1. , , , et al. Intraoperative microvascular Doppler sonography in aneurysm surgery. Neurosurgery 1997;40:965–72.
, , , et al. American Society of Neurophysiologic Monitoring (ASNM) and American Society of Neuroimaging (ASN) Joint Guidelines for Transcranial Doppler (TCD) Ultrasonic Monitoring. www.ASNM.org
, January 25, 2009
3. , Vasomotor reactivity and pattern of collateral blood flow in severe occlusive carotid artery disease. Stroke 1996:27;296–99.
4. , , , et al. Effects of cardiopulmonary bypass on cerebral blood flow in neonates, infants, and children. Circulation 1989;80:I209–15.
5. , , , et al. Dynamic cerebral autoregulation and beat to beat blood pressure control are impaired in acute ischaemic stroke. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 2002;72:467–72.
6. , Applications in the neonate and child. In , (eds.). Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography, 2nd ed. Oxford: Butterworth-Heineman, 1993, pp. 355–75.
7. , Cerebrovascular developmental anatomy and physiology in the infant and child. In , (eds.). Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography, 2nd ed. Oxford: Butterworth-Heineman, 1993, pp. 281–320.
8. Transmission of ultrasound through the temporal bone. In (ed.), Transcranial Doppler Sonography. New York: Springer-Verlag, 1986, pp. 10–21.
9. , Basic transcranial Doppler examination: technique and anatomy. In , (eds.). Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography. St. Louis: Mosby, 1993, pp. 11–28.
10. , , , et al. Intraoperative transcranial Doppler: limitations of the method. Vasc Surg 1989:10;549–53.
11. , , , et al. Cerebral emboli during cardiac surgery in children. Anesthesiology 1997;87:1063–9.
12. , Transcranial Doppler ultrasonography in raised intracranial pressure and in intracranial circulatory arrest. J Neurosurg 1988;68:745–50.
13. , , , et al. Surgical decompression for traumatic brain swelling: indications and results. J Neurosurg 1999;90:187–96.
14. , Anatomy and free-hand examination techniques. In , (eds.). Transcranial Doppler. New York: Raven Press, 1992, pp. 9–31.
15. , , Normal values and physiological variables. In , (eds.). Transcranial Doppler. New York: Raven Press, 1992, pp. 41–48.
16. , , Transcranial Doppler guides emboli reduction during myocardial revascularization. Stroke 1998;29:2237.
17. , , Relation between middle cerebral artery blood flow-velocity and sump pressure during carotid endarterectomy. Stroke 1992;23:1439–45.
18. , al- , , et al. Comparison of measurement of stump pressure and transcranial measurement of flow-velocity in the middle cerebral artery in carotid surgery. Ann Vasc Surg 1994;8:225–31.
19. Risks and benefits of shunting in carotid endarterectomy. The International Transcranial Doppler Collaborators. Stroke 1992;23:1583–7.
20. Monitoring blood flow velocity in the middle cerebral artery during carotid endarterectomy. In , (eds.). Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography. St. Louis: Mosby, 1993, pp. 216–21.
21. Transcranial Doppler ultrasound for cerebral perfusion. Acta Physiologica Scand 1995;625 [supplement]:1–44.
22. Transcranial Doppler monitoring and causes of stroke from carotid endarterectomy. Stroke 1997;28;685–91.
23. , , Neurovascular monitoring during carotid endarterectomy. In , (eds.), Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonography, 2nd ed. Boston: Butterworth-Heinemann, 1999, pp. 231–45.
24. , , et al. Prediction of tolerance to carotid artery occlusion using transcranial Doppler ultrasound. J Neurosurg 1994;81:15–19.
25. , , , et al. Preoperative risk assessment for carotid occlusion by transcranial Doppler ultrasound. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry 1997;62:485–9.
26. Protective effect of neuromonitoring during cardiac surgery. Ann NY Acad Sci 2005;1053:12–19.
27. , , , et al. The role of neuromonitoring in cardiovascular surgery. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 1996;10:15–23.
28. , , , et al. Neurophysiological monitoring to assure delivery of retrograde cerebral perfusion. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1997;113:748–57.
