- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: October 2012
- Print publication year: 2012
- Online ISBN: 9781139027656
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/CBO9781139027656
It has become popular in recent years to talk about 'identity' as an aspect of engagement with technology - in virtual environments, in games, in social media and in our increasingly digital world. But what do we mean by identity and how do our theories and assumptions about identity affect the kinds of questions we ask about its relationship to technology and learning? Constructing the Self in a Digital World takes up this question explicitly, bringing together authors working from different models of identity but all examining the role of technology in the learning and lives of children and youth.