1. . Epidemiology of uterine leiomyomata. Clin Obstet Gynecol 2001;44:316–326.
2. , . Uterine leiomyomata: etiology, symptomatology and management. Fertil Steril 1981;36:433–445.
3. , . Clinical presentation of uterine fibroids. Bailliere's Clin Obstet Gynaecol 1998;12:177–195.
4. , . The frequency of uterine leiomyomas. Am J Clin Pathol 1990;94:435–438.
5. , , , et al. Variation in the incidence of uterine leiomyoma among premenopausal women by age and race. Obstet Gynecol 1997;90:967–973.
6. , , , et al. Risk factors for uterine fibroids: reduced risk associated with oral contraceptives. BMJ 1986;293:359–362.
7. , , . New directions in the epidemiology of uterine fibroids. Semin Reprod Med 2010;28:204–217.
8. , , . Risk factors for uterine leiomyoma: a practice-based case–control study. I. African-American heritage, reproductive history, body size, and smoking. Am J Epidemiol 2001;153:1–10.
9. , , , et al. High cumulative incidence of uterine leiomyoma in black and white women: ultrasound evidence. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2003;188:100–107.
10. , , , et al. Involvement of fumarate hydratase in nonsyndromic uterine leiomyomas: genetic linkage analysis and FISH studies. Genes Chromos Cancer 2004;41:183–190.
11. , , , et al. Uterine leiomyomata and decreased height: a common HMGA2 predisposition allele. Hum Genet 2009;125:257–263.
12. , . Ethnic distribution of estrogen receptor-alpha polymorphism is associated with a higher prevalence of uterine leiomyomas in black Americans. Fertil Steril 2006;86:686–693.
13. , . Catechol-O-methyltransferase polymorphism is associated with increased uterine leiomyoma risk in different ethnic groups. J Soc Gynecol Invest 2006;13:136–144.
14. , . The expression and potential regulatory function of microRNAs in the pathogenesis of leiomyoma. Semin Reprod Med 2008;26:500–514.
15. , , . Racial diversity in uterine leiomyoma clinical studies. Fertil Steril 2010;94:1500–1503.
16. . Role of hormonal and reproductive factors in the etiology and treatment of uterine leiomyoma. Rec Prog Horm Res 2002;57:277–294.
17. , , , et al. A prospective study of reproductive factors and oral contraceptive use in relation to the risk of uterine leiomyomata. Fertil Steril 1998;70:432–439.
18. , , , et al. Risk factors for self reported uterine fibroids: a case control study. Am J Pub Health 1996;86:858–862.
19. , , . Determinants of uterine fibroids. Post Market Surveil 1991;5:119–133.
20. , , , et al. Protective effect of depot-medroxyprogesterone acetate on surgically treated uterine leiomyomas: a multicenter case–control study. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1995;103:909–914.
21. , , , et al. Reproductive factors, hormonal contraception, and risk of uterine leiomyomata in African-American women: a prospective study. Am J Epidemiol 2004;159:113–123.
22. , , , et al. Risk factors for uterine fibroids among women undergoing tubal sterilization. Am J Epidemiol 2001;153:20–26.
23. , , , et al. Reproductive factors and risk of uterine fibroids. Epidemiology 1996;7:440–442.
24. , , . Progesterone: a critical role in the pathogenesis of uterine myomas. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1995;172:14–18.
25. , , , et al. The effects of hormone replacement therapy on uterine fibroids in postmenopausal women. Fertil Steril 1996;65:354–357.
26. , , , et al. Effect of hormone replacement therapy on uterine fibroids in postmenopausal women: a 3-year study. Maturitas 2002;43:35–39.
27. , , , et al. A randomized study of the effects of tibolone and transdermal estrogen replacement therapy in postmenopausal women with uterine myomas. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2000;88:91–94.