29. , , , et al. Determination of cerebral blood flow dynamics during retrograde cerebral perfusion using power M-mode transcranial Doppler. Ann Thorac Surg 2003;76:704–9.
30. , , , et al. Neurological monitoring for congenital heart surgery. Anesth Analg 2004;99:1365–75.
31. , , , Cerebral hemodynamics in neonates and infants undergoing cardiopulmonary bypass and profound hypothermic circulatory arrest: assessment by transcranial Doppler sonography. Anesth Analg 1991;72:723–8.
32. , Effect of contrast material, hypercapnia, hyperventilation, hypertonic glucose and papaverine on the diameter of the cerebral arteries: Angiographic determination in man. Invest Radiol 1967;2:17–32.
33. , , , The limits of detectable cerebral perfusion by transcranial Doppler sonography in neonates undergoing deep hypothermic low-flow cardiopulmonary bypass. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1997;114:594–600.
34. , , , Jr. Novel cerebral physiologic monitoring to guide low-flow cerebral perfusion during neonatal aortic arch reconstruction. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2003;125:491–9.
35. , , et al. Cerebral microembolus generation in different extracorporeal circulation systems. Cerebrovasc Dis 1999;9:265–9.
36. , III, , Jr. Role of neuromonitoring in the detection and correction of cerebral air embolism. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2003;126:589–91.
37. Detection of embolism with Doppler ultrasound: a review. Echocardiography 1996;13:519–27.
38. High intensity transcranial signals (HITS): a questionable “jackpot” for the prediction of stroke risk. J Heart Valve Dis 1994;3:124–5.
39. , 9th International Cerebral Hemodynamics Symposium. Basic identification criteria for Doppler microembolic signals. Stroke 1995;26:1123.
40. , , , et al. Cerebral microembolism during carotid endarterectomy. Am J Surg 1995;170:159–64.
41. , Automatic online embolus detection and artifact rejection with the first multi-frequency transcranial Doppler. Stroke 2002;33:1969–74.
42. , , , et al. Carotid endarterectomy with transcranial Doppler and electroencephalographic monitoring: a prospective study in 130 operations. Stroke 1993;24:665–9.
43. , , , et al. Beneficial effects of clopidogrel combined with aspirin in reducing cerebral emboli in patients undergoing carotid endarterectomy. Circulation 2004;109:1476–81.
44. , , , et al. Emboli and neuropsychological outcome following cardiopulmonary bypass. Echocardiography 1996;13:555–8.
45. , , , et al. Transcranial Doppler detection of microemboli in prosthetic heart valve patients: dependency upon valve type. Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 1996;10:253–7.
46. , , , et al. Microemboli during coronary artery bypass grafting: genesis and effect on outcome. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1995;109:249–58.
47. , , , et al. Comparison of cerebral embolization during off-pump and on-pump coronary artery bypass surgery. Ann Thorac Surg 2003;76:765–70.
48. , , , et al. Cerebral microembolism during transcatheter closure of patent foramen ovale. J. Neurol 2004;251:825–9.
49. , , Switching off embolization from symptomatic carotid plaque using S-nitrosoglutathione. Circulation 2002;105:1480–4.
50. , Occurrence and clinical impact of microembolic signals during or after cardiosurgical procedures. Stroke 2008;39:503–11.
51. , , , et al. Intraoperative cerebral high-intensity transient signals and postoperative cognitive function: a systematic review. Am J Surg 2009;197:55–63.
52. III, , . Benefit of neurophysiologic monitoring for pediatric cardiac surgery. J Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 1997;114:707–17.
53. Optimization of exposure conditions for medical ultrasound. Ultrasound Med Biol 1985;11:245–60.
54. , , , Diagnostic criteria for transcranial doppler ultrasound. In , (eds.). Diagnostic Ultrasound, 2nd ed. New York: Informa Healthcare, 2008, pp. 543–5.
55. Jr, , , , American Society of Neurophysiologic Monitoring and American Society of Neuroimaging Joint Guidelines for Transcranial Doppler Ultrasonic Monitoring. J Neuroimaging. 2010 Mar 17. [Epub ahead of print].