Please note that the Technology-Enabled Learning Prize for 2018 is now closed. Find out more about the 2020 Technology-Enabled Learning Prize here.
Following in the tradition of the well-established Pilkington Prizes, 2018 sees the launch of a new Cambridge University Press prize for excellence in technology-enabled learning. Two prizes will be awarded – one for Arts, Humanities & Social Sciences and one for Science, Technology, Engineering, Maths & Medicine - for outstanding teaching innovations developed, or innovatively employed, which improve learning outcomes.
Winners will receive:
- £1,000, awarded at the annual Pilkington Prize award ceremony
- Features in Cambridge University Press and Cambridge University media
- Depending on the solution presented, the possibility of taking their idea beyond Cambridge, in collaboration with Cambridge University Press
- Anyone who teaches at Cambridge University, including university and college academics, postdocs, PhD students, and librarians and professional services staff who may not be on teaching contracts but who run teaching activities.
- The students need not be Cambridge University students (e.g. summer school teaching activities, activities with schools, or activities at a previous employer are all eligible, providing the testimonial aspect of the application question can be provided).
- Joint/shared applications will be accepted, but the entrants are responsible for nominating a lead contact and any division of prize money.
- Note that “technology” here is broadly interpreted, and is not limited to online learning.
Entries will be judged by a panel of experts, led by Cambridge University Press. The judges will be looking for evidence that the innovation has made a real impact on students’ learning through technology-enabled learning.
Submissions open: October 2018
Submissions close: 15th March 2019
April 2019: Judging
25th June 2019: Award winners announced and prizes awarded!
If you have a question about the TEL Award or submission process, please contact email@example.com.