28. , , , et al. Bleeding patterns in recent postmenopausal outpatients with uterine myomas: comparison between two regimens of HRT. Maturitas 1998;29:261–264.
29. , , , et al. Postmenopausal estrogen and progestogen therapy and the risk of uterine leiomyomas. Menopause 2004;11:214–222.
30. , , , et al. Risk of uterine leiomyomata among premenopausal women in relation to body size and cigarette smoking. Epidemiology 1998;9:511–517.
31. , , , et al. Epidemiologic characteristics of women with uterine fibroids: case–control study. Obstet Gynecol 1988;72:853–857.
32. , , , et al. Anthropometric characteristics and risk of uterine leiomyoma. Epidemiology 2007;18:758–763.
33. , , , , . Association of physical activity with development of uterine leiomyoma. Am J Epidemiol 2007;165:157–163.
34. , , , et al. Uterine myomas and smoking. Results from an Italian study. J Reprod Med 1996;41:316–320.
35. , , . Etiology and pathogenesis of uterine leiomyomas: a review. Environ Health Perspect 2003;111:1037–1054.
36. , , , et al. Risk of uterine leiomyomata in relation to tobacco, alcohol and caffeine consumption in the Black Women's Health Study. Hum Reprod 2004;19:1746–1754.
37. , , , et al. Unicellular histogenesis of uterine leiomyomas as determined by electrophoresis of glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1970;107:1168–1173.
38. , , , et al. Analysis of androgen receptor DNA reveals the independent clonal origins of uterine leiomyomata and the secondary nature of cytogenetic aberrations in the development of leiomyomata. Genes Chromos Cancer 1994;11:1–6.
39. , , , et al. Clonal determination of uterine leiomyomas by analyzing differential inactivation of the X-chromosome-linked phosphoglycerokinase gene. Gynecol Obstet Invest 1995;40:204–208.
40. , . Genetics and the development of fibroids. Clin Obstet Gynecol 2001;44:335–349.
41. , , , et al. HMGIC expression in human adult and fetal tissues and in uterine leiomyomata. Genes Chromos Cancer 1999;25:316–322.
42. , , , et al. Localization and expression of the human estrogen receptor beta gene in uterine leiomyomata. Genes Chromos Cancer 1998;23:361–366.
43. , , , et al. HMGIY is the target of 6p21.3 rearrangements in various benign mesenchymal tumors. Genes Chromos Cancer 1998;23:279–285.
44. , , , et al. Expression of HMGI-C and HMGI(Y) in ordinary lipoma and atypical lipomatous tumors: immunohistochemical reactivity correlates with karyotypic alterations. Am J Pathol 1997;151:37–43.
45. , , , et al. HMGI(Y) activation by chromosome 6p21 rearrangements in multilineage mesenchymal cells from pulmonary hamartoma. Am J Pathol 1997;150:901–910.
46. , , , et al. Hamartoma of the breast with involvement of 6p21 and rearrangement of HMGIY. Genes Chromos Cancer 1997;20:90–92.
47. , , et al. Involvement of 6p in an endometrial polyp. Cancer Genet Cytogenet 1991;51:279–280.
48. , , , et al. Expression of HMGIY in three uterine leiomyomata with complex rearrangements of chromosome 6. Cancer Gene Cytogenet 1999;114:9–16.
49. , . Genetics of uterine leiomyomata. Genes Chromos Cancer 2000;28:235–245.
50. , , , et al. Uterine leiomyoma cytogenetics. III. Interphase cytogenetic analysis of karyotypically normal uterine leiomyoma excludes possibility of undetected trisomy 12. Cancer Genet Cytogenet 1992;62:40–42.
51. , . Leiomyomata: heritability and cytogenetic studies. Genes Chromos Cancer 2000;28:235–245.
52. , , , et al. Pathways to hysterectomy: insights from longitudinal twin research. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1992;167:82–88.
53. , , , et al. Heritability and risk factors of uterine fibroids: the Finnish Twin Cohort study. Maturitas 2000;37:15–26.
