- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: August 2010
- Print publication year: 1976
- Online ISBN: 9780511760020
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511760020
The Physics of Metals is an advanced treatise written by a team of experts. It presents an authoritative account of selected topics in a major field of modern physics and will prove indispensable to both experimental and theoretical solid state physicists and metallurgists seeking a clear explanation of the state of knowledge of the physical phenomena occurring in metals, without recourse to elaborate mathematics. The whole work was inspired by the desire to honour Sir Nevill Mott by writing an account of some of the topics treated in Mott and Jones's classic work The Theory of the Properties of Metals and Alloys.