1. , , Non-detection of depression by primary care physicians reconsidered. Gen Hosp Psychiatry 1995; 17:3–12.
2. , , The National Depressive and Manic-Depressive Association consensus statement on the undertreatment of depression. JAMA 1997; 277:333–40.
3. , Psychiatric comorbidity in chronic epilepsy: identification, consequences, and treatment of major depression. Epilepsia 2000; 41 Suppl 2:S31–41.
4. . Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, Fifth Edition. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Association, 2013.
5. The Neuroscience of Clinical Psychiatry. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2007: 227–37.
6. , , et al. Consensus statement: the evaluation and treatment of people with epilepsy and affective disorders. Epilepsy Behav 2008; 13:S1–29.
7. Bipolar disoder: recent issues in diagnosis and classification. J Clin Psychiatry 1998; 59 (Suppl 6):5–10.
8. , , et al. Deep brain stimulation for treatment resistant depression. Neuron 2005; 45:651–60.
9. , , The association of depression and anxiety with medical symptom burden in patients with chronic medical illness. Gen Hosp Psychiatry 2007; 29:147–55.
10. , Beck Depression Inventory. In , Ed. Handbook of Psychiatric Measures. Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Press, 2000: 519–23.
11. , , et al. Rapid detection of major depression in epileptics, a multicenter study. Lancet Neurol 2006; 5:399–405.
12. , , , , Anxiety disorders, sybsyndromic depressive episodes, and major depressive episodes: do they differ on their impact on the quality of life of patients with epilepsy? Epilepsia 2010; 51:1152–67.
13. , , Mortality over four decades after traumatic brain injury rehabilitation: a retrospective cohort study. Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2009; 90:1506–13.
14. , , . Depression and Brain Dysfunction. New York, NY: Taylor & Francis, 2006.
15. , , , , Suicide in patients with stroke: a population-based study of suicide victims during the years 1988–2007 in northern Finland. J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 2010; 22:182–7.
16. , , et al. Depressogenic effects of medications: review. Dialog Clin Neurosci 2011; 13:109–25.
17. , , , . Levetiracetam monotherapy – outcomes from an epilepsy clinic. Seizure 2011; 20:554–7.
18. , , Eds. Goodman and Gilman's The Pharmacological Basis of Therapeutics, 6th edn. New York, NY: Macmillan, 1980.
19. Depression as a side effect of the contraception pill. Expert Opin Drug Saf 2007; 6:371–4.
20. , . Do benzodiazepines cause depression? Hosp Community Psychiatry 1991; 42:1101–2.
21. , , Eds. Comprehensive Textbook of Psychiatry. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, 2005.
22. . Akathisia, panic, agoraphobia, and major depression following brief exposure to metoclopramide. Psychopharmacol Bull 2002; 36:82–93.
23. , , . Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, 17th edn. San Francisco, CA: McGraw Hill, 2008.
24. , , , Eds. Clinical Handbook of Psychotropic Drugs. Boston, MA: Hogrefe & Huber, 2007.
25. , . Netter's Internal Medicine. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2009.
26. . Organic Psychiatry, 2nd edn. Palo Alto, CA: Blackwell Scientific, 1987.
27. , , Eds. Neuropsychiatry and Behavioral Neuroscience. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing, 2008.
28. , . Neurotoxic effects of organophosphorus insecticides. An intermediate syndrome. N Engl J Med. 1987; 316:761.
29. , Ed. Textbook of Psychosomatic Medicine. Arlington, VA: American Psychiatric Publishing, 2005.
30. . Clinical Neurology for Psychiatrists, 7th edn. Philadelphia, PA: Saunders, 2007.
31. , , , . Neurology in Clinical Practice, 5th edn. Philadelphia, PA: Butterworth Heinemann, 2008.
32. , , , Affective disorders in epilepsy. In , , Eds. Psychiatric Issues in Epilepsy: A Practical Guide to Diagnosis and Treatment. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott Williams & Williams, 2007: 203–47.