1. , . Assessment of left ventricular global and segmental systolic function with transesophageal echocardiography. Anesthesiol Clin 2006; 24: 755–62.
2. , , , . ACCF/ASE/ACEP/ASNC/SCAI/SCCT/SCMR 2007 appropriateness criteria for transthoracic and transesophageal echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2007; 20: 787–805.
3. , , , et al. Tomographic views of normal and abnormal hearts: the anatomic basis for various cardiac imaging techniques, Part I. Clin Cardiol 1990; 13: 804–12.
4. , , , et al. Tomographic views of normal and abnormal hearts: the anatomic basis for various cardiac imaging techniques, Part II. Clin Cardiol 1990; 13: 877–84.
5. , , , , . Evaluation of transesophageal echocardiography as a diagnostic and therapeutic aid in a critical care setting. Chest 1995; 107: 774–9.
6. , , , et al. ASE/SCA guidelines for performing a comprehensive intraoperative multiplane transoesophageal echocardiography examination: recommendations of the American Society of Echocardiography Council for Intraoperative Echocardiography and the Society of Cardiovascular Anesthesiologists Task Force for Certification in Perioperative Transesophageal Echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 1999; 12: 884–900.
7. , , , et al. ACC/AHA/ASE 2003 guideline update for the clinical application of echocardiography: summary article. A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (ACC/AHA/ASE Committee to Update the 1997 Guidelines for the Clinical Application of Echocardiography). Circulation 2003; 108: 1146–62.
8. , , , et al. Report of the American Society of Echocardiography Committee on Nomenclature and Standards in Two-dimensional Echocardiography. Circulation 1980; 62: 212–17.
9. , , , et al. Recommendations for quantitation of the left ventricle by two-dimensional echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 1989; 2: 358–67.
10. , , , et al. Recommendations for chamber quantification: a report from the American Society of Echocardiography’s Guidelines and Standards Committee and the Chamber Quantification Writing Group, developed in conjunction with the European Association of Echocardiography, a branch of the European Society of Cardiology. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 2005; 18: 1440–63.
11. . From the Committee on Advanced Cardiac Imaging and Technology, Council on Clinical Cardiology, American Heart Association; Cardiovascular Imaging Committee, American College of Cardiology; and Board of Directors, Cardiovascular Council, Society of Nuclear Medicine. Circulation 1992; 86: 338–9.
12. , , , et al. Cross-sectional multiplane transesophageal echocardiographic measurements: comparison with standard transthoracic values obtained in the same setting. Echocardiography 2002; 19: 383–90.
13. , , , . Echocardiographic diagnosis of segmental wall motion abnormalities. Acta Anaesthesiol Scand Suppl 1997; 111: 271–4.
14. , , , et al. Comparison of four echocardiographic techniques for measuring left ventricular ejection fraction. Am J Cardiol 2000; 86: 1358–62.
15. , , . Quantitation of left ventricular volumes and ejection fraction by biplane transesophageal echocardiography. Am J Cardiol 1993; 72: 356–9.
16. . [The role of transesophageal echocardiography in intraoperative hemodynamic monitoring] Minerva Anestesiol 2001; 67: 320–4.
17. , , , , . The use of and preferences for the transesophageal echocardiogram and pulmonary artery catheter among cardiovascular anesthesiologists. Anesth Analg 2002; 94: 1065–71.
18. , , , et al. Clinical utility of tissue Doppler imaging in patients with acute myocardial infarction complicated by cardiogenic shock. Cardiovasc Ultrasound 2008; 6: 11.
19. , , , et al. Standardized myocardial segmentation and nomenclature for tomographic imaging of the heart. A statement for healthcare professionals from the Cardiac Imaging Committee of the Council on Clinical Cardiology of the American Heart Association. Circulation 2002; 105: 539–42.
20. , . Detection of myocardial ischemia by transesophageal echocardiographically determined changes in left ventricular area in patients undergoing coronary artery bypass surgery. J Clin Anesth 1997; 9: 388–93.
21. , , , et al. Biplane transoesophageal echocardiographic detection of myocardial ischaemia in patients with coronary artery disease undergoing non-cardiac surgery: segmental wall motion vs. electrocardiography and haemodynamic performance. Eur J Anaesthesiol 1997; 14: 412–20.
22. . How to reliably detect ischemia in the intensive care unit and operating room. Semin Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth 2006; 10: 101–9.
23. , , , et al. Comparison between dobutamine echocardiography and thallium-201 scintigraphy in detecting residual stenosis, ischemia, and necrosis in patients with prior myocardial infarction. Clin Cardiol 1997; 20: 351–6.