54. , . Regarding the question of inheritance of uterine myoma. D Med Wochenschr 1938;68:235–257.
55. , , . Genetic-epidemiological analysis of uterine myoma: estimate of risk to relatives. Genetika 1989;25:1896–1898.
56. , , . Familial predisposition to uterine leiomyomas. Int J Gynecol Obstet 1995;51:127–131.
57. , , , et al. Familial aggregation of uterine leiomyomata. Am J Epidemiol 2000;151:S10.
58. , , , et al. Oestrogen and progesterone receptor concentrations in leiomyoma and normal myometrium. Ann Clin Biochem 1987;24:263–267.
59. , , , et al. Estrogen receptors (ERalpha/ERbeta) in normal and pathological growth of the human myometrium: pregnancy and leiomyoma. Am J Physiol 1999;276:E1112–1118.
60. , , , et al. Aromatase activity in uterine leiomyomata. J Steroid Biochem 1984;20:1195–1200.
61. , , , et al. In situ estrogen synthesized by aromatase P450 in uterine leiomyoma cells promotes cell growth probably via an autocrine/intracrine mechanism. Endocrinology 2000;141:3852–3861.
62. , , . Estrogen biosynthesis in leiomyoma and myometrium of the uterus. Horm Metab Res 1984;16:678–679.
63. , , , et al. Plasma growth hormone and estradiol levels in women with uterine myomas. Obstet Gynecol 1972;40:829–834.
64. , , . Daily follicle-stimulating hormone, luteinizing hormone, estradiol, and progesterone in ten women harboring uterine leiomyomas. Fertil Steril 1986;46:205–208.
65. , . Plasma insulin-like growth factor-I, CA-125, estrogen, and progesterone in women with leiomyomas. Fertil Steril 1994;61:617–621.
66. , , , et al. 4-Hydroxylation of estradiol by human uterine myometrium and myoma microsomes: implications for the mechanism of uterine tumorigenesis. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1995;92:9220–9224.
67. , , , et al. Progesterone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid and protein are overexpressed in human uterine leiomyomas. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1993;169:78–85.
68. , , , et al. Distribution of the A and B forms of the progesterone receptor messenger ribonucleic acid and protein in uterine leiomyomata and adjacent myometrium. Hum Reprod 1997;12:815–822.
69. , , , et al. Unconjugated steroids in leiomyomas and tumor-bearing myometrium. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1982;143:130–133.
70. . The effect of progestins on the mitotic activity of uterine fibromyomas. Int J Gynecol Path 1985;4:89–96.
71. , , , et al. Mitotic activity in uterine leiomyomas during the menstrual cycle. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1989;160:637–641.
72. , , , et al. Ultrastructural study of cultured smooth muscle cells from uterine leiomyoma and myometrium under the influence of sex steroids. Gynecol Oncol 1985;21:32–41.
73. , , , et al. Effects of progesterone on uterine leiomyoma growth and apoptosis. Steroids 2000;65:585–592.
74. , , , et al. Binding sites for epidermal growth factor in human uterine tissues and leiomyoma. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1984;58:880–884.
75. , , , et al. Epidermal growth factor replaces estrogen in the stimulation of female genital-tract growth and differentiation. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1991;88:21–25.
76. , , . Presence of messenger ribonucleic acid for epidermal growth factor (EGF) and EGF receptor demonstrable in monolayer cell cultures of myometrial and leiomyoma. Fertil Steril 1991;56:997–1000.
77. , , . Presence of epidermal growth factor, platelet-derived growth factor (PDGF), and their receptors in human myometrial tissue and smooth muscle cells: their action in smooth muscle cells in vitro. Endocrinology 1992;130:1716–1727.
78. , . Transforming growth factors and the regulation of cell proliferation. Eur J Biochem 1990;187:467–473.
