1. Diagnosing miscarriage. Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology
2. Early pregnancy loss. Practice Bulletin No. 150. American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists. Obstet Gynecol
3. Bed rest during pregnancy for preventing miscarriage. Cochrane Database Syst Rev
2005;(2):CD003576., , ,
4. Vitamin supplementation for preventing miscarriage. Cochrane Database Syst Rev
5. Progesterone for preventing miscarriage. Cochrane Database Syst Rev
6. Fetal death. Obstet Gynecol
7. National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence. Ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage: diagnosis and initial management in early pregnancy of ectopic pregnancy and miscarriage. NICE Clinical Guideline 154. Manchester (UK); NICE; 2012. Available at www.nice.org.uk/guidance/cg154/resources/guidance-ectopic-pregnancy-and-miscarriage-pdf. (Accessed on Jan 18, 2016).
8. Spontaneous abortion. Complete guide to oral boards, Obstet Gynecol
2011:271–3., , , ,
9. Evaluation and treatment of recurrent pregnancy loss: a committee opinion. Practice Committee of the American Society for Reproductive Medicine. Fertil Steril
10. Progesterone for recurrent miscarriage: truth and deceptions. Best Prac Resear Clin Obstet Gynaecol
11. Effects of exposure to environmental tobacco smoke on reproductive health. Scand J Work Environ Health
2002;28(Suppl 2):84–6., ,
12. Cocaine and tobacco use and the risk of spontaneous abortion. N Eng J Med
1999;340:333–9., , et al.
13. Moderate alcohol intake in pregnancy and the risk of spontaneous abortions. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol
1991;39:31–6., , et al.
14. Early pregnancy failure: beware of the pitfalls of modern management. Fertil Steril
15. Transvaginal sonography in the evaluation of normal early pregnancy; correlation with hCG level. AJR Am J Roentgenol
1989;153:75–9., , , , ,
16. Evaluation of normal gestational sac growth: appearance of embryonic heartbeat and embryo body movements using the transvaginal technique. Obstet Gynecol
1991;77:885–8., , , ,
17. Intradecidual sign: a US criterion of early intrauterine pregnancy. Radiology
1986;161:463–7., , ,
18. Double sac sign and intradecidual sign in early pregnancy: interobserver reliability and frequency of occurrence. J Ultrasound Med
19. Intrauterine psuedogestational sac in ectopic pregnancy. J Clin Ultrasound
20. Decidual cyst: endovaginal sonographic signs of ectopic pregnancy. Radiology
1993;189:727–31., , , , ,
21. Diagnosis of early embryonic demise by endovaginal sonography. J Ultrasound Med
1990;9:631–6., , , ,
22. Prospective comparison of vaginal and abdominal sonography in normal early pregnancy. J Ultrasound Med
1991;10:63–7., , et al.
23. Diagnostic criteria for nonviable pregnancy early in the first trimester. Society of Radiologists in Ultrasound Multispecialty Panel on Early First Trimester Diagnosis of Miscarriage and Exclusion of a Viable Intrauterine Pregnancy. N Engl J Med
2013;369:1443–51., , et al.
24. Long-term prognosis of pregnancies complicated by slow embryonic heart rates in the early first trimester. J Ultrasound Med
25. Perinatal outcomes in women with subchorionic hematoma: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Obstet Gynecol
2011;117:1205–12., , , ,
26. Symptomatic patients with an early viable intrauterine pregnancy: hCG curves redefined. Obstet Gynecol
2004;104:50–5., , , , ,
27. What serial hCG can tell you, and cannot tell you, about an early pregnancy. Fertil Steril
28. Decline of serum human chorionic gonadotropin and spontaneous complete abortion: defining the normal curve. Obstet Gynecol
2004;104:975–81., , , , ,
29. Defining the curve when initial levels of human chorionic gonadotropin in patients with spontaneous abortions are low. Fertil Steril
2006;85:508–10., , , , ,
30. Discriminatory hCG zone: its use in the sonographic evaluation for ectopic pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol
31. Vaginal sonography versus serum human chorionic gonadotropin in early detection of pregnancy. Am J Obstet Gynecol
32. Vaginal sonography findings and hCG dynamics of early intrauterine and tubal pregnancies. Obstet Gynecol
1990;75:421–7., Jr, , III,
33. Outcome of expectant management of spontaneous first trimester miscarriage: observational study. Br Med J
2002;324:873–5., , , , , .
34. A comparison of medica management with misoprostol and surgical management for early pregnancy failure. National Institute of Child Health Human Development (NICHD) Management of Early Pregnancy Failure Trial. N Engl J Med
2005;353:761–9., , , , ,
35. Medical treatments for incomplete miscarriage. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews
):Art. No.:CD007223. doi: 10.1002/14651858.CD007223.pub3., , , ,
36. Curettage and asherman's syndrome: lessons to (re-) learn?
J Obstet Gynaecol Canada
37. Williams Gynecology, 2nd ed. New York: McGraw-Hill; 2012., , et al. Chapter 41. Surgeries for benign gynecologic conditions. In: , , et al., eds.
38. US medical eligibility criteria for contraceptive use, 2010. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). MMWR Recomm Rep
39. Immediate versus delayed IUD insertion after uterine aspiration. Post-aspiration IUD randomization (PAIR) study trial group. N Engl J Med
2011;364:2208–17., , , , ,
40. World Health Organization. Report of a WHO technical consultation on birth spacing, 2005. Available at: www.who.int/maternal_child_adolescent/documents/birth_spacing.pdf. (Accessed Feb 13, 2016).
41. The effect of short interpregnancy interval and pregnancy outcomes following pregnancy loss
Am J Obstet Gynecol
42. consecutive or non-consecutive recurrent miscarriage: is there any difference in carrier status?
2010;25:1411–4., , et al.
43. Recurrent miscarriage. Lancet
44. Recurrent pregnancy loss: etiology, diagnosis, and therapy. Rev Obstet Gynecol
45. Reproductive outcomes in women with uterine anomalies. J Women's Health
46. Clinical implications of uterine malformations and hysteroscopic treatment results. Hum Reprod Update
2001;7:161–74., , et al.
47. Fibroids, infertility, and pregnancy wastage. Hum Reprod Update
48. Polycystic ovaries and recurrent miscarriage: a reappraisal. Hum Reprod
2000;15:612–15., , ,
49. Pregnancy outcomes among women with polycystic ovary syndrome treated metformin. Hum Reprod
2002;17:2858–64., , ,
50. Mild thyroid abnormalities and recurrent spontaneous abortion: diagnostic and therapeutical approach. Am J Reprod Immunol
2000;43:204–8., , et al.
51. Role of hemostatic gene polymorphisms in venous and arteria thrombotic disease. Blood
52. Progestogen for preventing miscarriage. Cochrane Database Sys Rev
53. Recurrent miscarriage: an aspirin a day?
2000;15:2220–23., , , et al.
54. Etiologic factors and subsequent reproductive performance in 195 couples with a prior history of habitual abortion. Am J Obstet Gynecol