1. , , et al. The placental bed biopsy: review from three European centers. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1986; 155: 401–12.
2. , . A study of the vessels of the placental bed in normotensive and hypertensive women. J Obstet Gynaecol Br Emp 1958; 65: 803–9.
3. . A study of the spiral arteries of the decidua basalis in normotensive and hypertensive pregnancies. J Obstet Gynaecol Br Cwth 1964; 71: 222–30.
4. , , . The physiological response of the vessels of the placental bed to normal pregnancy. J Pathol Bacteriol 1967; 93: 569–79.
5. , , . The role of the spiral arteries in the pathogenesis of preeclampsia. Obstet Gynecol Annu 1972; 1: 177–91.
6. , . On the pathogenesis of placental infarcts in pre-eclampsia. J Obstet Gynaecol Br Commonw 1972; 79: 794–9.
7. , , , . Inadequate maternal vascular response to placentation in pregnancies complicated by pre-eclampsia and by small-for-gestational age infants. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1986; 93: 1049–59.
8. , , , , . A study of placental bed spiral arteries and trophoblast invasion in normal and severe pre-eclamptic pregnancies. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1994; 101: 669–74.
9. , , et al. Placental bed spiral arteries in the hypertensive disorders of pregnancy. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1991; 98: 648–55.
10. , , et al. Renin-like immunoreactivity in uterus and placenta from normotensive and hypertensive pregnancies. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 1998; 81: 177–84.
11. , , et al. Failure of physiologic transformation of the spiral arteries in patients with preterm labor and intact membranes. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003; 189: 1063–9.
12. , , et al. The relation of increased uterine artery blood flow resistance and impaired trophoblast invasion in pre-eclamptic pregnancies. Arch Gynecol Obstet 2005; 272: 283–8.
13. , . The ultrastructure of the arterial supply of the human placenta in pregnancy complicated by fetal growth retardation. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1976; 83: 948–59.
14. , , . Fetal growth retardation and the arteries of the placental bed. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1977; 84: 656–63.
15. , , . Fetal growth retardation and the maternal arterial supply of the human placenta in the absence of sustained hypertension. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1980; 87: 678–85.
16. , . Vascular changes in the decidua associated with eclamptogenic toxemia of pregnancy. Am J Clin Pathol 1950; 20: 1099–109.
17. . Vascular pathology in hypertensive albuminuric toxemias of pregnancy. Clinics 1945; 4: 602–14.
18. , , . Decidual arteriopathy in hypertension and diabetes in pregnancy: immunofluorescent studies. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1981; 141: 773–9.
19. , . An ultrastructural study of utero-placental spiral arteries in hypertensive and normotensive pregnancy and fetal growth retardation. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1981; 88: 695–705.
20. , , . Maternal vascular lesions in placentae of small-for-gestational-age infants. Placenta 1985; 6: 265–76.
21. . Acute atherosis in pregnancies complicated by hypertension, small-for-gestational-age infants, and diabetes mellitus. Arch Pathol Lab Med 1991; 115: 722–5.
22. , , , . Decidual vasculopathy of the placenta in lupus erythematosus. N Engl J Med 1980; 303: 668–72.
23. , , et al. Decidual vasculopathy and extensive placental infarction in a patient with repeated thromboembolic accidents, recurrent fetal loss, and a lupus anticoagulant. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1982; 142: 829–34.
24. , , . Maternal vascular lesions in pre-eclampsia and intrauterine growth retardation: light microscopy and immunofluorescence. Placenta 1983; 4: 489–98.
25. , , . Morphology of myometrial and decidual arteries in normal pregnancy, in toxemia of pregnancy, and in maternal diabetes. Pathol Microbiol (Basel) 1975; 43: 38–61.
26. . The pathology of pregnancy complicated by diabetes mellitus. Med Clin N Am 1965; 49: 1053–67.
27. , , . Acute atherosis in preeclampsia: maternal determinants and fetal outcome in the presence of the lesion. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1987; 157: 360–3.
28. , , . Placental pathology in eclampsia and preeclampsia. Obstet Gynecol 1964; 24: 350–6.