79. , , . Increased expression of Bcl-2 protein in human uterine leiomyoma and its up-regulation by progesterone. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1997;82:293–299.
80. , , , et al. Differentiation, proliferation and apoptosis levels in human leiomyoma and leiomyosarcoma. J Cancer Res Clin Oncol 1998;124:93–105.
81. , , , et al. Cellular proliferation, estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and BCL-2 expression in GnRH agonist-treated uterine leiomyomas. Hum Pathol 1998;29:359–363.
82. . Uterine fibroids. Lancet 2001;357:293–298.
83. . Clinical symptomatology of uterine leiomyomas. Clin Obstet Gynecol 2001;44:364–371.
84. , , , et al. Diagnostic inadequacy of dilation and curettage. Fertil Steril 2001;75:803–805.
85. , , , et al. The Ontario Uterine Fibroid Embolization Trial. Part 2. Uterine fibroid reduction and symptom relief after uterine artery embolization for fibroids. Fertil Steril 2003;79:120–127.
86. , , . Epidemiology of menstrual blood loss. In , (eds.) Mechanisms of Menstrual Bleeding. New York: Raven, 1985; pp. 181–193.
87. , , . Venous changes in the endometrium of myomatous uteri. Obstet Gynecol 1971;38:743–751.
88. , . Prostaglandin production by human myometrium, uterine cervix and leiomyoma. ProsaglandinLeukot Med 1987;29:107–112.
89. . Factors in fibroid growth. Bailliere's Clin Obstet Gynecol 1998;12:233–238.
90. , , , et al. Abnormal uterine bleeding associated with iron deficiency anemia. Etiology and role of hysteroscopy. J Reprod Med 1993;38:502–504.
91. , , , et al. Uterine fibroids and gynecologic pain symptoms in a population-based study. Fertil Steril 2003;80:1488–1494.
92. , , , et al. Uterine leiomyomas: racial differences in severity, symptoms, and age at diagnosis. J Reprod Med 1994;41:483–490.
93. , , , et al. Ureteral obstruction in a transplanted kidney secondary to a subserous myoma uteri. Transplant 2003;75:1915–1916.
94. , , . Routine hysterectomy for large asymptomatic uterine leiomyomata: a reappraisal. Obstet Gynecol 1992;79:481–484.
95. , , , et al. Large bowel obstruction due to a benign uterine leiomyoma. Gut 2004;53:386.
96. , . Fibroids, infertility and pregnancy wastage. Hum Reprod Update 2000;6:614–620.
97. . Fibroids and infertility: a systematic review of the evidence. Obstet Gynecol Surv 2001;56:483–491.
98. , , . Fibroids and infertility: An updated systematic review of the evidence. Fertil Steril 2009;91:1215–1223.
99. , , , et al. Fertility after hysteroscopic myomectomy. Hum Reprod Update 1995;1:81–90.
100. , , , et al. The role of leiomyomas in infertility. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 1999;6:441–445.
101. , . What are the implications of myomas on fertility? A need for a debate? Hum Reprod 2002;17:1424–1430.
102. , , , et al. A prospective controlled study of the effect of intramural uterine fibroids on the outcome of assisted conception. Hum Reprod 2001;16:2411–2417.
103. , , , et al. Impact of subserosal and intramural uterine fibroids that do not distort the endometrial cavity on the outcome of in vitro fertilization-intracytoplasmic sperm injection. Fertil Steril 2004;81:582–587.
104. , , , et al. The effect on IVF outcome of small intramural fibroids not compressing the uterine cavity as determined by a prospective matched control study. Hum Reprod 2002;17:1244–1248.
105. , . Doppler ultrasound examination of uterine arteries on the day of oocyte retrieval in patients with uterine fibroids undergoing IVF. Hum Reprod 2002;17:765–770.
106. , , , , . The effect of intramural fibroids without uterine cavity involvement on the outcome of IVF treatment: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Hum Reprod 2010;25:418–429.
