1. Pande, P.S., Neuman, R.P. and Cavanagh, R.R. The Six Sigma Way (1 ed.), McGraw-Hill, New York, 2000.
2. Nair, A., Malhotra, M.K. and Ahire, S.L. Toward a theory of managing context in Six Sigma process-improvement projects: an action research investigation, J Operations Management, 2011, 29, (211), pp 529–548.
3. Pysdek, T. The Six Sigma Handbook, McGraw-Hill, ebook edition, New York, 2003.
4. Antony, J., Kumar, M. and Madu, C.N. Six Sigma in small and medium sized UK manufacturing enterprises: some empirical observations, Int J Quality & Reliability Management, 2005, 22, (8), pp 860–874.
5. El Moudani, W. and Mora-Camino, F. A dynamic approach for aircraft assignment and maintenance scheduling by airlines, J Air Transport Management, 2000, 6, (4), pp 233–237.
6. Harry, M. and Schroeder, R. Six Sigma: The Breakthrough Management Strategy Revolutionizing the World’s Top Corporations. Doubleday, New York, 2000.
8. Henderson, K.M. and Evans, J.R. Successful implementation of Six Sigma: benchmarking General Electric Company, Benchmarking: An Int J, 2000, 7, (4), pp 260–282.
9. Akbulut-Bailey, A.Y., Motwani, J. and Smedley, E.M. When Lean and Six Sigma converge: a case study of a successful implementation of Lean Six Sigma at an aerospace company, Int J Technology Management, 2012, 57, (1), pp 18–32.
10. Maleyeff, J. and Krayenvenger, D.E. Goal setting with Six Sigma mean shift determination, Aircraft Engineering and Aerospace Technology, 2004, 76, (6), pp 577–583.
11. Thomas, A.J., Mason-Jones, R., Davies, A. and John, E.G. Reducing turn-round variability through the application of Six Sigma in aerospace MRO facilities, J Manufacturing Technology Management, 2015, 26, (3), pp 314–332.
12. Abdelghany, K., Abdelghany, A. and Raina, S. A model for the airlines’ fuel management strategies, J Air Transport Management, 2005, 11, (4), pp 199–206.
13. Babic, O. Optimization of refuelling truck fleets at an airport, Transportation Research Part B Methodological, 1987, 21, (6), pp 479–487.
14. Shackel, B. and Klein, L. ESSO London airport refueling control centre redesign – an ergonomics case study, Applied Ergonomics, 1976, 7, (1), pp 37–45.
15. Ryerson, M.S. and Hansen, M. Capturing the impact of fuel price on jet aircraft operating costs with Leontief technology and econometric models, Transportation Research Part C, 2013, 33, (8), pp 282–296.
16. Narangajavana, Y., Garrigos-Simon, F.J., Garcia, J.S. and Forgas-Coll, S. Prices, prices and prices: a study in the airline sector, Tourism Management, 2014, 41, (4), pp 28–42.
18. Muller, E.R. and Chatterji, G.B. Analysis of aircraft arrival and departure delay characteristics. AIAA’s Aircraft Technology, Integration, and Operations, 2002.
19. Davies, M. The Standard Handbook for Aeronautical and Astronautical Engineers (1st ed.), McGraw-Hill, New York, 2003.
20. Kinnison, H.A. and Siddiqui, T. Aviation Maintenance Management (2 ed.), McGraw-Hill, New York, 2012.
21. IATA – International Air Transport Association. Standard IATA Delay Codes AHM730. IATA Airport Handling Manual 38th Edition, 2018.
22. Blokland, W.W.A.B.V., Waard, A.D. and Santema, S.C. Design of a lean MRO business process for EPCOR. 8th. AIAA Aviation Technology, Integration and Operations (ATIO) Conference, 2008.
23. Sumranwong, D. Adaptation DMAIC to develop an eLearning model for aerospace repair station. International Conference on e-Education, Entertainment and e-Management, 2011.
24. Ho, Y.C., Chang, O.C. and Wang, W.B. An empirical study of key success factors for Six Sigma Green Belt projects at an Asian MRO company, J Air Transport Management, 2008, 14, (5), pp 263–269.
25. Wei, Z., Chen, Z., Yajun, C. and Peng, Z. The discussion of the application of the six sigma in the civil aviation. International Conference on Transportation Information and Safety (ICTIS) - American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE), 2011.
26. Chang, H.M., Huang, C. and Torng, C.C. The construction of production improvement model for aerospace manufacturing suppliers. 9th Asia-Pacific Conference on Materials Processing (APCMP), 2010.
27. Weber, N.O. Product development teams and tools applied to the aircraft industry, World Class Design to Manufacture, 1994, 1, (6), pp 20–26.
28. Wong, K.M., Halim, T. and Tan, Y.W. Improvement to the Freight Management of ITAR Controlled Items using Lean Six Sigma. International Conference on Industrial Engineering (IEEE) – Industrial Engineering and Engineering Management (IEEM), 2013, pp 191–195.
29. Shanmuganathan, V.K., Haran, A.P., Ragavendran, S. and Gayathri, N. Aero-engine maintenance cost optimization by RCM, Life Science J, 2013, 10, (1), pp 2891–2896.
30. O’Kelly, M.E. Air freight hubs in the FedEx system: analysis of fuel use, J Air Transport Management, 2014, 36, (4), pp 1–12.
31. Swan, W.M. and Adler, N. Aircraft trip cost parameters: a function of stage length and seat capacity, Transportation Research Part E, 2006, 42, (2), pp 105–115.
32. Seristo, H. and Vepsalainen, A.P.J. Airline cost drivers: cost implications of fleet, routes, and personnel policies, J Air Transport Management, 1997, 3, (1), pp 11–22.
33. Jupp, J.A. The design of future passenger aircraft – the environmental and fuel price challenges, The Aeronautical Jnal, 2016, 120, (1), pp 37–60.
34. AIN – Aviation International News. Contract fueling, fuel cards and suppliers, operators look to fuel as a cost they can control, AIN Publications, 2016, 48, (5), pp 34–38.
37. Eisenhardt, K.M. and Graebner, M.E. Theory building from cases: opportunities and challenges, Academy of Management J, 2007, 50, (1), pp 25–32.
38. Yin, R.K. Case Study Research: Design and Methods (5th ed.), SAGE, California, 2015.
39. Eisenhardt, K.M. Building theories from case study research, Academy of Management Review
, 1989, 14, (4), pp 532–550.
40. Student, The problem error of a mean, Biometrika, 1908, 6, (1), pp 1–25.
41. Privitera, G.J. Statistics for the Behavioral Sciences (2nd ed.), SAGE, California, 2014.
42. AIRBUS – Getting to grips with aircraft performance. Flight Operations Support and Line Assistance, Customer Services. Airbus, Toulouse, 2002.