29. , , . The relation of birthweight to histological appearances in vessels of the placental bed. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1986; 93: 476–81.
30. , , . The ultrastructure of acute atherosis in hypertensive pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1975; 123: 164–74.
31. , . Immunohistologic demonstration of endothelial disruption in acute atherosis in pre-eclampsia. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 1993; 51: 193–7.
32. , , , , . Immunohistochemical detection of lipoprotein(a) in the wall of placental bed spiral arteries in normal and severe preeclamptic pregnancies. Placenta 1994; 15: 511–24.
33. , , , . Pathological changes in placentas from pregnancies with preeclampsia and eclampsia with emphasis on persistence of endovascular trophoblastic plugs. Croat Med J 2005; 46: 404–9.
34. , . Spiral artery disease. In: , , , eds. Immunological obstetrics. New York: W.W. Norton; 1992: pp. 492–501.
35. , , , . Trophoblastic oxidative stress in relation to temporal and regional differences in maternal placental blood flow in normal and abnormal early pregnancies. Am J Pathol 2003; 162: 115–25.
36. , , . An immunohistologic study of endothelialization of uteroplacental vessels in human pregnancy – evidence that endothelium is focally disrupted by trophoblast in preeclampsia. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1992; 167: 751–6.
37. , . Alternative method of sampling placentas for the assessment of uteroplacental vasculature. J Clin Pathol 1992; 45: 925–7.
38. . The human placental bed revisited. Placenta 2002; 23: 555–62.
39. , . [Spiral arterioles in the decidua basalis in hypertensive complications of pregnancy.] Ned Tijdschr Verloskd Gynaecol 1963; 63: 103–18.
40. , , . Morphological changes of the spiral arteries in the placental bed in relation to pre-eclampsia and fetal growth retardation. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1981; 88: 876–81.
41. , , , , . Punch biopsy of the human placental bed. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002; 187: 1349–55.
42. , , , . The decidual suction method: a new way of collecting decidual tissue for functional and morphological studies. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2004; 83: 724–30.
43. , . The human placenta. Cambridge: Heffer and Sons; 1970.
44. . The utero-placental vessels at term: the distribution and extent of physiological changes. Trophoblast Res 1988; 3: 61–7.
45. , , , . The human placental bed: electron microscopic study of trophoblastic invasion of spiral arteries. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1980; 137: 58–70.
46. , , , , . Late sporadic miscarriage is associated with abnormalities in spiral artery transformation and trophoblast invasion. J Pathol 2006; 208: 535–42.
47. , , . Decidual spiral artery remodelling begins before cellular interaction with cytotrophoblasts. Placenta 1998; 19: 241–52.
48. , , . The myometrial junctional zone spiral arteries in normal and abnormal pregnancies: a review of the literature. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002; 187: 1416–23.
49. , , , , . A role for menstruation in preconditioning the uterus for successful pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2009; 200: 615.e1–615.e6.
50. , . Doppler flow measurements and histomorphology of the placental bed in uteroplacental insufficiency. J Perinat Med 1992; 20: 139–47.
51. , , , , . Uterine artery Doppler velocimetry in relation to trophoblast migration into the myometrium of the placental bed. Obstet Gynecol 1995; 85: 760–5.
52. , , , . The comparison of uterine artery Doppler velocimetry with the histopathology of the placental bed. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 1999; 39: 324–9.
53. , , , , . Uterine artery Doppler flow and uteroplacental vascular pathology in normal pregnancies and pregnancies complicated by pre-eclampsia and small for gestational age fetuses. Placenta 2001; 22: 405–11.
54. , , , , . Histomorphology of the placenta and the placental bed of growth restricted foetuses and correlation with the Doppler velocimetries of the uterine and umbilical arteries. Placenta 2003; 24: 510–6.
55. , , , , . Spiral artery blood flow in the central and peripheral areas of the placental bed in the second trimester. Obstet Gynecol 1995; 86: 289–92.
56. , , , . Color Doppler ultrasound of spiral artery blood flow for prediction of hypertensive disorders and intra uterine growth restriction: a longitudinal study. Prenat Diagn 2007; 27: 1011–6.