- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: October 2014
- Print publication year: 2014
- Online ISBN: 9781139333610
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139333610
How do we choose a partner to initiate a relationship with, and what makes us stay in a given relationship over time? These questions are most often pursued by scholars with an emphasis on the internal thoughts, feelings, and motivations of individual decision-makers. Conversely, this volume highlights the importance of considering external influences on individual decision-making in close relationships. Featuring contributions from internationally renowned scholars, the volume is divided into two interrelated sections. The first section considers global and societal influences on romantic relationships and the second focuses on social network and communicative influences on romantic relationships. Taken together, this collection helps us to better understand how external factors influence the internal machinations of those involved in intimate relationships.
Paul A. M. Van Lange - Vrije Universiteit, Amsterdam
Harry T. Reis - University of Rochester
R. R. Cornelius Source: Choice
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.