1. . Giebt es central antstehender Schmerzen?Dtsch Z Nervenheilk 1891;1:262–82.
2. , . Le syndrome thalamique. Rev Neurol (Paris) 1906;14:521–32.
3. . Post-stroke pain case study: clinical characteristics, therapeutic options and long term followup. Eur J Neurol 2004;11 (S1):22–30.
4. , , , et al. Incidence of central post-stroke pain. Pain 1995;61:187–93.
5. , , , et al. Long term pain condition after stroke. J Rehab Med 2002;34:165–70.
6. , , . Prevalence of chronic pain and its impact on health-related quality of life in stroke survivors. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2004;85:35–40.
7. , , , et al. The prevalence of joint contractures, pressure sores, painful shoulders, other pain, falls and depression in the year after a severely disabling stroke. Stroke 2008;39:3329–34.
8. , , , et al. Neuropathic pain: redefinition and a grading system for clinical and research purposes. Neurology 2008;70:1630–5.
9. , , , et al. Prevalence and intensity of pain after stroke: a population-based study focusing on patients’ perspectives. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2006;77:590–5.
10. . Prevalence and predictors of pain and fatigue after stroke: a population-based study. Int J Rehabil Res 2006;29:329–33.
11. . Stroke and central post-stroke pain in an elderly population. J Pain 2001;2:258–61.
12. , , , et al. Central poststroke pain: a population-based study. Pain 2011;152:818–24.
13. , . Central pain of brain origin: epidemiology and clinical features. In Central Pain Syndrome: Pathophysiology, Diagnosis and Management. 1st edition. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press; 2007, pp. 9–99.
14. , , . Central post-stroke pain: clinical characteristics, pathophysiology and management. Lancet Neurol 2009;8:857–68.
15. , , , et al. Central poststroke pain: a review of pathophysiology and treatment. Pain Med 2009;108:1645–57.
16. , , . Amitriptyline in the prophylaxis of central poststroke pain: preliminary results of 39 patients in a placebo-controlled, long term study. Stroke 2002;33:3030–2.
17. . Central post-stroke pain or paresthesia in lenticulocapsular hemorrhages. Neurology 2003;61:679–82.
18. , , , et al. Central poststroke pain and Wallenberg’s lateral medullary infarction: frequency, character and determinants in 63 patients. Neurology 1997;49:120–55.
19. , . Sensory disturbances from cerebral lesions. Brain 1911;34:102–254.
20. , , . The history of central pain syndrome with observations concerning pathophysiology and treatment. In , ed. Pain and Central Nervous System Disease: The Central Pain Syndromes. New York, NY: Raven Press; 1991, pp. 31–58.
21. . Identification of pain processing systems by electrical stimulation of the brain. Human Neurobiol 1982;1:261–72.
22. , , , et al. The prevalence of central poststroke pain according to the integrity of the spino-thalamo-cortical pathway. Eur Neurol 2012;61:12–17.
23. , . Central post-stroke pain: current evidence. J Neurol Sci 2009;284:10–17.
24. , , . The evidence for pharmacological treatment of neuropathic pain. Pain 2010;150:573–81.
25. , . Central post-stroke pain – a controlled trial of amitriptyline and carbamazepine. Pain 1989;36:27–36.
26. , , . Treatment of central post-stroke pain with a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor. Eur J Neurol 1996;3 (Suppl 5):169.
27. , , , et al. Reduction of central poststroke pain with the selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor fluvoxamine. Int J Neurosci 2002;112:1173–81.
28. , , , et al. Pregabalin in patients with central neuropathic pain: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial of a flexible-dose regimen. Pain 2008;136:150–7.
29. , , , et al. Safety and efficacy of pregabalin in patients with central post-stroke pain. Pain 2011;152:1018–23.
30. . Neuropathic pain study group. Gabapentin in neuropathic pain syndromes: a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Pain 2002;99:557–66.
31. , , , et al. Levetiracetam in patients with central neuropathic post-stroke pain – a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Eur J Neurol 2013;20:331–7
32. , , , et al. Lamotrigine for central poststroke pain: a randomized controlled trial. Neurology 2001;56:184–90.
33. , , , et al. Oral opioid therapy for chronic peripheral and central neuropathic pain. N Engl J Med 2003;348:1223–32.
34. , , , et al. Effects of IV morphine in central pain: a randomized placebo-controlled study. Neurology 2002;58:554–63.
35. , , , et al. Intravenous lidocaine in central pain: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, psychophysical study. Neurology 2000;54:564–74.
36. , . Intravenous subhypnotic propofol in central pain: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, crossover study. Clin Neuropharmacol 2004;27:182–6.
37. , , , et al. Dextromethorphan for the treatment of neuropathic pain: a double-blind randomized controlled crossover trial with integral n-of-1 design. Pain 1994;59:127–33.
38. , , , et al. A double blind trial of naloxone in central post stroke pain. Pain 1992;48:159–62.
39. , , , et al. Long-lasting antalgic effects of daily sessions of respective transcranial magnetic stimulation in central and peripheral neuropathic pain. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2005;76:833–8.
40. , , , et al. Neurogenic pain relief by repetitive transcranial magnetic cortical stimulation depends on the origin and the site of pain. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2004;75:612–16.
41. , , , et al. Increased regional cerebral blood flow in the contralateral thalamus after successful motor cortex stimulation in a patient with poststroke pain. J Neurosurg 2004;100:935–9.
42. , , , et al. Motor cortex stimulation for post-stroke pain: comparison of spinal cord and thalamic stimulation. Stereotac Funct Neurosurg 2001;77:183–6.
43. , , , et al. Motor cortex stimulation for central and peripheral deafferentation pain: report of eight cases. J Neurosurg 2000;92:150–5.
44. , , , et al. EFNS guidelines on neurostimulation therapy for neuropathic pain. Eur J Neurol 2007;14:952–70.
45. , , , et al. Deep brain stimulation for the alleviation of post-stroke neuropathic pain. Pain 2006;120:202–6.
46. , , , et al. rTMS for suppressing neuropathic pain: a meta-analysis. J Pain 2009;10:1205–16.
47. , . Motor cortex stimulation for chronic pain: systematic review and meta-analysis of the literature. Neurology 2008;70:2329–37.