- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: April 2013
- Print publication year: 1996
- Online ISBN: 9780511661877
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511661877
This volume contains survey papers by the invited speakers at the Conference on Semigroup Theory and Its Applications which took place at Tulane University in April, 1994. The authors represent the leading areas of research in semigroup theory and its applications, both to other areas of mathematics and to areas outside mathematics. Included are papers by Gordon Preston surveying Clifford's work on Clifford semigroups and by John Rhodes tracing the influence of Clifford's work on current semigroup theory. Notable among the areas of application are the paper by Jean-Eric Pin on applications of other areas of mathematics to semigroup theory and the paper by the editors on an application of semigroup theory to theoretical computer science and mathematical logic. All workers in semigroup theory will find this volume invaluable.
Source: L'Enseignement Mathématique
Source: European Mathematical Society Newsletter
K. Auinger Source: International Mathematical News
P. A. Grillet - Tulane University
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.