1. , Trigeminal Neuralgia: Its History and Treatment. Springfield, IL: Charles C. Thomas. 1959.
2. , , , Historical characterization of Trigeminal Neuralgia. Neurosurgery. 2009;64:1183–1187.
3. Trigeminal Neuralgia: mechanisms of treatment. Neurology. 1998;51:17–19.
4. , , , et al. Practice parameter: the diagnostic evaluation and treatment of trigeminal neuralgia (an evidence-based review). Neurology. 2008;71:1183–1190.
5. Diagnosis and differential diagnosis of trigeminal neuralgia. Clin J Pain. 2002;18:14–21.
6. , , Pathophysiology of Trigeminal Neuralgia: The Ignition Hypothesis. Clin J Pain. 2002; 18:4–13.
8. , , , et al. Structural abnormalities of the trigeminal root revealed by diffusion tensor imaging in patients with trigeminal neuralgia caused by neurovascular compression: a prospective, double-blind, controlled study. Pain. 2011;152:2357–2364.
9. , , , et al. Height resolution three-dimensional magnetic resonance angiography and three-dimensional spoiled gradient-recalled imaging in the evaluation of neurovascular compression in patients with trigeminal neuralgia; a double-blind pilot study. Neurosurgery. 2006;58:666–673.
10. , , , et al. Evidence of descending inhibition deficits in atypical but not classical trigeminal neuralgia. Pain. 2009;147:217–223.
11. , Trigeminal neuralgia: historical notes and current concepts. The Neurologist. 2006;15:87–94.
12. , Pharmacotherapy of trigeminal neuralgia. Clin J Pain. 2002;18:22–27.
13. . Management of painful neuropathies. Curr Treat Opt Neurol. 2007;9:75–84.
14. , , , et al. Influence of NMDA and non-NMDA antagonists on acute and inflammatory pain in the trigeminal territory: a placebo control study. Arq Neuro-Psiquiatria. 2008;66:837–843.
15. , , , Subcutaneous and perineural botulinum Toxin Type A for neuropathic pain. Clin J Pain. 2013;29:1006–1012.
16. , , , Injections of Botulinum toxin Type A produce pain alleviation in intractable trigeminal neuralgia: case report. Clin J Pain. 2005;21:182–184.
17. , , , Multimodality treatment of trigeminal neuralgia. Stereotact Funct Neurosurg. 2005;83:197–201.
18. , Peripheral and Gasserian ganglion level procedures for the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia. Clin J Pain. 2002;18:28–34.
19. , , Percutaneous controlled radiofrequency trigeminal rhyzotomy for the treatment of idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia: 25 years experience with 1600 patients. Neurosurgery. 2001;48:524–534.
20. , , , , Pulsed radiofrequency treatment of the Gasserian ganglion in patients with idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia. Pain. 2003;104:449–452.
21. , Microvascular decompression for trigeminal neuralgia. Curr Opin Neurol. 2012;25:296–301.
22. , , Technique of microvascular decompression. Neurosurg Focus. 2005;18:1–5.
23. , , , et al. A nationwide study of three invasive treatments for trigeminal neuralgia. Pain. 2011;152:507–513.
24. , , Historical perspectives on the diagnosis and treatment of trigeminal neuralgia. Neurosurg Focus. 2005;18:1–10.
25. , Nerve combing for trigeminal neuralgia without vascular compression. Clin J Pain. 2009;25:44–47.
26. Jr, , , et al. Microvascular decompression for elderly patients with trigeminal neuralgia: a prospective study and systematic review with meta-analysis. J Neurosurg. 2011;114(1):172–179.
27. , New techniques for surgical management of trigeminal neuralgia. Letter to the editor. Pain. 2004;109:520–529.
28. , , , et al. Gamma knife radiosurgery for recurrent trigeminal neuralgia. J Neurosurgery. 2002;97(5):536–538.
29. , , , et al. Clinical outcomes after stereotactic radiosurgery for idiopathic trigeminal neuralgia. J Neurosurg. 2001;94;14–20.
30. , , , Gamma knife radiosurgery for idiopathic and secondary trigeminal neuralgia. J Neurosurg. 2000;93(Suppl 3):147–151.
31. , , , et al. Long-term outcomes of gamma knife radiosurgery for classic trigeminal neuralgia: implications of treatment and critical review of the literature. J Neurosurg. 2009;111:351–358.
32. , , , et al. Central pain modulation after sub-thalamic nucleus stimulation: a crossover randomized trial. Neurology. 2013;81:633–640.
33. , , , A 12-months prospective study of gasserian stimulation for trigeminal neuropathic pain. Stereotac Funct Neurosurg. 2007;85(5):216–224.