- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: September 2011
- Print publication year: 2010
- Online ISBN: 9780511731983
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511731983
The biennial meetings at São Carlos have helped create a worldwide community of experts and young researchers working on singularity theory, with a special focus on applications to a wide variety of topics in both pure and applied mathematics. The tenth meeting, celebrating the 60th birthdays of Terence Gaffney and Maria Aparecida Soares Ruas, was a special occasion attracting the best known names in the area. This volume contains contributions by the attendees, including three articles written or co-authored by Gaffney himself, and survey articles on the existence of Milnor fibrations, global classifications and graphs, pairs of foliations on surfaces, and Gaffney's work on equisingularity.