107. . Impact of intramural leiomyomata on in-vitro fertilization-embryo transfer cycle outcome. Curr Opin Obstet Gynecol 2003;15:239–242.
108. , , . Myomas of the uterus in pregnancy: ultrasonographic follow-up. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1980;138:16–19.
109. , , , et al. Management of Uterine Fibroids [Evidence Report/Technology Assessment]. Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, 2001.
110. , , , et al. Outcome of pregnancies in women with uterine leiomyomas identified by sonography in the first trimester. J Clin Ultrasound 2001;29:261–264.
111. , , . Myomectomy: a retrospective study to examine reproductive performance before and after surgery. Hum Reprod 1999;14:1735–1740.
112. , , . Complications in pregnancy, labor, and delivery with uterine leiomyomas: a population-based study. Obstet Gynecol 2000;95:764–769.
113. , , , et al. Leiomyomata uteri, genetic amniocentesis, and the risk of second-trimester spontaneous abortion. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002;186:913–915.
114. , . Pregnancy in women with myoma uteri. Infert Reprod Med Clin North Am 1996;7:19–32.
115. , , . Complications of uterine leiomyomas in pregnancy. Obstet Gynecol 1989;73:593–596.
116. , , , et al. Comparison of bimanual examination with ultrasound examination before hysterectomy for uterine leiomyoma. Obstet Gynecol 1998;92:109–112.
117. , , . Sonohysterographic evaluation of uterine abnormalities noted on hysterosalpingography. Hum Reprod 1997;12:2151–2153.
118. , , , et al. Prevention of acute pelvic inflammatory disease after hysterosalpingography: efficacy of doxycycline prophylaxis. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1983;147:623–626.
119. . Imaging techniques for fibroid detection. Bailliere's Clin Obstet Gynecol 1998;12:213–224.
120. , , . Imaging of uterine leiomyomas. Am J Roentgenol 1992;158:799–805.
121. , . Ultrasonography and magnetic resonance imaging of uterine fibroids. Obstet Gynecol Clin North Am 1995;22:667–725.
122. , , , et al. Transvaginal sonography versus hysteroscopy in the diagnosis of uterine submucous myomas. Obstet Gynecol 1991;77:745–748.
123. , , , et al. Accuracy of magnetic resonance imaging and transvaginal ultrasonography in the diagnosis, mapping, and measurement of uterine myomas. Am J Obstet Gynecol 2002;186:409–415.
124. , , , et al. Comparison of transvaginal sonography, saline infusion sonography, and hysteroscopy in premenopausal women with abnormal uterine bleeding. J Clin Ultrasound 2000;28:217–223.
125. , , , et al. A prospective study to evaluate the efficacy of two- and three-dimensional sonohysterography in women with intrauterine lesions. Fertil Steril 2003;79:1222–1225.
126. , , , et al. Clinical application of volume estimation based on three dimensional ultrasonography. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 1995;6:359–361.
127. . Three-dimensional ultrasound in gynecology: a critical evaluation. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2002;19:109–117.
128. , , . Impact of sonohysterography on the management of women with uterine myomas. Ultrasound Obstet Gynecol 2001;18(Suppl):2.
129. , , , et al. Uterine leiomyomas: correlation of MR, histopathological findings, and symptoms. Radiology 1986;158;385–391.
130. , , . Benign myometrial conditions: leiomyomas and adenomyosis. Top Magn Reson Imaging 2003;14:281–304.
131. , , , et al. SOGC Clinical practice guidelines: The management of uterine leiomyomas. J Obstet Gynaecol Can 2003;25:396–405.
132. , , . Leiomyosarcomas: clinical presentation. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1993;168:180–183.
133. , , , et al. Unsuspected leiomyosarcoma: treatment with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue. Obstet Gynecol 1990;75:529–532.
