1. , , , Prevalence of postherpetic neuralgia after a first episode of herpes zoster: prospective study with long term follow up. Br Med J 2000;321:794–6.
2. , , , et al. Patient perspective on herpes zoster and its complications: an observational prospective study in patients aged over 50 years in general practice. Pain 2012;153:342–9.
3. , , , et al. Prevalence and impact on quality of life of peripheral neuropathy with or without neuropathic pain in type 1 and type 2 diabetic patients attending hospital outpatients clinics. Diabetes Metab 2009;35(3):206–13.
4. , , , The prevalence, severity, and impact of painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy in type 2 diabetes. Diabetes Care 2006;29:1518–22.
5. , , , et al. Chronic painful peripheral neuropathy in an urban community: a controlled comparison of people with and without diabetes. Diabet Med 2004;21:976–82.
6. , , , et al. Prevalence of and factors associated with persistent pain following breast cancer surgery. J Am Med Assoc 2009;302(18):1985–92.
7. , , , et al. A prospective study of neuropathic pain induced by thoracotomy: incidence, clinical description, and diagnosis. Pain 2011;152(1):74–81.
8. , , Persistent postsurgical pain: risk factors and prevention. Lancet 2006;367:1618–25.
9. , Postamputation pain. In , , Eds. Handbook of Clinical Neurology, Vol. 81: Pain. Amsterdam: Elsevier; 2006, pp. 679–86.
10. , , , et al. A review of chronic pain after inguinal herniorrhaphy. Clin J Pain 2003;19:48–54.
11. , , Pain syndromes in multiple sclerosis. Neurology 1988;38(12):1830–4.
12. , , , et al. PaIMS Study Group. The prevalence of pain in multiple sclerosis: a multicenter cross-sectional study. Neurology 2004;63(5):919–21.
13. , , , et al. Pain in patients with multiple sclerosis: a population-based study. Arch Neurol 2003;60:1089–94.
14. , , Central pain in multiple sclerosis – prevalence and clinical characteristics. Eur J Pain 2005;9:531–42.
15. , , , et al. Pain and quality of life in the early stages after multiple sclerosis diagnosis: a 2-year longitudinal study. Clin J Pain 2009;25:211–17.
16. , , , A longitudinal study of the prevalence and characteristics of pain in the first 5 years following spinal cord injury. Pain 2003;103:249–57.
17. , , , , Pain report and the relationship of pain to physical factors in the first 6 months following spinal cord injury. Pain 1999;81:187–97.
18. , , , Incidence of central post-stroke pain. Pain 1995;61:187–93.
19. , , , Central poststroke pain: a population-based study. Pain 2011;152(4):818–24.
20. , , , et al. First evidence of oncologic neuropathic pain prevalence after screening 8615 cancer patients. Results of the ON study. Ann Oncol 2011;22(4):924–30.
21. , , , , Neuropathic pain features in patients with bone metastases referred for palliative radiotherapy. J Clin Oncol 2010;28(33):4892–7.
22. Neurogenic pain syndromes and their management. Br Med Bull 1991;47:644–66.
23. , , , et al. Advances in neuropathic pain: diagnosis, mechanisms, and treatment recommendations. Arch Neurol 2003;60:1524–34.
24. Contemporary assessment and management of neuropathic pain. Neurology 2005;64(Suppl 3):S21–7.
25. , Diagnosis and assessment of neuropathic pain: the saga of clinical tools. Pain 2011;152(3 Suppl):S74–83.
26. The LANSS Pain Scale: the Leeds assessment of neuropathic symptoms and signs. Pain 2001;92:147–57.
27. , , , The S-LANSS score for identifying pain of predominantly neuropathic origin: validation for use in clinical and postal research. J Pain 2005;6:149–58.
28. , , , The epidemiology of chronic pain of predominantly neuropathic origin. Results from a general population survey. J Pain 2006;7:281–9.
29. , , , , Prevalence of chronic pain with neuropathic characteristics in the general population. Pain 2008;136:380–7.
30. , , , et al. Comparison of pain syndromes associated with nervous or somatic lesions and development of a new neuropathic pain diagnostic questionnaire (DN4). Pain 2005;114:29–36.
31. , , , et al. Prevalence of self-reported neuropathic pain and impact on quality of life : a prospective representative survey. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand 2008;52:132–6.
32. , , The prevalence and impact of chronic pain with neuropathic pain symptoms in the general population. Pain Med 2009;10:918–29.
33. , , , et al. Neuropathic pain: redefinition and a grading system for clinical and research purposes. Neurology 2008;70:1630–5.
34. , , , Pain clinic patients in northern Britain. The Pain Clinic 1992;5:129–35.
35. , , , , Assessment of cancer pain: a prospective evaluation in 2266 cancer patients referred to a pain service. Pain 1996;64:107–14.
36. , , , , Incidence rates and treatment of neuropathic pain conditions in the general population. Pain 2008;137:681–8.
37. , , , The burden of neuropathic pain: a systematic review and meta-analysis of health utilities. Pain 2010;149:338–44.
38. , , , , Cross-sectional evaluation of patient functioning and health-related quality of life in patients with neuropathic pain under standard care conditions. Eur J Pain 2007;11:244–55.
39. , , , , Burden of illness in painful diabetic peripheral neuropathy: the patients’ perspectives. J Pain 2006;7:892–900.
40. , , , , Clinical characteristics and pain management among patients with painful peripheral neuropathic disorders in general practice settings. Eur J Pain 2007;11:652–64.
41. , , The impact of neuropathic pain on health-related quality of life: review and implications. Neurology 2007;68:1178–82.
42. , , , , The burden of neuropathic pain: results from a cross-sectional survey. Eur J Pain 2006;10:127–35.
43. , , , et al. Peripheral neuropathic pain – a multidimensional burden for patients. Eur J Pain 2001;5:379–89.
44. , , , Health and quality of life associated with chronic pain of predominantly neuropathic origin in the community. Clin J Pain 2007;23:143–9.
45. , , , , The specific disease burden of neuropathic pain: results of a French nationwide survey. Pain 2011;152:2836–43.
46. , , , Medication and treatment use in primary care patients with chronic pain of predominantly neuropathic origin. Fam Pract 2007;24:481–5.