1. and , Birth after the reimplantation of a human embryo. Lancet, 2: 8085 (1978), 366.
2. , , et al., Assisted reproductive technology in Europe, 2003. Results generated from European registries by ESHRE. Hum. Reprod., 22 (2007), 1513–1525.
3. ; American Society for Reproductive Medicine, Assisted reproductive technology in the United States: 2000 results generated from the American Society for Reproductive Medicine/Society for Assisted Reproductive Technology Registry Fertil Steril, 2004; 81: 1207–1220.
4. , , , and , Deliveries and children born after in-vitro fertilization in Sweden 1982–95: a retrospective cohort study. Lancet, 354 (1999), 1579–1585.
5. , , and , Perinatal outcome of singletons and twins after assisted conception: a systematic review of controlled studies. BMJ, 328 (2004), 261–265.
6. , and , Perinatal outcomes in singletons following in vitro fertilization: a meta-analysis. Obstet. Gynecol., 103 (2004), 551–563.
7. and , Outcome of IVF pregnancies. Fetal Matern. Med. Rev., 15 (2004), 27–57.
8. , , , et al., Neurological sequelae in children born after in-vitro fertilisation: a population-based study. Lancet, 359: 9305 (2002), 461–465.
9. , , and , In vitro fertilization (IVF) in Sweden. Infant outcome after different fertilization methods. Fertil. Steril., 84 (2005a), 611–617.
10. , , and , In vitro fertilization (IVF) in Sweden. Child morbidity including cancer risk. Fertil. Steril., 84 (2005b), 605–610.
11. , , and , Elective transfer of one embryo results in an acceptable pregnancy rate and eliminates the risk of multiple birth. Hum. Reprod., 14: 9 (1999), 2392–2395.
12. , and , Selection of patients suitable for one-embryo transfer reduces the rate of multiple births by half without impairment of overall birth rates. Hum. Reprod., 15 (2000), 2520–2525.
13. , , et al., Elective single-embryo transfer versus double-embryo transfer in in-vitro fertilization. N. Engl. J. Med., 351 (2004), 2392–2402.
14. , and , Randomized single versus double embryo transfer: obstetric and paediatric outcome and a cost-effectiveness analysis. Hum. Reprod., 21 (2006), 210–216.
, How to promote singletons. Contributions from the Bertarelli Foundation Meeting: “Triplets End Point” (online only publication)
. Reprod. Biomed. Online
: Suppl. 3 (2007
16. , , et al., Predictors of ongoing implantation in IVF in a good prognosis group of patients. Hum. Reprod., 20 (2005), 1876–1880.
17. and , Reducing the number of embryos transferred in Sweden-impact on delivery and multiple birth rates. Hum. Reprod., 22: 8 (2007), 2202–2207. Epub 2007 Jun 11.
18. , , , and , The construction and application of a prediction model to minimize twin implantation rate at a preserved high pregnancy rate. Hum. Reprod., 19: Suppl. 1 (2004), Abstract Book. 20th Annual Meeting of the ESHRE, P-394.
19. , , et al., Construction of an evidence-based integrated morphology cleavage embryo score for implantation potential of embryos scored and transferred on day 2 after oocyte retrieval. Hum. Reprod., 22 (2007), 548–557.
20. , , et al., Elective single embryo transfer in women aged 36–39 years. Hum. Reprod., 21 (2006), 2098–2102.
21. and , Would legislation imposing single embryo transfer be a feasible way to reduce the rate of multiple pregnancies after IVF treatment?Hum. Reprod., 20 (2005), 4–8.
22. and , Cumulative impact of adding frozen-thawed cycles to single versus double fresh embryo transfers. Reprod. Biomed. Online, 15 (2007), 742–748.
23. , , and , Attitudes of IVF/ICSI-twin mothers towards twins and single embryo transfer. Hum. Reprod., 18 (2003), 621–627.
24. , , , and , Factors affecting patients' attitudes towards single- and multiple-embryo transfer. Fertil. Steril., 87 (2007), 269–278.
25. , , et al., Women's emotional adjustment to IVF: a systematic review of 25 years of research. Hum. Reprod. Update, 13 (2007), 27–36.
26. , , et al., Attitudes towards and management of single embryo transfer among Nordic IVF doctors. Acta Obstet. Gynecol. Scand., 86 (2007), 1222–1230.
27. , , and , SF-36 Health Survey Manual and Interpretation Guide. (Boston, MA: New England Medical Center, The Health Institute, 1993).
28. and , SF-36 Hälsoenkät. Swedish Manual and Interpretation Guide. (Sektionen för vårdforskning, Medicinska fakulteten, Göteborgs Universitet och Sahlgrenska sjukhuset, 1994).
29. , Parenting Stress Index (PSI) – Manual. (Odessa, FL: Psychological Assessment Resources, Inc., 1990).
30. , and , A measure of parental stress in mothers with small children: dimensionality, stability and validity. Scand. J. Psychol., 38 (1997), 199–208.
31. , , et al., Economic evaluations of single versus double-embryo transfer in IVF. Hum. Reprod. Update, 13 (2007), 5–13.
32. , , et al., A real-life prospective health economic study of elective single embryo transfer versus two-embryo transfer in first IVF/ICSI cycles. Hum. Reprod., 19: 4 (2004), 917–923.
33. , , et al., Two cycles with single embryo transfer versus one cycle with double embryo transfer: a randomized controlled trial. Hum. Reprod., 20: 3 (2005), 702–708.
34. , , et al., Single versus double embryo transfer: cost-effectiveness analysis alongside a randomized trial. Hum. Reprod., 21 (2006), 2090–2097.