1. , . The neurobiology of semantic memory. Trends Cogn Sci 2011; 15:527–36.
2. , , , . Role of aphasia in discharge location after stroke. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2013; 94:851–5.
3. , , , et al. Damage to ventral and dorsal language pathways in acute aphasia. Brain 2013; 136:619–29.
4. , , , et al. The anatomy of aphasia revisited. Neurology 2000; 4:1117–23.
5. , , , et al. Posterior cerebral artery infarcts and semantic category dissociations: a study of 28 patients. Brain 2009; 132: 965–81.
6. , . The cortical organization of speech processing. Nat Rev Neurosci 2007; 8:393–402.
7. , . Cortical systems for local and global integration in discourse comprehension. Neuroimage 2013; 71:59–74.
8. , , , et al. Damage to ventral and dorsal language pathways in acute aphasia. Brain 2013; 136:619–29.
9. , , , et al. Dynamics of language reorganization after stroke. Brain 2006; 129:1371–84.
10. , , , . Left hemisphere plasticity and aphasia recovery. Neuroimage 2012; 60:854–63.
11. , , , . Understanding normal and impaired word reading. Psychol Rev 1996; 103:56–115.
12. , , , , . Neuroanatomical correlates of oral reading in acute left hemispheric stroke. Brain Lang 2011; 116:14–21.
13. , , , et al. Neural regions essential for reading and spelling of words and pseudowords. Ann Neurol 2007; 62:481–92.
14. , , , et al. French Collaborative Study Group on Assessment of Unilateral Neglect (GEREN/GRECO). Sensitivity of clinical and behavioural tests of spatial neglect after right hemisphere stroke. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2002; 73:160–6.
15. , . Spatial neglect and attention networks. Annu Rev Neurosci 2011; 34:569–99.
16. , , , et al. Severity of hypoperfusion in distinct brain regions predicts severity of hemispatial neglect in different reference frames. Stroke 2009; 40:3563–6.
17. , , , et al. Hippocampal lesion patterns in acute posterior cerebral artery stroke: clinical and MRI findings. Stroke 2009; 40:2042–5.
18. , , , , . Nonhaemorrhagic thalamic infarction. Clinical, neuropsychological and electrophysiological findings in four anatomical groups defined by computerized tomography. Brain 1985; 108:485–516.
19. , . Health outcomes 1 year after subarachnoid hemorrhage: an international population-based study. The Australian Cooperative Research on Subarachnoid Hemorrhage Study Group. Neurology 2000; 55:658–62.
20. , , , et al. Subarachnoid hemorrhage is followed by temporomesial volume loss: MRI volumetric study. Neurology 2006; 67:575–82.
21. , , , et al. Mechanisms of spontaneous confabulations: a strategic retrieval account. Brain 2006; 129:1399–414.
22. , , , . Exploration of the neural substrates of executive functioning by functional neuroimaging. Neuroscience 2006; 139:209–21.
23. , , , et al. Cognitive disorders in acute stroke: prevelance and clinical determinants. Cerebrovasc Dis 2007; 23:408–16.
24. , , , . Executive function deficits in acute stroke. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2007; 88:173–80.
25. , , , et al. Predictors of cognitive dysfunction after subarachnoid hemorrhage. Stroke 2002; 33:200–8.
26. , , , , . Ventral occipital lesions impair object recognition but not object-directed grasping: an fMRI study. Brain 2003; 126:2463–75.
27. , . Behavioral deficits and cortical damage loci in cerebral achromatopsia. Cereb Cortex 2006; 16:183–91.
28. , . Neural systems for recognition of familiar faces. Neuropsychologia 2007; 45:32–41.
29. , , , . Understanding the functional neuroanatomy of acquired prosopagnosia. Neuroimage 2007; 35:836–52.
30. , , , , . Posterior cerebral artery territory infarcts: clinical features, infarct topography, causes and outcome. Multicenter results and a review of the literature. Cerebrovasc Dis 2000; 10:170–82.
31. , , . Delirium in acute stroke–prevalence and risk factors. Acta Neurol Scand Suppl 2010; 190:39–43.
32. , , , . Duration of delirium in the acute stage of stroke. Acta Clin Croat 2009; 48:13–17.
33. , , , et al. Confusional state in stroke: relation to preexisting dementia, patient characteristics, and outcome. Stroke 1999; 30:773–9.