134. , , , et al. An evaluation of the effect of gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogs and medroxyprogesterone acetate on uterine leiomyomata volume by magnetic resonance imaging: a prospective, randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled, crossover trial. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1993;76:1217–1223.
135. , . Health during prolonged use of levonorgestrel 20mcg/d and the copper TCu 380Ag intrauterine contraceptive devices: a multicenter study. International Committee for Contraception Research. Fertil Steril 1994, 61:70–77.
136. , , , et al. Intrauterine progestin induces continuous insulin-like growth factor- binding protein-1 production in the human endometrium. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1992;75:660–664.
137. , , , , et al. Intrauterine device use among women with uterine fibroids: a systematic review. Contraception 2010;82:41–55.
138. , , . Uterine volume and menstrual patterns in users of the levonorgestrel-releasing intrauterine system with idiopathic menorrhagia or menorrhagia due to leiomyomas. Contraception 2007;75:193–198.
139. , . Primary and myoma-associated menorrhagia: role of prostaglandins and effects of ibuprofen. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1986;93:974–978.
140. , . Naproxen reduces idiopathic but not fibromyoma-induced menorrhagia. Obstet Gynecol 1986;68:10–12.
141. , , , et al. Treatment of leiomyomata with intranasal or subcutaneous leuprolide, a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist. Fertil Steril 1987;48:560–564.
142. , , , et al. Treatment of leiomyomata uteri with leuprolide acetate depot: a double-blind, placebo-controlled, multicenter study. Obstet Gynecol 1991;77:720–725.
143. , . Medical treatment of uterine fibroids. Clin Obstet Gynecol 2001;44:372–384.
144. . Gonadotropin hormone-releasing hormone analogue treatment of fibroids. Bailliere's Clin Obstet Gynecol 1998;12:245–268.
145. , . GnRH agonists in the management of uterine leiomyoma. Infert Reprod Med Clin North Am 1996;7:33–55.
146. , , , et al. An evidence based guideline for the management of uterine fibroids. Aust N Z J Obstet Gynaecol 2001;41:125–140.
147. , , , et al. Treatment of uterine fibroids with implants of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist: assessment by hysterography. Fertil Steril 1989;51:947–950.
148. , . Effects of two different doses of leuprolide acetate depot on uterine cavity area in patients with uterine leiomyomata. Fertil Steril 1995;63:487–490.
149. , , , et al. Predictors of uterine volume reduction in women with myomas treated with a gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist. Fertil Steril 1992;8:413–415.
150. , , , et al. Evaluation of leuprolide acetate treatment on histopathology of uterine myomata. Fertil Steril 1994;61:622–626.
151. , , , et al. A randomized, placebo-controlled, double-blind study evaluating the efficacy of leuprolide acetate depot in the treatment of uterine leiomyomata. Fertil Steril 1989;51:251–256.
152. , , , et al. Laparoscopic myomectomy: predicting the risk of conversion to an open procedure. Human Reprod 2001;16:1726–1731.
153. , , , et al. Doppler assessment of uterine blood flow changes in patients with fibroids receiving the gonadotropin releasing hormone agonist buserelin. Fertil Steril 1988;46:1083–1085.
154. . Blood flow changes in the uterus induced by treatment with GnRH analogues. Hum Reprod 1996;11:27–32.
155. , , , et al. Efficacy of leuprorelin acetate depot in symptomatic fibromatous uteri: the Italian multicenter trial. Clin Ther 1992;14:57–73.
156. , , . Goserelin in the treatment of fibroids. Br J Obstet Gynecol 1992;99(Suppl):27–30.
157. , , , , . Symptomatic uterine fibroids: treatment with uterine artery embolization or hysterectomy: results from the randomized clinical Embolization versus Hysterectomy (EMMY) Trial. Radiology 2008;246:823–832.
158. , , , et al. Committee of the Randomized Trial of Embolization versus Surgical Treatment for Fibroids. Uterine-artery embolization versus surgery for symptomatic uterine fibroids. N Engl J Med 2007;356:360–370.
