1. and . Brain-heart interactions: The neurocardiology of arrhythmia and sudden cardiac death. Tex Heart Inst J 1993; 20: 158–69.
2. and . Inflammation as a link between brain injury and heart damage: the model of subarachnoid hemorrhage. Cleve Clin J Med 2008; 75: S26–30.
3. . The brain-heart connection. Circulation 2007; 116: 77–84.
4. , , et al. Relation of cardiac troponin I levels with in-hospital mortality in patients with ischemic stroke, intracerebral hemorrhage, and subarachnoid hemorrhage. Am J Cardiol 2008; 102: 632–4.
5. , , et al. Relation of elevation in cardiac troponin I to clinical severity, cardiac dysfunction, and pulmonary congestion in patients with subarachnoid hemorrhage. Am J Cardiol 2008; 102: 1545–50.
6. , , . Inflammation: implications for understanding the heart-brain connection. Cleve Clin J Med 2007; 74: S37–41.