34. , , , . Delirium in the first days of acute stroke. J Neurol 2004; 251:171–8.
35. , , , , . Acute confusional states (delirium) in stroke patients. Cerebrovasc Dis 1991; 1:257–64.
36. , , , , . Delirium within three days of stroke in a cohort of elderly patients. J Am Geriatr Soc 2006; 54:1192–8.
37. , , , , . Delirium in acute subarachnoid haemorrhage. Cerebrovasc Dis 2005; 19:31–8.
38. , , , . Delirium in acute stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Stroke 2012; 43:645–9.
39. , , , . Inability to control anger or aggression after stroke. Neurology 2002; 58:1106–8.
40. , , . The French adaptation of the STAXI-2, C.D. Spielberger’s State-trait anger expression inventory. Encephale 2008; 34:249–55.
41. , , , . Subjective experience and behaviour in acute stroke: the Lausanne Emotion in Acute Stroke Study. Neurology 1999; 52:22–8.
42. , , . Self-reported aggressive behavior in patients with stroke. J Nerv Ment Dis 1996; 184:746–53.
43. , , , , . Anger, hostility and aggression in the first days of acute stroke. Eur J Neurol 2006; 13:351–8.
44. , , , , . Aggressive behavior in patients with stroke: association with psychopathology and results of antidepressant treatment on aggression. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2006; 87:793–8.
45. . Anger in acute stroke. Determinants and impact on treatment compliance and well-being of caregivers. Unpublished PhD thesis, University of Liboa, 2014.
46. , , , , . Premorbid personality traits are associated with post-stroke behavioral and psychological symptoms: a three-month follow-up study in Perth, Western Australia. Int Psychogeriatr 2009; 21:1063–71.
47. , , , et al. Comparing perceived burden for Korean and American informal caregivers of stroke survivors. Rehabil Nurs 2009; 34:141–50.
48. , , , et al. Fluoxetine treatment in poststroke depression, emotional incontinence, and anger proneness: a double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Stroke 2006; 37:156–61.
49. , . Delusional state following acute stroke. Neurology 2004; 62:110–13.
50. , , , , . Auditory hallucinations in acute stroke. Behav Neurol 2005; 16:211–16.
51. , , , , . Emotionalism after stroke. BMJ 1989; 298:991–4.
52. . Some problems in neurology. II. Pathological laughing and crying. J Neurol Psychopathol 1923; 4:299–333.
53. , . Fou rire prodromique. Case report and systematic review of literature. Cerebrovasc Dis 2003; 16:101–4.
54. , , , et al. Frequency of anxiety after stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis of observational studies. Int J Stroke 2013; 8:545–59.
55. . Poststroke anxiety disorders. Clinical and lesion correlates. In: , ed. The Clinical Neuropsychiatry of Stroke. Cognitive, Behavioral, and Emotional Disorders Following Vascular Brain Injury, 2nd edn. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2006: 326–33.
56. , , , . Anxiety and depression 3 years following stroke: demographic, clinical, and psychological predictors. J Psychosom Res 2005; 59:209–13.
57. , , , et al. Interventions for treating anxiety after stroke. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; 12: CD008860.
58. , , , et al. Selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) for stroke recovery. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012; 11: CD009286.
59. , , , et al. Frequency and predictors of post-traumatic stress disorder after stroke: a pilot study. J Neurol Sci 2013; 327:35–40.
60. , , , et al. Chronic posttraumatic stress symptoms after nonsevere stroke. Neurology 2006; 66:513–16.
61. , , , . Mania and stroke: a systematic review. Cerebrovasc Dis 2011; 32:11–21.
62. , , , . A study of suicidal thoughts in acute stroke patients. J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 2012; 21:749–54.
63. , , , et al. Do stroke patients have an increased risk of developing suicidal ideation or dying by suicide? An overview of the current literature. CNS Neurosci Ther 2012; 18:711–21.
64. , , , . Natural history, predictors and outcomes of depression after stroke: systematic review and meta-analysis. Br J Psychiatry 2013; 202:14–21.
65. , , , . Frequency of depression after stroke: a systematic review of observational studies. Stroke 2005; 36:1330–40.
66. , , , . Depression in acute stroke. J Psychiatry Neurosci 2006; 31:377–83.
67. , , . Apathy secondary to stroke: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Cerebrovasc Dis 2013; 35:23–39.
68. , , , , . Poststroke apathy. Stroke 2013; 44:851–60.