- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: August 2010
- Print publication year: 2010
- Online ISBN: 9780511770708
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9780511770708
Genetic syndromes and neurodevelopmental disorders that have a genetic basis are associated with cognitive and academic disabilities. Genes, Brain and Development reviews the connections between genes, brain, and behavior for a range of genetic disorders, and also considers lifespan and treatment issues. The content further explores what is known about development in neurogenetic disorders, particularly in the domains of language and mathematics, and shows how this knowledge is pertinent to understanding both these specific disorders, and disorders of language and math more generally. This will be essential reading for a wide range of brain scientists and developmental clinicians, including neuropsychologists, cognitive psychologists, neurologists, psychiatrists, pediatricians, neuroscientists and geneticists.
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.