect of shot peening on residual stress and fatigue life of a spring steel, Fatigue and Fracture of Engineering Materials and Structures, 1995, 18, (2), pp 211–220.
9. Guo, Y.B. and Yen, D.W. Hard turning versus grinding – the effect of process-induced residual stress on rolling contact, Wear, 2004, 256, (3–4), pp 393–399.
10. Guo, Y.B. and Barkey, M.E. Modeling of rolling contact fatigue for hard machined components with process-induced residual stress, Int J of fatigue, 2004, 26, (6), pp 605–613.
11. Sun, J. and Guo, Y.B. A comprehensive experimental study on surface integrity by end milling Ti–6Al–4V, J Materials Processing Technology, 2009, 209, (8), pp 4036–4042.
12. Sridhar, B.R., Devananda, G., Ramachandra, K. and Bhat, R. Effect of machining parameters and heat treatment on the residual stress distribution in titanium alloy IMI-834, J Materials Processing Technology, 2003, 139, (1–3), pp 628–634.
13. Guerville, L., Vigneau, J., Dudzinski, D., Molinari, A. and Schulz, H. Influence of machining conditions on residual stresses, Metal Cutting and High-Speed Machining, Kluwer Academic Plenum Publishers, New York, US, 2002, pp 201–210.
14. Mantle, A.L. and Aspinwall, D.K. Surface integrity of a high speed milled gamma titanium aluminide, J Materials Processing Technology, 2001, 118, (1–3), pp 143–150.
15. Yang, D., Liu, Z.Q., Ren, X.P. and Zhuang, P. Hybrid modeling with finite element and statistical methods for residual stress prediction in peripheral milling of titanium alloy Ti–6Al–4V, Int J of Mechanical Sciences, 2016, 108, pp 29–38.
16. Vosough, M., Kalhori, V., Liu, P. and Svenningsson, I. Influence of High Pressure Water-Jet Assisted Turning on Surface Residual Stresses on Ti–6Al–4V Alloy by Measurement and Finite Element Simulation, In Surface Engineering, Proceedings of the 3rd International Surface Engineering Congress, 2005, pp 107–113.
17. Ulutan, D. Predictive Modeling and Multi-objective Optimization of Machining-Induced Residual Stresses: Investigation of Machining Parameter Effects, Dissertations & Theses, Gradworks, 2013.
18. Ulutan, D., Arisoy, Y.M., Özel, T. and Mears, L. Empirical modeling of residual stress profile in machining nickel-based super alloys using the sinusoidal decay function, Procedia CIRP, 2014, 13, pp 365–370.
19. Srikanth, R., Kosmac, T., Bona, A.D., Yin, L. and Zhang, Y. Effects of cementation surface modifications on fracture resistance of zirconia, Dental Materials, 2015, 31, (4), pp 435–442.
20. Westergaard, H.M. Bearing pressures and cracks, Spie Milestone Series Ms, 1997, 137, pp 18–22.
21. Wang, X.G., Crupi, V., Guo, X.L. and Zhao, Y.G. Quantitative thermographic methodology for fatigue assessment and stress measurement, Int J of fatigue, 2010, 32, (12), pp 1970–1976.
22. Feltner, C.E. and Morrow, J.D. Microplastic strain hysteresis energy as a criterion for fatigue fracture, J of Basic Engineering, 1961, 83, (1), pp 15–22.
23. Morrow, J.D. Cyclic Plastic Strain Energy and Fatigue of Metals. Internal Friction, Damping, and Cyclic Plasticity, ASTM Int, 1965.
24. Macek, W., Łagoda, T. and Mucha, N. Energy-based fatigue failure characteristics of materials under random bending loading in elastic-plastic range,
Fatigue & Fracture of Engineering Materials & Structures
, 2018, 41, (2), pp 249–259.