- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: August 2018
- Print publication year: 2018
- Online ISBN: 9781108526203
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781108526203
This volume collects the proceedings of the conference 'Topological methods in group theory', held at Ohio State University in 2014 in honor of Ross Geoghegan's 70th birthday. It consists of eleven peer-reviewed papers on some of the most recent developments at the interface of topology and geometric group theory. The authors have given particular attention to clear exposition, making this volume especially useful for graduate students and for mathematicians in other areas interested in gaining a taste of this rich and active field. A wide cross-section of topics in geometric group theory and topology are represented, including left-orderable groups, groups deﬁned by automata, connectivity properties and Σ-invariants of groups, amenability and non-amenability problems, and boundaries of certain groups. Also included are topics that are more geometric or topological in nature, such as the geometry of simplices, decomposition complexity of certain groups, and problems in shape theory.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed