1. , , , et al. Prevalence and detection of delirium in elderly emergency department patients. CMAJ. 2000;163:8.
2. . Delirium in older persons. N Engl J Med. 2006;354:11.
3. , , , et al. Evaluation of the confusion assessment method (CAM) as a screening tool for delirium in the emergency room. Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2001;23:20.
4. . The dilemma of delirium: clinical and research controversies regarding diagnosis and evaluation of delirium in hospitalized elderly medical patients. Am J Med. 1994;97:3.
5. , . Delirium and dementia. In , , (Eds.), Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Health Science, 2006.
6. , , , et al. Computed tomography scanning and delirium in elder patients. Acad Emerg Med. 1997;4:1107.
7. , . Heat stroke. N Engl J Med. 2002;346:25.
8. , , , et al. Out of the cold: management of hypothermia and frostbite. CMAJ. 2003;168:3.
9. , . Diagnosis and treatment of hypothermia. Am Fam Physician. 2004;12:70.
10. , , . Electrocardiographic manifestations of hypothermia. Am J Emerg Med. 2002;20:4.
11. , . Management of drug and alcohol withdrawal. N Engl J Med. 2003;248:18.
12. , . An approach to drug induced delirium in the elderly. Postgrad Med. 2004;80:388.
13. , . Use of risperidone in delirium: case reports. Ann Clin Psychiatry. 1997;9:105.
14. , , , et al. Management of alcohol withdrawal delirium. Arch Intern Med. 2004;164:13.
15. . A model for predicting alcohol withdrawal delirium. Psychiatr Serv. 2001;52:820.
16. . Cocaine abuse. Ann Int Med. 1993;119:3.
17. , , . Cocaine-associated agitated delirium and the neuroleptic malignant syndrome. Am J Emerg Med. 1996;14:425.
18. , , . Methamphetamines and the expanding complications of amphetamines. West J Med. 1999;170:214.
19. , , . Cognitive and other adverse effects of diphenhydramine use in hospitalized older patients. Arch Int Med. 2001;161:2091.
20. , , , et al. Management of hyperglycemic crises in patients with diabetes. Diabetes Care. 2001;24:1.
21. , , , et al. Diagnosis and treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis and the hyperglycemic hyperosmolar state. Can Med Assoc J. 2003;168:7.
22. , , et al. Deaths final data for 2004. National Vital Statistics Report. 2007;55:19.
23. , , , . The spectrum of septic encephalopathy. Definitions, etiologies, and mortalities. JAMA. 1996;275(6):470–473.
24. , , , et al. Early goal directed therapy in the treatment of severe sepsis and septic shock. N Engl J Med. 2001;345:19.
25. , , , et al. Clinical features and prognostic factors in adults with bacterial meningitis. N Engl J Med. 2004;351:18.
26. , , , et al. The diagnostic accuracy of Kernig's sign, Brudzinski's sign and nuchal rigidity in adults with suspected meningitis. Clin Infect Dis. 2002;35:1.
27. , , . Community acquired bacterial meningitis: risk stratification for adverse clinical outcome and effect on antibiotic timing. Ann Intern Med. 1998;129:862.
28. , . Dexamethasone in adults with bacterial meningitis. N Engl J Med. 2002;347:20.
29. , , . Stroke. In , , (Eds.), Rosen's Emergency Medicine: Concepts and Clinical Practice. 7th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Health Science, 2006.
30. , , , et al. The course of delirium in acute stroke. Age Ageing. 2009;38:4.
31. , , , et al. Guidelines for the early management of adults with ischemic stroke. Circulation. 2007;115:478.
32. , , , et al. Predicting abnormal coagulation in ischemic stroke: reducing delay in rt-PA use. Neurology. 2006;67:9.
33. , , , et al. Acute confusional state as presenting feature in aneurysmal subarachnoid hemorrhage: frequency and characteristics. J Neurol. 2000;247:112.