1. , , , et al. Pain in clinical oncology: patient satisfaction with management of cancer painEur J Pain 2012 16:381–389.
2. and . Cancer rehabilitation with a focus on evidence-based outpatient physical and occupational therapy interventionsAm J Phys Med Rehabil 2011;90(Suppl 1):S5–S15.
3. , , , et al. National Comprehensive Cancer Network. (NCCN) practice guidelines for cancer pain. Oncology 2000;14:135–150.
4. , . Adjuvant analgesics in pain management. In , , , et al. (eds.) Oxford Textbook of Palliative Medicine. Oxford, UK: Oxford University Press, 2010, pp. 706–733.
5. . Pelvic cancer pain. J Surg Oncol 2000;75:280–300.
6. . Treatment of symptom clusters: pain, depression, and fatigue. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2004;119–123.
7. , , . Symptom clusters: the new frontier in symptom management research. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2004;17–21.
8. , . Management of cancer pain. Lancet 1999;353:1695–1700.
9. , , , et al. Impact of a half-day multidisciplinary symptom control and palliative care outpatient clinic in a comprehensive cancer center on recommendations, symptom intensity, and patient satisfaction: a retrospective descriptive study. J Pain Symptom Manage 2004;27:481–491.
10. , , , et al. Report to the Nation on the status of cancer, 1975–2008, featuring cancers associated with excess weight and lack of sufficient physical activity. Cancer 2012;118:2338–2366.
11. , , , et al. The unequal burden of pain: confronting racial and ethnic disparities in pain. Pain Med 2003;4:277–294.
12. , , . Quality of life concerns in patients with breast cancer: evidence for disparity of outcomes and experiences in pain management and palliative care among African-American women. Cancer 2003;97:311–317.
13. , , , et al. Lung carcinoma symptoms: an independent predictor of survival and an important mediator of African-American disparity in survival. Cancer 2004;101:1655–1663.
14. , , , et al. Racial disparity in incidence patterns and outcome of kidney cancer. Urology 2003;62:1012–1017.
15. , , . Pain mechanisms involved and outcome in advanced cancer patients with possible indications for celiac plexus block and superior hypogastric plexus block. Tumori 2002;88:243–245.
16. , . Epidemiology of cancer pain and factors influencing poor pain control. Am J Hosp Palliat Care 2004;21:137–142.
17. . Opioid rotation for cancer pain: rationale and clinical aspects. Cancer 1999;86:1856–1866.
18. . Assessment of symptom clusters in people with cancer. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2004;98–102.
19. , , . The effects of early or late neurolytic sympathetic plexus block on the management of abdominal or pelvic cancer pain. Pain 2004;110:400–408.
20. , , , et al. CT-guided superior hypogastric plexus block. J Comput Assist Tomogr 2002;26:428–431.
21. , , . Neurolytic superior hypogastric plexus block for chronic pelvic pain associated with cancer. Pain 1993;54:145–151.
22. , , , et al. Epidural clonidine analgesia for intractable cancer pain. The Epidural Clonidine Study Group. Pain 1995;61:391–399.
23. , , , et al. Intrathecal ziconotide in the treatment of refractory pain in patients with cancer or AIDS: a randomized controlled trial. JAMA 2004;291:63–70.
24. , , , et al.Polyanalgesic Consensus Conference 2012: recommendations for the management of pain by intrathecal (intraspinal) drug delivery: report of an Interdisciplinary Expert Panel.Neuromodulation 2012;15:436–466.
25. , , , et al. Randomized clinical trial of an implantable drug delivery system compared with comprehensive medical management for refractory cancer pain: impact on pain, drug-related toxicity, and survival. J Clin Oncol 2002;20:4040–4049.
26. , , , et al. Randomized comparison of medtronic intrathecal drug delivery systems (IDDS) plus comprehensive medical management (CMM) vs. CMM for unrelieved cancer pain. Pain Med 2001;2:251–252.
27. , , , . A cost utilization analysis of intrathecal therapy for refractory cancer pain: identifying factors associated with cost benefit. Pain Med 2013; 14:478–486.
28. , , , et al. Amantadine, a N-methyl-d-aspartate receptor antagonist, does not enhance postoperative analgesia in women undergoing abdominal hysterectomy. Anesth Analg 2001;93:192–196.
29. , , , et al. Morphine versus methadone in the pain treatment of advanced-cancer patients followed up at home. J Clin Oncol 1998;16:3656–3661.
30. , , , et al. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, alone or combined with opioids, for cancer pain: a systematic review. J Clin Oncol 2004;22:1975–1992.
31. , , , et al. Gabapentin for neuropathic cancer pain: a randomized controlled trial from the Gabapentin Cancer Pain Study Group. J Clin Oncol 2004;22:2909–2917.
32. , , , et al. Evidence report on the treatment of pain in cancer patients. J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr 2004;23–31.
33. , , , et al. Combined analysis of two multicenter, randomized, placebo-controlled studies of pamidronate disodium for the palliation of bone pain in men with metastatic prostate cancer. J Clin Oncol 2003;21:4277–4284.
34. , , , et al. Patient-controlled methylphenidate for the management of fatigue in patients with advanced cancer: a preliminary report. J Clin Oncol 2003;21:4439–4443.
35. , , , et al. Intravenous calcium and magnesium for oxaliplatin-induced sensory neurotoxicity in adjuvant colon cancer. J Clin Oncol 2011;29:421–427.
36. , , , . Troublesome symptoms in cancer survivors: fatigue, insomnia, neuropathy, and pain. J Clin Oncol 2012;30:3687–3696.