159. , , , et al. A prospective, randomized trial of gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist plus estrogen-progestin or progestin “add-back” regimens for women with leiomyomata uteri. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 1993;76:1439–1445.
160. . Treatment of leiomyomata uteri with short-term leuprolide followed by leuprolide plus estrogen-progestin hormone replacement therapy for 2 years: a pilot study. Fertil Steril 1989;51:526–528.
161. . RU 486 in the treatment of leiomyomata uteri. Infert Reprod Med Clin North Am 1996;7:57–68.
162. , , , et al. Asoprisnil (J867): a selective progesterone receptor modulator for gynecological therapy. Steroids 2003;68:1019–1032.
163. , , , et al. A randomized, controlled trial of asoprisnil, a novel selective progesterone receptor modulator, in women with uterine leiomyomata. Fertil Steril 2007;87:1399–1412.
164. , , , et al. Effects of levonorgestrel-releasing IUS and progesterone receptor modulator PRM CDB-2914 on uterine leiomyomas. Contraception 2007;75:S99–103.
165. , , , et al. Endocrinological and histological changes after treatment of uterine leiomyomas with danazol or buserelin. J Obstet Gynecol 1995;21:1–7.
166. , , , et al. Danazol administration after gonadotropin-releasing hormone analogue reduces rebound of uterine myomas. Hum Reprod 1997;12:357–360.
167. , , , et al. Danazol suspension injected into the uterine cervix of patients with adenomyomas and myoma. Gynecol Obstet Ivest 1995;39:207–211.
168. , . Long-term treatment of leiomyomas with gestrinone. Fertil Steril 1989;51:939–946.
169. , . Use of an aromatase inhibitor for induction of ovulation in patients with an inadequate response to clomiphene citrate. Fertil Steril 2001;75:305–309.
170. , , , et al. A randomized, controlled clinical trial comparing the effects of aromatase inhibitor (letrozole) and gonadotropin-releasing hormone agonist (triptorelin) on uterine leiomyoma volume and hormonal status. Fertil Steril 2010;93:192–198.
171. , . Other medical management of uterine fibroids. Baillieres Clin Obstet Gynaecol 1998;12:269–288.
172. , , , et al. Raloxifene prevents the growth of uterine leiomyomas in premenopausal women. Fertil Steril 2004;81:132–136.
173. , , , . Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) for uterine leiomyomas. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2007;(4):1–22.
174. , , . The clinical observation of warm Needle (Ex-CA1) for uterine fibroids. J Clin Acupuncture Moxibustion 2005;21:45.
175. , , , . Herbal preparations for uterine fibroids. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2013;(4):CD005292.
176. , , , et al. Arterial occlusion to treat uterine myomata. Lancet 1995;346:671–672.
177. , , , et al. Patient radiation dose associated with uterine artery embolization. Radiology 2000;214:121–125.
178. , , . Fibroid embolization. Clin Radiol 2002;57:325–331.
179. , , , et al. Incidence and risk factors for clinical failure of uterine leiomyoma embolization. Obstet Gynecol 2012;120:269–276.
180. , , , . Uterine artery embolization for symptomatic uterine fibroids. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2012;(5):CD005073.
181. , , . Pregnancy after uterine artery embolization. Obstet Gynecol 2002;100:869–872.
182. , , , et al. Pregnancy following treatment of symptomatic myomas with laparoscopic bipolar coagulation of uterine vessels. Hum Reprod 2003;18:1077–1081.
183. , . Uterine artery embolization for fibroids is associated with an increased risk of miscarriage. Fertil Steril 2010;94:324–930.
184. , , , . The Fibroid Registry for outcomes data (FIBROID) for uterine embolization: short term outcomes. Obstet Gynecol 2005;106:52–59.
