1. . Mutation and cancer: statistical study of retinoblastoma. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 1971;68:820–823.
2. . Two genetic hits (more or less) to cancer. Nat Rev Cancer 2001;1:157–162.
3. , , , et al. A census of human cancer genes. Nat Rev Cancer 2004;4:177–183.
4. , , , et al. Tissue-specific signatures of activating PIK3CA and RAS mutations in carcinosarcomas of gynecologic origin. Gynecol Oncol 2011;121:212–217.
5. , . Cancer genes and the pathways they control. Nat Med 2004;10:789–799.
6. . Principles of tumor suppression. Cell 2004;116:235–246.
7. , , , , . Family history and the risk of breast cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Int J Cancer 1997;71:800–809.
8. , , , et al. A systematic review and meta-analysis of family history and risk of ovarian cancer. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1998;105:493–499.
9. , , . Breast and ovarian cancer risks due to inherited mutations in BRCA1 and BRCA2. Science 2003;302:643–646.
10. , , , et al. Differing clinical impact of BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutations in serous ovarian cancer. Pharmacogenomics 2012;13:1523–1535.
11. , , , et al. A population study of mutations and LOH at breast cancer gene loci in tumours from sister pairs: two recurrent mutations seem to account for all BRCA1/BRCA2 linked breast cancer in Iceland. J Med Genet 1998;35:446–449.
12. . Modifiers of risk of hereditary breast and ovarian cancer. Nat Rev Cancer 2002;2:113–123.
13. , . Genetic risk assessments in individuals at high risk for inherited breast cancer in the breast oncology care setting. Cancer Control 2012;19:255–266.
14. . Prophylactic oophorectomy in BRCA1 and BRCA2 mutation carriers. Eur J Cancer 2002;38(Suppl 6):S15–S17.
15. , , , et al. Support of the “fallopian tube hypothesis” in a prospective series of risk-reducing salpingo-oophorectomy specimens. Eur J Cancer 2013;49:132–141.
16. , , , et al. Pathologic findings in prophylactic oophorectomy specimens in high-risk women. Gynecol Oncol 2002;87:52–56.
17. , , , et al. Clinicopathologic features of BRCA-linked and sporadic ovarian cancer. JAMA 2000;283:2260–2265.
18. , , , et al. Toward new strategies to select young endometrial cancer patients for mismatch repair gene mutation analysis. J Clin Oncol 2003;21:4364–4370.
19. , . Hereditary colorectal cancer. N Engl J Med 2003;348:919–932.
20. . Role of DNA mismatch repair defects in the pathogenesis of human cancer. J Clin Oncol 2003;21:1174–1179.
21. , , , . The contribution of DNA mismatch repair gene defects to the burden of gynecological cancer. Int J Gynecol Cancer 2003;13:262–277.
22. , , , et al. Hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal carcinoma (HNPCC) and HNPCC-like families: problems in diagnosis, surveillance, and management. Cancer 2004;100:53–64.
23. , , , et al. Role of KRAS and BRAF gene mutations in mucinous ovarian carcinoma. Gynecol Oncol 2003;90:378–381.
24. , , , et al. PIK3CA is implicated as an oncogene in ovarian cancer. Nat Genet 1999;21:99–102.
25. , , , et al. Distribution of HER-2 overexpression in ovarian carcinoma tissue and its prognostic value in patients with ovarian carcinoma: from the Danish MALOVA Ovarian Cancer Study. Cancer 2003;98:66–73.
26. , , , . Major oncogenes and tumor suppressor genes involved in epithelial ovarian cancer. Int J Oncol 2000;16:567–576.
27. , . Mutational spectrum of p53 mutations in primary breast and ovarian tumors. Crit Rev Oncol Hematol 2004;52:103–116.
28. , , . A review of p53 expression and mutation in human benign, low malignant potential, and invasive epithelial ovarian tumors. Cancer 2003;97:389–404.
29. , , , et al. BRCA1, TP53, and CHEK2 germline mutations in uterine serous carcinoma. Cancer 2013;119:332–338.
30. , , , et al. Mutation spectrum and genotype-phenotype analyses in Cowden disease and Bannayan–Zonana syndrome, two hamartoma syndromes with germline PTEN mutation. Hum Mol Genet 1998;7:507–515.
31. , , , et al. PI3K/AKT and apoptosis: size matters. Oncogene 2003;22:8983–8998.
32. , . The biology and clinical relevance of the PTEN tumor suppressor pathway. J Clin Oncol 2004;22:2954–2963.
33. , , , et al. Frequent loss of PTEN expression is linked to elevated phosphorylated Akt levels, but not associated with p27 and cyclin Dl expression, in primary epithelial ovarian carcinomas. Am J Pathol 2001;158:2097–2106.
34. , , , et al. Prognostic value of microsatellite instability (MSI) and PTEN expression in women with endometrial cancer: results from studies of the NCIC Clinical Trials Group (NCIC CTG). Eur J Cancer 2010;46:1365–1373.
35. , , , et al. Mutational analysis of the transforming growth factor beta receptor type II gene in human ovarian carcinoma. Cancer Res 1998;58:4227–4232.
36. , , , . FHIT as tumor suppressor: mechanisms and therapeutic opportunities. Cancer Biol Ther 2002;1:232–236.
37. , , . Loss of nuclear pi 6 protein expression is not associated with promoter methylation but defines a subgroup of aggressive endometrial carcinomas with poor prognosis. Clin Cancer Res 2000;6:153–159.