- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: April 2010
- Print publication year: 1998
- Online ISBN: 9780511666131
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511666131
This volume reflects the fruitful connections between group theory and topology. It contains articles on cohomology, representation theory, geometric and combinatorial group theory. Some of the world's best known figures in this very active area of mathematics have made contributions, including substantial articles from Ol'shanskii, Mikhajlovskii, Carlson, Benson, Linnell, Wilson and Grigorchuk, which will be valuable reference works for some years to come. Pure mathematicians working in the fields of algebra, topology, and their interactions, will find this book of great interest.