185. , , , et al. Fatal septicaemia after fibroid embolization. Lancet 1999;354:307–308.
186. , , , et al. Fibroid-related menorrhagia: treatment with superselective embolization of the uterine arteries and mid term follow-up. Radiology 2000;215:428–431.
187. , , , et al. The impact of uterine fibroid embolization on resumption of menses and ovarian function. J Vasc Interv Radiol 2000;11:699–703.
188. , , , , . Venous thromboembolism after uterine fibroid embolization. Cardiovasc Interv Radiol 2003;14:1147–1153.
189. , , , et al. Recurrent leiomyomatosis peritonealis disseminata after hysterectomy and bilateral salpingo-oophorectomy during combined hormone replacement therapy. Eur J Obstet Gynecol Reprod Biol 2003;111:216–218.
190. , , . The Maine Women's Health Study: I. Outcomes of hysterectomy. Obstet Gynecol 1994;83:556–565.
191. , , . Randomised controlled trial comparing endometrial resection with abdominal hysterectomy for the surgical treatment of menorrhagia. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1993;100:237–243.
192. , , . Controversies and challenges in the modern management of uterine fibroids. BJOG 2004;111:95–102.
193. , , , et al. Uterine fibroids: uterine artery embolization versus abdominal hysterectomy for treatment: a prospective, randomized, and controlled clinical trial. Radiology 2003;226:425–431.
194. , , , et al. Comparative study of vaginal, laparoscopically assisted vaginal and abdominal hysterectomies for uterine myoma larger than 6 cm in diameter or uterus weighing at least 450 g: a prospective randomized study. Acta Obstet Gynecol Scand 2002;81:1132–1138.
195. , , , et al. A randomized study of total abdominal, vaginal and laparoscopic hysterectomy. Int J Gynecol Obstet 2003;83:37–43.
196. , ., , et al. A randomized comparison of total or supracervical hysterectomy: surgical complications and clinical outcomes. Obstet Gynecol 2003;102:453–462.
197. , , . Uterine fibroids: a clinical review. Br Obstet Gynaecol 1990;97:285.
198. . Myomectomy. In , (eds.) Telinde's Operative Gynecology. Philadelphia, PA: Lippincott-Raven, 1992, pp. 647–660.
199. , , . Morbidity associated with abdominal myomectomy. Obstet Gynecol 1993;82:897.
200. , , , et al. Relative morbidity of abdominal hysterectomy and myomectomy for management of uterine leiomyomas. Obstet Gynecol 1996;88:415–419.
201. , , , et al. Long-term results of laparoscopic myomectomy: recurrence rate in comparison with abdominal myomectomy. Hum Reprod 2001;16:770–774.
202. , , , et al. Recurrence of leiomyomata after myomectomy. Hum Reprod Update 2000;6:595–602.
203. , , , et al. Predictors of subsequent surgery for uterine leiomyomata after abdominal myomectomy. Obstet Gynecol 2002;99:426–432.
204. , , , et al. Laparoscopic myolysis with the Nd:YAg laser. J Gynecol Surg 1993;9:95–99.
205. , , , et al. Experience with laparoscopic leiomyoma coagulation and concomitant operative hysteroscopy. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 1997;4:425–433.
206. , , . Pregnancy outcome after laparoscopic myolysis. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 1998;5:289–292.
207. , . The hydrothermablator system for management of menorrhagia in women with submucous myomas: 12- to 20-month follow-up. J Am Assoc Gynecol Laparosc 2003;10:521–527.
208. . Radiofrequency ablation of uterine leiomyomata: a new minimally invasive hysterectomy alternative. Obstet Gynecol 2002;99:9S.
209. , , , et al. Outpatient procedure for the treatment and relief of symptomatic uterine myomas. Obstet Gynecol 2013;121:1075–1082.
210. , , , et al. Management of uterine leiomyomata: what do we really know?Obstet Gynecol 2002;100:8–17.