24. , , , et al. Comparison of myocardial tissue velocities measured by two-dimensional speckle tracking and tissue Doppler imaging. Am J Cardiol 2008; 102: 784–9.
25. , , , et al. Normal values of regional left ventricular endocardial motion: multicenter color kinesis study. Am J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol 2000; 279: H2464–76.
26. , , , et al. Myocardial wall velocity assessment by pulsed Doppler tissue imaging: characteristic findings in normal subjects. Am Heart J 1996; 132: 648–56.
27. , , , , . Longitudinal plane colour tissue-Doppler myocardial velocities and their association with left ventricular length, volume, and mass in humans. Eur J Echocardiogr 2008; 9: 542–6.
28. , , . Prognostic value of pulse-wave tissue Doppler parameters in patients with systolic heart failure. Am J Cardiol 2008; 102: 722–5.
29. , , , et al. The effect of routine intraoperative transesophageal echocardiography on surgical management. J Cardiothorac Vasc Anesth. 2007; 21: 800–4.
30. , , , et al. Deterioration of regional wall motion immediately after coronary artery bypass graft surgery is associated with long-term major adverse cardiac events. Anesthesiology 2007; 107: 739–45.
31. . Comprehensive echocardiographic assessment of diastolic function. Heart Fail Clin 2006; 2: 163–78.
32. , , . New Doppler echocardiographic applications for the study of diastolic function. J Am Coll Cardiol 1998; 32: 865–75.
33. , . Echocardiographic Doppler evaluation of left ventricular diastolic function: physics and physiology. Circulation 1991; 84: 977–90.
34. , , , et al. Utility of Doppler echocardiography and tissue Doppler imaging in the estimation of diastolic function in heart failure with normal ejection fraction: a comparative Doppler-conductance catheterization study. Circulation 2007; 116: 637–47.
35. , . Evaluation of left ventricular diastolic function: clinical relevance and recent Doppler echocardiographic insights. Am Heart J 1987; 114: 836–51.
36. , , , et al. Peak mitral annular velocity during early diastole and propagation velocity of early diastolic filling flow are not interchangeable as the parameters of left ventricular early diastolic function. Am J Cardiol 2008; 101: 1467–71.
37. , , , et al. Color M-mode Doppler flow propagation velocity is a preload insensitive index of left ventricular relaxation: animal and human validation. J Am Coll Cardiol 2000; 35: 201–8.
38. , , , , . Doppler tissue imaging: a noninvasive technique for evaluation of left ventricular relaxation and estimation of filling pressures. J Am Coll Cardiol 1997; 30: 1527–33.
39. , , , et al. Canadian consensus recommendations for the measurement and reporting of diastolic dysfunction by echocardiography: from the Investigators of Consensus on Diastolic Dysfunction by Echocardiography. J Am Soc Echocardiogr 1996; 9: 736–60.
40. , , , et al. Peak early diastolic mitral annulus velocity by tissue Doppler imaging adds independent and incremental prognostic value. J Am Coll Cardiol 2003; 41: 820–6.
41. , , , et al. Assessment of mitral annulus velocity by Doppler tissue imaging in the evaluation of left ventricular diastolic function. J Am Coll Cardiol 1997; 30: 474–80.
42. , , , . Comparison of early diastolic mitral annular velocity and flow propagation velocity in detection of mild to moderate left ventricular diastolic dysfunction. Eur J Echocardiogr 2004; 5: 196–204.
43. , , , et al. Age dependency in the timing of mitral annular motion in relation to ventricular filling in healthy subjects: Umea General Population Heart Study. Eur J Echocardiogr 2008; 9: 522–9.
44. , . Diagnosis of diastolic heart failure. Curr Cardiol Rep 2007; 9: 224–8.
45. , , . Current clinical applications of spectral tissue Doppler echocardiography (E/E’ ratio) as a noninvasive surrogate for left ventricular diastolic pressures in the diagnosis of heart failure with preserved left ventricular systolic function. Cardiovasc Ultrasound 2007; 5: 16.
46. , . Left ventricular end-diastolic volume is normal in patients with heart failure and a normal ejection fraction: a renewed consensus in diastolic heart failure. J Am Coll Cardiol 2007; 49: 982–5.
47. , , , et al. New index of combined systolic and diastolic myocardial performance: a simple and reproducible measure of cardiac function: a study in normals and dilated cardiomyopathy. J Cardiol 1995; 26: 357–66.
48. , , , et al. Reduced compliance of left ventricle. Minerva Anestesiol 2004; 70: 225–8.
49. , , , et al. Validation of isovolumic relaxation flow propagation velocity as an index of ventricular relaxation. Ultrasound Med Biol 2007; 33: 1098–103.