- Publisher: Cambridge University Press
- Online publication date: April 2023
- Print publication year: 2023
- Online ISBN: 9781009071536
- DOI: https://doi.org/10.1017/9781009071536
What kind of education is needed for democracy? How can education respond to the challenges that current democracies face? This unprecedented Handbook offers a comprehensive overview of the most important ideas, issues, and thinkers within democratic education. Its thirty chapters are written by leading experts in the field in an accessible format. Its breadth of purpose and depth of analysis will appeal to both researchers and practitioners in education and politics. The Handbook addresses not only the historical roots and philosophical foundations of democratic education, but also engages with contemporary political issues and key challenges to the project of democratic education.
Rainer Forst - Goethe University Frankfurt, Germany
Sarah M. Stitzlein - University of Cincinnati, USA and Editor of the journal Democracy & Education
Winston Thompson - The Ohio State University, USA
* Views captured on Cambridge Core between #date#. This data will be updated every 24 hours.
Usage data cannot currently be displayed.